Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2024 NFL Draft Day Thread

zCommander

3 minutes ago, dyst said:

I wish the NFL would get rid of these special pick announcers; I don’t need to hear welcome Detroit, or a history lesson each time. 

You know its bad when its painful to listen to D. Green

A remember a few years back guy were clearly drunk.  Terrible marketing plan.

1 minute ago, tmandoug1 said:

These were our "needs", 

Among the needs for the Commanders still to address are offensive tackle, defensive end, cornerback, linebacker, tight end, and even a receiver addition could be in the mix.2 hours ago

Are we saying that there wasn't a BPA at any of these positions at pick #36?

or did we just say **** he was ranked 20th in the first round and we grabbed him at #36. Is that how that works? Is that the defintion of BPA? If we dont trade Allen or Payne before this season starts that **** is stupid as **** IMHO. 

I’m not a big fan of the pick either, but I think what’s often overlooked is each week Payne and Allen both played 88-95% of defensive snaps last season. Those dudes were tired. If you want them to continue to be difference makers you gotta get them some rest and hope not to lose that production. Our previous regime was trash and made **** picks 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, xxprodigyxx said:

lol they haven't played a down. calm down, junior.

1.  Don't appreciate the "junior" comment.  I'm pushing 50.  

2.  Please don't ask me to calm down.  I'm not sitting here frothing at the mouth, but I'm not happy with how we helped Philly one bit.  It's not carved in stone that fans have to like all their teams' moves when they initially happen.  

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

I don't like trading with the Eagles, especially with elite CB talent still on the board. But the worst part is - we didn't even make them pay a big premium!! You always get a premium with in-division trades. Ugh, GMAP - I'm not very impressed right now. The DT pick was great value and BPA, but so was DeJean too - at a POSITION OF NEED.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 3

Just now, mh86 said:

I’m not a big fan of the pick either, but I think what’s often overlooked is each week Payne and Allen both played 88-95% of defensive snaps last season. Those dudes were tired. If you want them to continue to be difference makers you gotta get them some rest and hope not to lose that production. Our previous regime was trash and made **** picks 

why anyone thinks Mathis is reliable depth is beyond me. he has done nothing. ridgeway is decent depth, but he should not be #3 behind or #1 and #2 on the interior.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Kalu44 said:

I don't like trading with the Eagles, especially with elite CB talent still on the board. But the worst part is - we didn't even make them pay a big premium!! You always get a premium with in-division trades. Ugh, GMAP - I'm not very impressed right now. The DT pick was great value and BPA, but so was DeJean too - at a POSITION OF NEED.

well this elite CB talent was overlooked 39 times before he was picked…. Maybe we are over reacting a bit

• Like 2

Just now, Redwards said:

2.  Please don't ask me to calm down.  I'm not sitting here frothing at the mouth, but I'm not happy with how we helped Philly one bit.  It's not carved in stone that fans have to like all their teams' moves when they initially happen.  

Not sure that’s true, Red! The way some folks are posting we’re all just supposed to love every single thing Peters does because… he’s not Rivera.

I’m overall pleased with our direction. And I think we’ve gotten significant value so far and good players. But I’m kind of ticked we gave Philly a high end return man and corner. 

• Like 3

Just now, Redwards said:

The idea that Cooper DeJean will lock down Terry McLaurin, who was burning pro bowl CBs left and right as a rookie, and you say like it's already happened no less, is absolutely asinine 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Redwards said:

if he's a bust did we really help them? how can you really come to any conclusion 5 minutes after a pick is made...especially before we see what we do with our picks? how many cbs have the eagles drafted or signed from FA before this? how much of a tangible difference did any of them make? they got smoked the last two years.

1 minute ago, mh86 said:

Yes.  It's underrated how important it is to have guys you can rotate to keep people fresh.  When we need that sack in the 4th quarter to stop an opponent from scoring a go ahead TD, having a fresher Allen or Payne can make a HUGE difference.

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Not sure that’s true, Red! The way some folks are posting we’re all just supposed to love every single thing Peters does because… he’s not Rivera.

I’m overall pleased with our direction. And I think we’ve gotten significant value so far and good players. But I’m kind of ticked we gave Philly a high end return man and corner. 

Let's be clear. The board was the same way with Rivera for a couple of years. And Bruce Allen. 

The whole "We have adults making decisions, so stop being negative" routine is far from new here. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1