Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

8 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I am a few pages back. But seriously read THIS. Quinn is a frinkin beast man. 

Guy just strikes me as a really good dude. It’s not forced.  It’s natural.  It’s who he is. People gravitate towards him because he legitimately cares about you and it shows.

Hopefully he’s a as good a coach here as he is a person.  

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

Yep. Saquon is the one I'm most concerned with. Swift's good but Barkley behind that line could be a real problem. 

*insert picture of Bobby Wagner holding Barkley in a full nelson while Luvu whales on him*

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, sebestian said:

Eagles loading up.  Darn

Just to win the division and maybe make the NFC Championship… their issue wasn’t players this past season, it was coaching and security staff on the sideline pushing other teams players… I respect the Eagles but they aren’t winning despite all these big names FA moves

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Command The 414 said:

Just to win the division and maybe make the NFC Championship… their issue wasn’t players this past season, it was coaching and security staff on the sideline pushing other teams players… I respect the Eagles but they aren’t winning despite all these big names FA moves

The thing is, the NFC is so weak at QB, it’s tough to argue they won’t get at least to the divisional round.  Assuming they don’t just collapse…

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The thing is, the NFC is so weak at QB, it’s tough to argue they won’t get at least to the divisional round.  Assuming they don’t just collapse…

They had enough talent to start 10-1 last year and then **** the bed. I’ve seen a couple things that make me think Siriani is just a giant ass who treats people like ****.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

I like this guy.........

Butthole and elbow guy! In the words of the late Bernie Mac “gonna be some furniture moving” in that weight room. Lunch pale guy for sure! 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, lovemaskins said:

Butthole and elbow guy! In the words of the late Bernie Mac “gonna be some furniture moving” in that weight room. Lunch pale guy for sure! 

Or is just me or does Allegretti bear a more than a passing resemblance to Bluto from Animal House?

animal-house-bluto.png.gif

Edited by Stoox
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1

ESPN Insider article evaluating Buffalo's acquisition of Curtis Samuel and Seattle's trade with us for Sam Howell:

ESPN NFL experts

Mar 14, 2024, 06:15 PM ET

Bills adding slot WR Curtis Samuel

The deal: Three years, up to $30 million with $15 million guaranteed

Grade: C

The Bills lost Gabe Davis to Jacksonville in free agency on a three-year, $39 million deal. They replace him with Samuel, a speedy, versatile playmaker in the passing game who gives them the underneath option they had previously lacked.

In 2023, Samuel had 62 catches for 613 yards with four touchdowns while averaging 9.9 yards per reception. It's likely he will work in the slot and four-wide receiver sets in tandem with Stefon Diggs, Khalil Shakir and recently added deep threat Mack Hollins, but the Bills also have two solid pass-catching tight ends in Dawson Knox and 2023 first-rounder Dalton Kincaid. Samuel's skill set is unique to what Buffalo has on its roster, and offensive coordinator Joe Brady might be putting his stamp on the roster by asking for a gadget-type offensive threat. Still, this fit on paper seems crowded at $8 million per year.

The Bills' seasons have ended prematurely since 2020 in large part because the offense was too often one-dimensional. If Samuel can give a boost in the postseason with his skills in making defenders miss, he'll be a worthwhile addition. If he can replace Davis' 45 catches, 746 yards and seven scores from last season at a discounted price to what Davis got on the market, it could turn out as a win. Getting Samuel to seven touchdowns would be a career best, though.

Buffalo needed to shake things up offensively and find a more reliable WR2 than Davis. Hollins is a depth player and a core special teamer. Shakir is an ascending talent but is far from proven. Samuel gives the Bills a proven player with 317 career receptions and 22 touchdowns since he was drafted in the second round in 2017. Still just 27 years old, he has a window of production that will hopefully boost the creativity and explosiveness of this offense. But will he really live up to the cost? -- Matt Miller

Commanders send QB Sam Howell to Seahawks

Commanders get: 2024 third-round pick and 2024 fifth-round pick

Seahawks get: Howell, 2024 fourth-round pick, 2024 sixth-round pick

Commanders' grade: B

Seahawks' grade: B+

The Seahawks started the day with only Geno Smith under contract at quarterback. Now the Seahawks have a potential challenger to Smith as their starting QB.

A fifth-rounder in the 2022 draft, Howell played 17 games for the Commanders last season. In an odd twist, he netted one draft asset (No. 78 overall) that is higher than his original draft slot (No. 144).

After a red-hot start, Howell faded down the stretch before being benched for Jacoby Brissett, only to return to action after an injury to the veteran.

Howell ended the season with 21 touchdown passes to 21 interceptions, was sacked 65 times and completed 63.4% of his passes for a QBR of 42.4 -- No. 24 in the league. An offense marred by poor offensive line play and Howell's inexperience ultimately led to a complete regime change in Washington.

Now he's in Seattle, where new offensive coordinator Ryan Grubb may be looking to spice up the offense.

Smith, returning for his third season as Seattle's starter, was No. 23 in the league in air yards per attempt at 7.0 yards. Grubb, who comes to the Seahawks from the University of Washington, loves the deep ball. Interestingly enough, Howell's QBR of 98.2 on outside deep routes was fourth best in the league. Fun fact: Smith had the NFL's worst QBR in the same situations (2.6).

If Grubb plans to bring his three-wide, vertical offense from Washington to the Seahawks, Howell's deep ball touch and power are actually good fits.

For Washington, all signs should now firmly point to selecting a quarterback at No. 2 overall if they didn't already.

The Commanders signed veteran Marcus Mariota and have Jake Fromm on the roster. With the second overall pick in a draft that could potentially have four quarterbacks selected in the top 10, GM Adam Peters can go get his quarterback. And he now has some extra draft capital to build a team around that signal-caller, as this trade gives Washington six of the top 100 picks.

And maybe, just maybe, that's enough draft capital to entice Chicago to switch places so the Commanders can pick hometown quarterback Caleb Williams at No. 1 overall? -- Miller

Edited by CommanderInTheRye

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

OK. I am caught up. And basically, Sam got traded, quinn did some things that most HC's never do and Petersssss @KDawg is still a beast. Goodnight ya'll.

I just caught up, too.

I'm sad about our Sam=oficial Lamb and I want nothing but success for him and Samuels and I'm grateful for the picks.

We 6 picks in the top 102 and I'm sure you've seen my posts in the draft thread about wanting more picks between 60-120. That should be a bunch of starters and the pic to move around at will.

Dak is under investigation for sexual assult and Jerry is sending handwritten letters with sucked on caramel candies to free agents and has had to turn off their mesage board because fans are revolting.

While we've been having the best three days of free agency in 30 years, we also managed to get a huge win over the Cowboys. 

I feel like Willy Wonka bought our team. It's an absolute miracle happening right in front of our eyes.

We're thee team in the NFL now. 

Edited by Koolblue13
  • Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Just now, SkinsFanRob said:

Allen to the bears for a 4th?!

IMG_6783.jpeg

Allows them to just draft CW and not sweat missing out on MHJ. Still got 9 to grab another WR

• Like 1