Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

10 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Ha ha!!

I've been waiting several years for someone to ask me that.

You win the imaginary (don't want to get sued for false promises lol) kewpie doll.

For the uninitiated @Renegade7 is referring to the info on my profile page (screenshot below).

Screenshot_20240317_210434_Chrome.thumb.jpg.dc3101f224aba805f5694033ccadf847.jpg

A second (imaginary) kewpie doll goes to whoever can figure out what my profile really refers to, specifically the "location", "zip code", and "occupation",  WITHOUT GOOGLING IT--Gentleman's honor.

Is this a The Thing reference? Cause that's pretty cool pops.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

@CommanderInTheRye

Winters I heard not as bad in Antarctica in recent years thanks to carbon emissions, etc?    do they have real seasons now?   A balmy spring season?

Pittsburgh Penguins hockey fan now?

I thought about moving there but understand Direct TV doesn't serve it.  Got to get my fill of sports.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, markmills67 said:

I will give the Skins front office a B so far in free agency,  but I'm worried we haven't got any OT so far. I know we have Wylie but he was awful last year. I know we could take 2 OT's in the draft but 2 rookies protecting a Rookie QB is not the way I would go.

I’ll go B+ right now.

If we add a FS, plus a veteran corner, and in an ideal world for me a receiver too, from the vet market, it becomes an A 

Draft - swing trades to get studs at QB, LT, CB, being youth at core positions.

Thats an A+ offseason in terms of roster building.

I figured we would nab Hollywood. I wanted Pittman. And Evans dammit. So what's the plan at WR... I guess it will be addressed via the draft or elevating Dyami. Crowder could certainly do more if they want to bump up his workload.  I may not take crazy pills but think he was our best WR to close out the year. I dont think he can fill Sam's cleats though. I am wearying of drafting a WR even though many can be productive early in their careers. I still have PTSD from drafting WRs and they have to simmer like raw QBs for 3 years, before they are full time productive players.

Edited by RandyHolt

My biggest concern right now is offensive line. Right now we have Andrew Wylie and Braden Daniels for offensive tackles. I’m unsure if Trent Scott is on the roster - I thought he signed a one year deal. Wylie is fringe starter at best at tackle imo. Daniels was drafted because he’s an athlete and hopefully they can develop him but based on what he showed in camp last year I’m not sure this group would have spent a 7th rounder on him. 

I’m certain we’ll sign someone that eventually gets cut but the current crop of FA’s are not an upgrade to Wylie unless maybe Becton can stay healthy and Humphries isn’t gonna be ready to start the year or be 100% when he is ready to play. We all expect an early tackle to be drafted but best case we sign a quality starter and the other OT is a rookie based on what is on the roster. 

Based on Quinn and Whitt’s track record I’m am less concerned with CB because of what I believe they can get out of Forbes and BSJ and I have to believe Martin will be on the field a lot as a slot with Chinn and Forrest playing more safety plus there are still quality CB’s on the market like Howard and Gilmore. 

Next is TE. Ertz can be a quality pass catcher and Bates is a solid Y. I’m disappointed that Turner hasn’t shown more and Rodgers has some solid upside that I again hope they can maximize what they have but we need someone for the future and it kills me we didn’t get one from last year’s draft crop. 

Those are my biggest concerns right now. More future problems like linebacker depth/future as well as receiver I’m happy and confident can be filled through the draft although I would also like to see us bring in a FA or two. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Tons of cap left and tons of players available whose markets are being allowed to settle. Guys who won’t immediately move past the fact that their market isn’t what they hoped, but will eventually sign for less or for 1-year deals.

People want the clean, clear cut order of operations where we fill all holes with at least mediocre players before the draft to truly be free to go BPA, which I understand, it’s very neat and easy to conceptualize it that way—but it may be time to get used to the opposite idea; we likely have potential signings in the pipeline that will wait until after we’ve taken the best players we can in the draft. Then we see what we still need and sign those guys with the benefit of knowing how the board fell and who we landed. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, FrFan said:

It's official @CommanderInTheRye has left Alaska, see evidence below ;)

main-qimg-1a14d22ccaed392177fc9e5d34eb38

You are da man!!!

Great job, are you a movie buff too?

Yes, one of my favorite sci-fi/alien/horror films is John Carpenter's masterpiece, The Thing.

Congratulations @FrFan you win earned a priceless classic pristine original (cyber) golden haired Kewpie doll to do with as you please.

Enjoy...

image.png.3b49b6ca95dd2e11a576d9f5d0a624e1.png

XXXXXXXX

For those still puzzled who are playing at home/work the clues were right in my profile:

Pic below is from the movie.

image.thumb.png.c76d1e3e131e1c73df723918566ba304.png

MacReady, the anti-hero protagonist of the film, played effectively by Kurt Russel, is a helicopter pilot at NSI station 4 in Antarctica.

