Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

2 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Yeah the lack of leaks is pretty incredible. Such a change from the previous clownshow. 

I'm still in disbelief that this is really happening. I can get used to it, though. It was always Baltimore, KC, Pitt, SF, and Philly for the most part that seemed to be shining examples.  Dare I say we might be included in this bunch within 5 years, maybe even less.  So easy to be a fan of this right now.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, RVAskins said:

There's a reason Slye is a journeyman kicker. He has a strong leg but he's not the most reliable. I held my breath every time he kicked a PAT or field goal.

Yeah not sure why anyone would be promoting the return of Slye. He was below average his entire time here.  

5 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Saints vs this team next year in NO.  Here's hoping they're give more effort than Chase 

He’s on a 1 year deal. He’ll probably ball out this year, sign a big contract for 5 year deal and then go back to being Chase. He is a business man first, after all.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

He’s on a 1 year deal. He’ll probably ball out this year, sign a big contract for 5 year deal and then go back to being Chase. He is a business man first, after all.

I don't know man, he had a short stint in a PERFECT situation in SF, and he couldn't help but show his true colors.  I don't think he can fool anyone for too long.

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

This man couldn’t ball out, let alone play with effort, in the Super Bowl on a stacked team opposite Nick Bosa. Doubt he does it for a whole season for a mid saints team.  I wouldn’t be surprised if this is the largest contract he signs in the rest of his career 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

We did well to get a 3rd round comp pick for him. it’s a sad state how it ended here and I wish him the best, I just don’t see the juice or effort that he used to have. 

Excited to see how DQ and JW diversify the pass rush this year, instead if relying on 4 talented individuals on the DL but using his LBs and S’s as well

Edited by “Misdirection”
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

So Davis has been described as a depth guy, a reclamation project, or a flat out baller.  Having a hard time understanding just what we got here. 

he's started 74 of 107 games in his career.  Not sure if that's like nickelback is a starter thing or he's one of the top two CBs on his team.  The idea he's a reclamation project is just based on he was a little off his form in 23.  He should be a starter, though again that might be top nickelback is a starter

• Like 1

That is a horrific overpay by the Saints. I honestly didn’t think he would get more than $5M/year. The worst part is that it’s a guranteed salary, no incentives. SMH.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

So Davis has been described as a depth guy, a reclamation project, or an absolute baller.  Having a hard time understanding just what we got here. 

@RWJ posted a great video from 2022. Would seem he is a starting press man corner. Not sure what happened last year, whether he is aging early, scheme change, etc. but if we play to his strengths and he operates in that role he should start for us (how well he does remains to be seen).

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Kalu44 said:

That is a horrific overpay by the Saints. I honestly didn’t think he would get more than $5M/year. The worst part is that it’s a guranteed salary, no incentives. SMH.

Exactly. 

He can just sleep on the bench during the game or on the field during the play for that matter, and they still have to give him $13 million.

• Like 2

Great job by his agent.

Chase better get a good HONEST financial advisor to invest a big chunk of that bag because it's likely going to be his last true payday.

Would hate to see him end up desperate for money, with no marketable skills, like a lot of players do when the faucet finally goes dry.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye

52 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

So Davis has been described as a depth guy, a reclamation project, or an absolute baller.  Having a hard time understanding just what we got here. 

He’s been all of those things in the past 3 years, so sounds like you understand perfectly lol

• Haha 2