Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

3 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Just makes the drafting of forbes and passing on gonzales that much more disgusting.

Four games of Gonzalez was better than 15 games or whatever we got from Forbes. And then imagine Gonzalez in this system.....

My god Rivera was somehow worse than Cerrato/Allen. At least those guys hit on 1st rounders typically.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Yeah. Part of the problem with coach turnover is even if the players are good (which we don’t know if Forbes even is) they may not be scheme fits. 

I think DQ would have probably preferred Gonzalez and maybe Porter jr over him.

Oh well. Hopefully this won’t be an issue for us moving forward if we can keep DQ and GMAP together long term and have success.

24 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I agree on the FS try out. 

We need to draft a CB.

I cant imagine Forbes as a safety where he will be called on to make open field tackles on guys running down hill.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah Forbes is useless in press but could be useful in off man. I dont think our scheme is set in stone though. Feel like we actually have flexible coaches now.

I thought about Forbes at FS. He isnt really built for it. But he can play with range and even at his size he is a willing tackler. I think he might play well in deep space. Just a thought. 

38 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I thought about Forbes at FS. He isnt really built for it. But he can play with range and even at his size he is a willing tackler. I think he might play well in deep space. Just a thought. 

I wouldn't want Forbes having to be the last guy trying to tackle a 250lb TE after the catch or a 215lb running back in stride in space.

He's a corner - he needs to earn his playing time there or be shipped out. He does have talent, if the coaching staff can get him in positions to make plays he can help us.

• Like 6

Just a heads up that it's that time of year again fro the ES Mock Draft. We draft for all 32 teams in the order of the real draft. No real purpose other than to test your skill at drafing. This will be my 9th year and we have fun every time! 

We have a few teams that need GMs. If you have any desire to try your hand at being GM of a team, let @COWBOY-KILLA- (the comissioner) or myself know, either IM us or post in the Mock Draft thread pinned in the Stadium. We have at least 2 teams in need of GM. There is room for more as several of us are manageing several teams. 

Picks and rounds are timed to allow for overseas GMs. It will take about 2 weeks to finish. Trades are Ok but only draft picks no players.

We start Friday! Hope to see you! 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Just makes the drafting of forbes and passing on gonzales that much more disgusting.

Gonzalez is a good buy injuries will always be a problem. It was good to pass on Gonzalez.They passed because he failed his physical and he got hurt just like they thought. They should have taken Joey Porter JR.

Edited by Redskins 2021
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Gonzalez is a good buy injuries will always be a problem. It was good to pass on Gonzalez.They passed because he failed his physical and he got hurt just like they thought. They should have taken Joey Porter JR.

To use the word always is crazy inaccurate. But to your point yeah we could of taken anybody besides the feather

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

One, if not the worst talent evaluation displays by a NFL GM/coach.  

Edited by sebestian
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Coming from PFF, that says something! :)  

37 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Clowney to Carolina. 2 years 20. They are paying a premium for players to go there. 

Makes me wonder if players are using Carolina as a big payday while they can.  

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, RWJ said:

Coming from PFF, that says something! :)  

Makes me wonder if players are using Carolina as a big payday while they can.  

let’s wait and see what the actual terms are. If I’m not mistaken, it was Chase to NO for 13 milly; what? Oh? more like 3 plus incentives or whatever it was.

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Ekeler definitely comes off as a leader type

I'm gonna borrow that speech to give to my girlfriend when she finds out about all my side chicks.

• Haha 5

20 hours ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

So Michael Davis's contract numbers came in, he's right now just barely our highest paid corner at $3.6 million. Forbes is at $3.5 million and St Juste is at $3.4 million. That's more money for Davis than I thought it'd be.

He’s definitely been brought in to start IMO. Wouldn’t surprise me if we draft a rookie to start across from him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1