Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

Just now, sinews said:

I know we signed Ertz but I'm still concerned about TE, it's been an area of weakness for a couple of years. Here's hoping that GMAP has his eyes on a good prospect and/or finds a hidden gem in the draft.

That said, very much looking forward to watching Peters go to work this draft, his first calling all the shots. Gotta expect TE at some point and possibly a late round project QB.

My gut feeling is he's done in the free agency phase for TE.  I imagine he'll get one more before the draft is over. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

The point wasn't to use FA to go for big swing blue chip elite players. Guys like that aren't really available in FA anyway. The goal was to fill out the roster so we can at least be competitive, and especially to find some vets on the offense that can support a rookie QB.

We're gonna build the core of our team, the real blue chip cornerstones, via the draft.

Listening to Hoffman and he said it perfect.   "Ät this point Peters is not trying to raise the ceiling hes trying to raise the floor.  The ceiling will be raised through the draft."  Which is the way we should look at it.  Im thinking depending on the QB play and how well the FA's play were looking at 6-8 wins.  the moves def raise the floor 2 wins.  

Also i think that Quinn/Whitt are gonna scheme a sum of the parts defense for now vs focusing on certain players like he did Parsons.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, boston skins fan said:

Listening to Hoffman and he said it perfect.   "Ät this point Peters is not trying to raise the ceiling hes trying to raise the floor.  The ceiling will be raised through the draft."  Which is the way we should look at it.  Im thinking depending on the QB play and how well the FA's play were looking at 6-8 wins.  the moves def raise the floor 2 wins.  

Also i think that Quinn/Whitt are gonna scheme a sum of the parts defense for now vs focusing on certain players like he did Parsons.

We were cellar dwellers so long.  It's nice to see daylight.

• Thumb up 1

Chargers' Anthony Lynn on Mike Williams: 'Reminds me of Terrell Owens'

It takes a lot to be compared to one of the greatest, and there is some truth to Lynn’s comments from a physical standpoint. Williams possesses similar measurables to Owens, which include prototypical size and speed for the position. This is why he was the No. 7 overall selection in the 2017 NFL Draft – to be a big-bodied deep-threat for quarterback Philip Rivers.

https://chargerswire.usatoday.com/2018/08/21/chargers-anthony-lynn-on-mike-williams-reminds-me-of-terrell-owens/

7 minutes ago, sinews said:

I know we signed Ertz but I'm still concerned about TE, it's been an area of weakness for a couple of years. Here's hoping that GMAP has his eyes on a good prospect and/or finds a hidden gem in the draft.

That said, very much looking forward to watching Peters go to work this draft, his first calling all the shots. Gotta expect TE at some point and possibly a late round project QB.

Honestly, if he's available in the 2nd round, (if we sign a FA Tackle), I hope we take the 2nd best TE Ja'tavion Sanders (Texas) 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CommDownMan said:

We were cellar dwellers so long.  It's nice to see daylight.

I think like the 6ers when harris bought them this team is going through the process and we need to trust it.  Luckily He bought the team at the perfect time with the cap space and draft capital.  We are basically in the middle of the 6ers "process".  we might be playoff contenders in 2 yrs but its gonna be 3-4 to truly build the roster to a consistant dangerous super bowl contender.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

12 minutes ago, sinews said:

Would you take LT back on the team friendly side? I would.

1 minute ago, boston skins fan said:

I think like the 6ers when harris bought them this team is going through the process and we need to trust it.  Luckily He bought the team at the perfect time with the cap space and draft capital.  We are basically in the middle of the 6ers "process".  we might be playoff contenders in 2 yrs but its gonna be 3-4 to truly build the roster to a consistant dangerous super bowl contender.

If we can get good, steady QB play and have a running game we can be contenders this year. No doubt.

9 minutes ago, skeenzfan said:

Tastes AWESOME to YOU. It is not a universal fact. 

Fun fact. The blood red rare steaks many americans crave? That red ain't blood.

I'll spare the facts about american beef being irradiated for the next lull in our tampering period.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, method man said:

After MHJ and Odunze, there aren't any big X receiver prospects outside of Coleman (who has separation concerns) and Legette (who is 6-1 and raw)

Was going to post the same. There are a lot of good receivers in this draft. But not a lot of big bodied ones. 

5 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

I feel like there should be a rule that once a QB wins 2 SBs they cannot ever restructure a contract to help the cap.

Let someone else win you jerk.

My assumption would be a long term deal for Snead 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Honestly, if he's available in the 2nd round, (if we sign a FA Tackle), I hope we take the 2nd best TE Ja'tavion Sanders (Texas) 

When you think about it, going by probable starter material in the draft being the first 3 rounds. Not considering possible trades etc. we could easily have 5 starters from this draft class. QB, T, and then BPA at G, Corner, WR, TE.      FA  has really opened this draft up for us.

4 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

It's a meme. A joke.

I get that

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

I love me some ketchup. I even put it on eggs. Even though some people say that that is gross. I make scrambled egg sandwiches with toast. And put ketchup and pepper on it. Yummmm.

That's an underrated combination. I suppose that's why I also like huevos rancheros so much.

• Thanks 1