Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

22 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I’d say Moore, although he’s older. Biadasz is way less consistent. Depends if age factors into the decision making process IMO

Pro bowl player 2022 and can get started on him now as he was cut. Would fill one big need maybe he fits the budget? Plus he is not a cowboy!

Edited by skinsfan66
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, seantaylor=god said:

Who is better Biadasz (DQ familiar) or Mitch Morse (Bobby Johnson coached)?

Morse is probably a better player right now. But Biadasz is younger. And he is probably cheaper as well.

3 hours ago, DWinzit said:

Interesting. Quite a few over 30 players on that list which surprises me, Means lots of one year deals. Numerous exNiners and Cowboys...no surprise.

I was hoping Reaves would be resigned but haven't heard anything on him. Some of those guys are more teamers. 

Do any of these guys have returner skills? I expect us to bring in a good returner whether FA or draft

From the verbal list of John Keim, I can really see:  Tyler Biadasz, Dorance Armstrong, Dante Fowler, Jayron Kearse, Oren Burks & Azeez Al-Shaair.

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Morse is probably a better player right now. But Biadasz is younger. And he is probably cheaper as well.

I don't think cheaper but I hope that he has leader potential like Morse as Morse was Captain on O for the Bills.  Hopefully, he is wise and has learned to read the Ds like Morse.  

14 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

Pro bowl player 2022 and can get started on him now as he was cut. Would fill one big need maybe he fits the budget? Plus he is not a cowboy!

I agree, SF66 but Biadasz is younder and we can sign him to a longer term contract and he's dependable.  

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Samuel, 27, knows how to create explosive plays, averaging 10.7 yards per catch in his career

I like Samuels - he's a good player but we need to get younger and bigger at that #3 WR spot. But that makes me laugh. Since when is 10 yards a catch 'explosive'??

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I guess I got to catch up with this this morning

Biadasz and Jordan Lewis were draft favorites for me.  Biadasz is a long term starter here, Lewis is a rotation corner.  I also liked Clelin Ferrell.  The Raiders committed a crazy ass reach on him and got him labeled a bust, but he's actually become a solid rotation edge who had 8 AV last year.  You can get 450-500 good snaps from him.  He's better than Fowler and Armstrong IMO, but I'm guessing Quinn will prefer the ones he has already coached.

Conley and Burks are professional special teamers.  I don't really see a reason not to sign guys like them.

Of that list of names, Biadasz is the one I like the best.  I'd be pretty happy with bringing in him and Ferrell, and it'd be nice to get Armstrong too.  Biadasz would be a nice cornerstone signing for the OL rebuild, and if we can get a good LG either in FA or the draft, I'd start feeling good about the middle of our line.  We need a vet center to start in front of Drake Maye and help with the protections.  Biadasz is an A gap road grader too, with strong second level blocking ability.  And he's been durable--a key trait for centers as we have come to learn.

Our edge depth chart is a code red situation, and corner is pretty bad too when Fuller walks.  I think you can rebuild edge enough to be solid by signing Ferrell and Armstrong and drafting someone like D Robinson, Austin Booker, Bralen Trice, or Jonah Elliss.  I'd feel a lot better about our depth chart if we had Trice, Armstrong, Henry, and Ferrell on it.

Corner is not going to be an easy fix.  I think we're sitting outside the main run on corner in the first round, but if someone impressive drops to 36, that'd be big for us.  We're going to need Forbes and Juice to get way better this year.  We also desperately need an air traffic controller in the secondary, and I don't think that guy is on the roster today.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Biadasz and Jordan Lewis were draft favorites for me.  Biadasz is a long term starter here, Lewis is a rotation corner.  I also liked Clelin Ferrell.  The Raiders committed a crazy ass reach on him and got him labeled a bust, but he's actually become a solid rotation edge who had 8 AV last year.  You can get 450-500 good snaps from him.  He's better than Fowler and Armstrong IMO, but I'm guessing Quinn will prefer the ones he has already coached.

Conley and Burks are professional special teamers.  I don't really see a reason not to sign guys like them.

Of that list of names, Biadasz is the one I like the best.  I'd be pretty happy with bringing in him and Ferrell, and it'd be nice to get Armstrong too.  Biadasz would be a nice cornerstone signing for the OL rebuild, and if we can get a good LG either in FA or the draft, I'd start feeling good about the middle of our line.  We need a vet center to start in front of Drake Maye and help with the protections.  Biadasz is an A gap road grader too, with strong second level blocking ability.  And he's been durable--a key trait for centers as we have come to learn.

Our edge depth chart is a code red situation, and corner is pretty bad too when Fuller walks.  I think you can rebuild edge enough to be solid by signing Ferrell and Armstrong and drafting someone like D Robinson, Austin Booker, Bralen Trice, or Jonah Elliss.  I'd feel a lot better about our depth chart if we had Trice, Armstrong, Henry, and Ferrell on it.

