Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd, Ahmed

CapsSkins

3 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

They’ve now put 3 players intimately familiar with Quinn and somewhat familiar with Whitt into the D-line room and the linebacker room. Wonder if they’ll get a db too, lol. That being said, they’re putting smart well educated players into the classrooms. Wagner is a leader on and off the field. Great signing.

We have so many leaders on this team to add with McLaurin and Jon Allen. Coaches up and down the roster, on and off the field!

”Culture” CHANGED!!!

• Like 3

Just now, NYSkins21 said:

We have so many leaders on this team to add with McLaurin and Jon Allen. Coaches up and down the roster, on and off the field!

”Culture” CHANGED!!!

Common theme with a lot of these signings is "building blocks" for the future 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think what’s important is the culture change is going to be evident on the field. None of this off field culture change. We want to see it play out on Sunday and we will finally get that!  Defense has been recalibrated!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Re-signed Jameson Crowder 

Got our returner back. HUGE imo. Plus the guy is capable at WR in spot duty. The rookie QB is not going to be walking into a normal situation a #2 pick normally does. The number of high character good culture guys on this roster is insane now. Find me one serviceable LT and lets head on to the draft. 

• Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

This is what ALL of these signings on defense are about. Poor play and stupid mistakes will no longer be tolerated. I like the Wagner signing. But not really understanding where the rest of the tweeners we signed fit now. I thought Luvu was going to be the Mike. And he wore the green dot last season. Just need to understand the plan here?

It’s looking to me like the plan is to be able to bring pressure from anywhere at anytime, I’m glad Luvu will be able to move around more with the Wagner signing, dude is a recking ball. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The coach on the field to me is the operative point.  We aren't used to the concept.  Last time we had that in a big way was London Fletcher.

I've talked about this for years on and off.  But I recall going to a Giants-Redskkins game in NY and was basically just watching London on defense and it was blast to see him shift teammates around presnap, study the QB, and talk to teammates presnap -- I recall among other things he kept shfting the positon of the SS, which Doughtly in that game.

I recall Straham for example attribute his best seasons to Antonio Pierce because of how he would telegraph to him what's coming.

They made mention of this on NFLN that you have to have that leader on both offense and defense.  They pointed specifically to Wagner and our new center Badass (can't spell his name)

Just now, Birdlives said:

Got no problems bringing Crowder back. Keep that punt return solid if not spectacular. I doubt he sees snaps at WR unless we’re injured.

He actually wasn’t half bad as a WR last year

• Like 2

I cannot believe we locked down Wagner.  Given the task at hand for Peters, having to overhaul a majorly talent deficient team - he appears to be turning 💩 to ice cream.  We need help in the secondary, one way or the other.  But I expect a massive turnaround on defense immediately, which is ideal for a young QB.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

50 minutes ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

This is great and all, but wasn't he kind of doodoo in pass coverage? Still like the signing for a year.

He is certainly someone teams target in coverage. But then so is just about every backer in the league. It will be interesting to see how his snap % goes - I can see him being on the field in base and short yardage/goal line but not so much in nickel. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

I thought Wagner was a step slow especially towards the end of the season. Not opposed to it at 6 million.

Yeah he was only a second team all pro for the third straight year after being a first team all pro 6 times so yes a little slower but still better than anything we've had here for the last 4 years by a margin that is almost immeasurable. 

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

11 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

On NFLN they said Tyron Smith has several offers in and mulling them over

Id be surprised if he doesn’t land here . We have the most attractive situation ( which is obvious ) and familiar with some of the staff .

You guys ready for us to Get Bosa once he’s released lol 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Still need to strengthen the interior of the DL, but Wagner is a great addition.  We need his leadership.

****, from what I heard this draft is supposed super deep draft for DT.....who we got for depth at DT? Philadarian Mathis, Ridgeway, Abdullah Anderson.....they can definitely be upgraded. Wouldnt drafting one of those DTs with a 3rd round pick, if there's a beast sitting there.......