Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2024 NFL Draft Day Thread

zCommander

Actually, I think Kool-Aid might make it to 36.  Zona desperately needs to fix their IOL as all of their guys are just stopgaps.  I can see them taking JPJ or Frazier.  Heck, maybe NE takes WR over tackle.

Maaaaaaaaan I really want new toys for Jayden but if Cooper is sitting there at 36 I think you gotta.  Unless there's secret data about him that's a negative, he's just such an impact guy and can play anywhere on the defense.  Some people view that as a negative, since he has no home position but it's actually great.  Dude can be anywhere at any time doing anything.  Total wild card that you can't plan for.

• Like 3

Just now, mhd24 said:

Actually, I think Kool-Aid might make it to 36.  Zona desperately needs to fix their IOL as all of their guys are just stopgaps.  I can see them taking JPJ or Frazier.  Heck, maybe NE takes WR over tackle.

Could be some trade-ups, though.  GB could use another top-end CB, and still have 10 more picks in this draft.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

It will be fun to see what happens on this, as I loathe both those prospects, will be interesting to see if either hit, I'd imagine if one does, it's probably Mitchell because of the tools, but the profiles are really feast and famine types. I don't get why either would go crazy high, hoping we avoided both, at least Legette's off the board. If Carolina is wrong on Leggette, they become the Redskins of the 90s and aughts, missing on all WR prospects. Terrace Marshall, miss, Jonathan Mingo Miss, and now, Leggette. Ouch (full disclosure, I really, really liked Marshall). 

Not interested in trading for Aiyuk. Would rather build with kiddos. I dont really think the Niners want to trade him either. 

The 9ers have been seriously actively trying to trade him. 

• Thumb up 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

My favorite receiver by a mile if he's still there, assuming his medicals check out is McConkey.  That's been my guy since last year.  I'd be beyond stoked but don't want to get my hopes up 😢

I like him a lot. I like Mitchell more and expected him to be gone in the first. But I would be happy with either one of them. I think I would take Dejean at 36 and see which receiver is left at 40.

8 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

When was the last time a RB didn’t go in the 1st round. 

before that, 2014 I think 

edit: yep just googled 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Lol no.  I just had always pronounced it Leg-ette and then Roger comes out I hear Leeeeeeeeeeeeee-get and it threw me for a loop.

Roger seems to be slurrying a bit tonight lol 

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, DogofWar1 said:

The problem with Aiyuk is the contract you're gonna be paying him.  Well that and the pick you give up.  Rumors were 49ers wanted a 1st which is just wayyyy too much.

Aiyuk is one of the best receivers in the NFL and he broke Jayden in at AZ St.  We have **** tons of money and no elite players to spend it on.  I think a trade for Aiyuk makes sense, but no way I'd give up next year's first.

• Like 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Possible to get some combo of Paul/DeJean between 36 and 40?

Seems feasible to walk away with deJean or Kaminsky with 36 and then Paul / Amagadjie / Suamataia / Fischer at 40 

3 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

The problem with Aiyuk is the contract you're gonna be paying him.  Well that and the pick you give up.  Rumors were 49ers wanted a 1st which is just wayyyy too much.

Maybe a 3rd this year one 3rd next year 

Edited by Redskins 2021
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Going Commando said:

I think the Patriots are going to draft Kingsley.  They had him in for visits.

Nice to see you GC.  Yeah, I want to trade up if I can to ensure we get him.  I'd offer our 36+152 for 34+186 to Zona to ensure we get Kingsley.  Zona still gets their IOL choice of either JPJ or Frazier at 36 anyways.

Just now, Going Commando said:

Aiyuk is one of the best receivers in the NFL and he broke Jayden in at AZ St.  We have **** tons of money and no elite players to spend it on.  I think a trade for Aiyuk makes sense, but no way I'd give up next year's first.

With how deep WR drafts have been since 2019 (except for last year), no one should pay a 1st for a receiver anymore unless it is one of the best 3-5 in the game

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

I don't mind the contract part since we’re rolling with a rookie QB, now is the time to pay a bit for a skill guy.