Corner is not going to be an easy fix.  I think we're sitting outside the main run on corner in the first round, but if someone impressive drops to 36, that'd be big for us.  We're going to need Forbes and Juice to get way better this year.  We also desperately need an air traffic controller in the secondary, and I don't think that guy is on the roster today.

No mention of Kearse to replace Curl if they replace him unless he drops his price. 

Edited by RWJ

23 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

We also desperately need an air traffic controller in the secondary, and I don't think that guy is on the roster today.

Should we be in on Justin Simmons? GMAP drafted him in Denver and he’s a stud. I hope we have one big $ signing like him or Hunter.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

ProFootballTalk is reporting Russell Wilson is meeting with the NY Giants today.

Quick meeting on his way to a longer visit with the Steelers.

• Like 1

Giants would be a sneaky good fit because he can take less money (still paid by Denver) and Giants are stuck with Daniel Jones contract. Giants aren’t a bad roster either.

Pittsburgh would be a better football fit though, IMO. Not sure if his wife and Russ want to live in Pittsburgh, though.

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, seantaylor=god said:

Pittsburgh would be a better football fit though, IMO. Not sure if his wife and Russ want to live in Pittsburgh, though.

Thats a good call actually. If it comes to a choice his wife is going to want NY WAY more than Pittsburgh. It does sound like though it was just a quick 'check in' type meeting with NY. The Steelers seem to have much stronger interest and a roster that could compete. The Giants meanwhile are something of a mess (and have a horrible O'line).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bowhunter said:

Any others in that fair game now situation worth looking at?

Hmm I'm not sure. Jonnu Smith might have been a good option. Of course it's too late now for him and we picked Ertz instead. 

29 minutes ago, seantaylor=god said:

Should we be in on Justin Simmons? GMAP drafted him in Denver and he’s a stud. I hope we have one big $ signing like him or Hunter.

Our new DC definitely wants aggression and turnovers. Justin does have 30 ints and 5 forced fumbles in his career.  He's gonna cost a looooooot of money though.

I’m anxious about FA because of the amount of people pointing out that the second round would be a great spot for edge, safety and corner possibly. And I don’t disagree at all. They’re right.

But here’s the issue: that once again pushes linebacker and offensive line to “hopefully we can get a steal” territory. 

I hope we clear some of this up heading into the draft.

And what I mean by that is that we sign meaningful players in all of those places and we draft the best football players we can… rather than reaching for need anywhere.

• Like 16

14 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I’m anxious about FA because of the amount of people pointing out that the second round would be a great spot for edge, safety and corner possibly. And I don’t disagree at all. They’re right.

And what I mean by that is that we sign meaningful players in all of those places and we draft the best football players we can… rather than reaching for need anywhere.

I'm right there with you on that. If it is obvious that we have to have a starting quality  OT at 36, then other T needy teams may  move up and leave us wishing. Draft day is unpredictable and unless you have pick #1 you best not put all of your eggs into one hopeful basket

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

But here’s the issue: that once again pushes linebacker and offensive line to “hopefully we can get a steal” territory. 

I hope we clear some of this up heading into the draft.

Amen.  The good news is that we’ll be very active in FA.  Might not be a bunch of studs, but we’ll land starting caliber players at most spots IMO.  And FA lines up pretty well for several of our needs - ILB, DE, S, C and there are some decent G options.  I think picks 2.4 to 3.2 are going to be really interesting, because 1) to your point, those defensive positions could fall favorably to the 2nd rounders, and perhaps guard and ILB to the early 3rd.  The question becomes where does OT come in, and what about wr, TE, and a 3rd down back?

My hunch, as of now, is we sign a 2 OTs* (one as a swing tackle), a G, a C, a corner or two, a safety, an ILB and 2 DEs, most of them decent starter level talent.  Probably a cheaper wr (ala Crowder/Pringle), a STer, and maybe a back.  Frees us up to either draft OT at 2.4 or trade back if our favorite OTs are gone, hit OT and wr in round 2, and then some combo of ILB/TE/corner/DE/G/RB in rds 3-5.

*Unless we sign a FA OT that can play on both sides, then maybe we just sign 1?  This is the one position I have trouble seeing us address at least adequately, through no fault of the FO.

Tangent off that - as lacking as the roster is, the good news is that we have 1) young rbs, corners, safeties and DEs that have gotten some pretty serious experience (Dotson too), 2) a FO that will surround them with talent/experience and veteran leadership, and 3) quality coaches that can hopefully up their game.  

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

39 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Steelers among others have C as a priority. I would think we would be wanting to look at Cushenberry, James and Morse. I like all of these guys over Biadasz.  I too admit I wanted us to draft him, he was a a great value selection for Dallas.