Screenshot_20240317_210434_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2279b61a85061f9aed5c5e5269037669.jpg

XXXXXX

Oh, and @Renegade7 don't think I've forgotten about you! lol

For being the first person in over 4 years inquisitive and assertive enough to both check out my profile and ask about Antarctica you receive a rare cyber kewpie doll artpiece valued at well over $1,000.

Enjoy...

Screenshot_20240318_090746_eBay.thumb.jpg.c09a9865739d07f697c2c5cf56a84247.jpg

image.png

• Haha 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Is this a The Thing reference? Cause that's pretty cool pops.

Yes, indeed it is!!

You weren't the first so I can't in good conscience give you a rare kewpie doll but how about this...

Ggimage.png.9f971371b72039a52b8e518352038bb5.png

An original classic cyber Micky Mouse Pez dispenser suitable for auction at Sotheby's, but I'm sure you'll want to display it proudly in a cyber display case at your restaurant. lol

• Haha 3

OT felt a lot like DE at the beginning of free agency in terms of not even having average starters to fill in for most of season 1 of Quinn's regime. It still feels like that, so even bargain basement swing tackles would be welcome at this point. Is Lucas still on the roster and available? I thought he was a good backup that would fit this role.

1 hour ago, Anselmheifer said:

The rest of free agency was too intentional. I have to believe that there is a solid plan at tackle and that we will add one before the draft. At least someone good enough to be a place holder. 

Oh this group is too smart not to have a plan for one of the most important positions,, But that placeholder could have been Leno, who is as good as anyone else they would sign.  That was my only issue with this offseason, why not keep an established vet who won't kill you while you find your long term answer?  He had one year left, that would have been perfect.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan

8 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Yes, indeed it is!!

You weren't the first so I can't in good conscience give you a rare kewpie doll but how about this...

Ggimage.png.9f971371b72039a52b8e518352038bb5.png

An original classic cyber Micky Mouse Pez dispenser suitable for auction at Sotheby's, but I'm sure you'll want to display it proudly in a cyber display case at your restaurant. lol

I'll treasure it always

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Darrell Green Fan said:

Oh this group is too smart not to have a plan for one of the most important positions,, But that placeholder could have been Leno, who is as good as anyone else they would sign.  That was my only issue with this offseason, why not keep an established vet who won't kill you while you find your long term answer?  

He underwent hip surgery. 

12 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Ha ha!!

I've been waiting several years for someone to ask me that.

You win the imaginary (don't want to get sued for false promises lol) kewpie doll.

For the uninitiated @Renegade7 is referring to the info on my profile page (screenshot below).

Screenshot_20240317_210434_Chrome.thumb.jpg.dc3101f224aba805f5694033ccadf847.jpg

A second (imaginary) kewpie doll goes to whoever can figure out what my profile really refers to, specifically the "location", "zip code", and "occupation",  WITHOUT GOOGLING IT--Gentleman's honor.

My guess is stationed paramedic.  Too cold for me brother. Jeebus!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

@CommanderInTheRye

Winters I heard not as bad in Antarctica in recent years thanks to carbon emissions, etc?    do they have real seasons now?   A balmy spring season?

Pittsburgh Penguins hockey fan now?

I thought about moving there but understand Direct TV doesn't serve it.  Got to get my fill of sports.

"Winters I heard not as bad in Antarctica in recent years thanks to carbon emissions, etc?"

To be honest I use to have a great place right on the water.

Wake up and play fetch with seals and Walrus's.

Spend the occasional evening trying to harpoon whales from my front porch.

Everything changed about 6 weeks ago due to the warming. I woke up and I had broken free from the continent.

Now I am hopelessly adrift on an iceberg, with little chance of rescue. I'm stuck out in the middle of nowhere with nothing to do other than read Extremeskins-- which for some reason, is the only website I can access.

I suppose there are worse fates in the multiverse.

I could be stuck reading the CowboyZone forum. 🤪

XXXXXXX

EDIT

Alright enough Antarctica and movie talk-- back to football.

Hope we have a busy week of signings!

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Est.1974 said:

I’ll go B+ right now.

If we add a FS, plus a veteran corner, and in an ideal world for me a receiver too, from the vet market, it becomes an A 

Draft - swing trades to get studs at QB, LT, CB, being youth at core positions.

Thats an A+ offseason in terms of roster building.

Forrest is fine, we don't needFS

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

You are da man!!!

Great job, are you a movie buff too?

Yes, one of my favorite sci-fi/alien/horror films is John Carpenter's masterpiece, The Thing.

Congratulations @FrFan you win earned a priceless classic pristine original (cyber) golden haired Kewpie doll to do with as you please.

Enjoy..

Actually I had the chance to meet John Carpenter at a movie festival overe here. I reached out to him with a copy of The Thing he was quite surprised and happy so he signed it.

• Like 2