Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

Remember how upset Allen was at the end of last season? I would like to know what Allen thinks of the defense now?  The media should get a quick quote from him to see if

he is re-energized to play this season with all his new teammates.

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, CTskin said:

I said it yesterday but what the **** is wrong with cowboys fans. There’s a salary cap and they were up against it going into FA… pretty simple math.

They are pissed because they could have either resigned Dak or did some restructures to try to keep some of their guys. I get it. I would be pissed too. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

46 minutes ago, NOLA2DC said:

If I recall correctly, we used to always win (in our minds) the FA offseason in the early Synder days. I'm not trying to dull the excitement, but it's about how we perform during the season.  

It’s always about how it actually plays out on the field, that goes without saying.

But this is nothing like a Snyder-era FA period. Tons of signings, sure. Some of them are older “names”, sure. But the contracts are short and low risk, and the scheme fit is good. Exact opposite of Snyder’s two main types of offseasons: a) overpaying (in $$ and contract length) players who don’t fit, or b) only signing cheap boring scrubs. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

Based on how well this free agent period has gone (on paper at least), are you more willing to give up the draft capital (current and future) to move up to #1 for Caleb. Has this moved your needle at all?

1739755A-2B77-4583-8F55-C8242262650B.jpeg

Edited by NYSkins21
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb down 2
  • Thumb up 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Blew out his ACL in the last game of last season. Won’t be ready to start the season and might not be able to play at all this year. I assume there is some kind of an injury settlement.

Also owed 22mil

Just now, NYSkins21 said:

Based on how well this free agent period has gone (on paper at least), are you more willing to give up the draft capital (current and future) to move up to #1 for Caleb. Has this moved your needle at all?

Maybe. I was a hard no a few weeks ago...

• Like 3

Just now, NYSkins21 said:

No.

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Conn said:

It’s always about how it actually plays out on the field, that goes without saying.

But this is nothing like a Snyder-era FA period. Tons of signings, sure. Some of them are older “names”, sure. But the contracts are short and low risk, and the scheme fit is good. Exact opposite of Snyder’s two main types of offseasons: a) overpaying (in $$ and contract length) players who don’t fit, or b) only signing cheap boring scrubs. 

Exactly. Early on, it felt like Snyder was playing fantasy football with a real roster, and this is nothing like that.

Peters has a strategy and is getting value. This isn't extravagant like what the Texans and Eagles are doing. We're just so used to nothing at all in FA that it looks like a big thing.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

Smith is HOF great, but that injury history with his age scares the crap out of me. I hope they're giving Josh Jones a long hard look.

Smith has played the equivalent of less than 2 seasons over the last 4 years combined, and he's missed at least a quarter (approx.) of each season for the last 8 years.

Yeah, but he he was a second team all pro last year on his contract year. Sign him to a one-year deal… He WILL be on the field if it all possible and he will play hard when he’s out there. Those contract years have magical healing powers. It’s crazy what a guy can do when there’s a **** load of money at stake.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

I know you can do it with any player, but the fact of the matter is that it helps extend the window of these teams that have superstar QBs. It really doesn’t help anyone else. Nobody is going to push any players money deep into voided years if said team doesn’t have a great young qb. Once these QBs get paid the big bucks it should be harder to put the talent around them, that is what a salary cap is for. What’s the point of having a hard cap if you aren’t held to that cap.

How would it help a team that doesn’t have a superstar qb that’s under the age of let’s say 32? It won’t. What it does do is lower the level of parody, that this league is supposedly designed for above all others. 

If it was so beneficial for all teams and not just the ones with great QBs that need the extra cap space, the other teams would’ve been doing it. It’s a copycat league. That and the other FOs are not just a bunch of idiots that don’t know the ins and outs of what they can and can’t do, cap wise to help the team, other than a Ron Rivera FO.

Saints have been doing it for years without a good young QB, and they’re suffering for it now. Eagles will suffer as well, when the bill comes due.

They are being held to the cap, within the rules, they’re just choosing to pay the price later. A choice every single team has. This seems more like an issue of you not understanding what they’re doing and how they’re doing it, and seeing it as a “loophole”. It’s not at all just teams with stud franchise QB’s doing it. It’s just another tool. Like every single other tool an NFL GM has, it’s more effective when you have a franchise QB, sure. Again, that’s always been the advantage that acts as a force-multiplier for every other thing a team can do. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NYSkins21 said:

Nope, we need all the picks still. A lot of these deals are one year deals.  Need all the young talent in the building we can get. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, NYSkins21 said:

No. If anything, the strategy of getting a ton of vets on one-year deals makes it even more imperative to have a lot of draft picks over the next several years.

If Peters thinks that Caleb is the only franchise QB in the draft, that makes it different, of course.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, NYSkins21 said:

Could happen, but I think it signals the opposite... Trade down for JJ. 😎

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 2

Just now, lavar1156 said:

I still hope we re-sign Curl, even if it's only one year. I think he could thrive under legit coaching.

Who doesn’t see the field if he comes back? Chinn, Luvu, Davis, Wagner? I don’t believe Curl helps at FS.

1 minute ago, NYSkins21 said:

I was willing before this, and I’m still hoping it does, I still feel we have a chance to get him. We will need a tackle signed in FA though because if we do somehow trade up to get him, we won’t have the ammunition to trade back into the first for a starting left tackle.

i still think we land Caleb, the prodigal son returns story is just to good for the NFL to pass up, and I think he will be really marketable and someone younger generations of fans will really get behind. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, NYSkins21 said:

Wish we could but no new head coaches

They won’t do this, but they could technically volunteer. The rule you’re referring to applies to the teams that can be forced to do Hard Knocks. They always try to find a volunteer first (and in recent years haven’t gotten one)

12 minutes ago, CTskin said:

I said it yesterday but what the **** is wrong with cowboys fans. There’s a salary cap and they were up against it going into FA… pretty simple math.

Because cowboy fans are comprised mostly of simple & casual ass fans who know **** about football. And I let them know whenever they talk **** to me about the Redskins........

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NYSkins21 said:

Yes I am. I would go all in now for Caleb. Even if it costs us next years first. We are going to have tons of cap space again next year to plug holes. Then we are set for the 2026 season going forward. Right when Caleb should be adjusted and hitting his stride. He is THAT MUCH better than the other two IMO. 

• Like 2