Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

We are also at the point of free agency where I wouldn’t expect us to chip away much more at our cap situation. Almost no chance even with draft capital allotment that we find ourselves south of $25-30m in cap space heading into training camp. Anyone added now likely is back of the roster type signings which one effect our Top 51 cap space. 

• Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

*Effective Cap Space for 2024 = our Top 51 draft pool. Same applies to 2025 - that's our projected 2024 draft pool counting in 2025, FYI.

Also interesting to see two teams in "cap hell" this year - the Chargers and Cowboys, both with $$ next year to spend. I guess they opted to take their lumps this year as a bit of a re-set, although the Chargers went from -$16m to $38m in cap space by moving Allen and cutting Williams. Now they've got $38m in cap space, interesting to see them shed well more than they needed to. Also well-positioned next year.

2024 Cap Update:

image.png.039bb58f0e0098f71c14997156a1d99c.png

2025 Cap Update:

image.png.30691fec06e37241319437cfa4a92a26.png

Well, I guess the Patriots are in real good shape. They'll be rolling over $30m or so into 2025 where they'll probably have $140m of cap space after this year's draft pool is added. I don't see how they'll possibly spend that down in any way between now and next year. Not like there's any $30m a year guys to add. Holy smokes.

And Detroit. Probably going to roll $10-15m into $110m next year for $125m in cap space. Again, they've got some guys they can/will likely extend to lower that number, but considering how good they already are, that's insane.

Still, we're very well positioned long-term.

don't let those cowboys cap number fool ya!  they still have to pay cee dee and micah!  those void years for lawrence and dak are hurting them.  they're gonna have to pay them if they keep them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

We are at that stage of free agency where things are more boring than my love life. In other words, its about as riveting as watching grass grow.

You’re being a bit harsh on Free Agency. The action might be uninspiring but at least holes are still being filled.

• Like 1
  • Haha 16
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

On 3/19/2024 at 6:20 PM, Stoox said:

Think they are going to start the season with Corn Lucas at LT while grooming a 2nd round tackle like Patrick Paul - Lucas plays better over on the left side anyway.

Andrew Wylie is on the right side until further notice, given his contract - likely until next offseason. They may be thinking he can have a better year in a new blocking system and with better coaching (who was the OLine coach again last year? Wharton?)

I would still like to see them sign Josh Jones, who can play both sides, and let everyone fight it out in camp. Also, injuries happen....

I saw Corn Lucas and went to Corn Elder! Damn we are due a break 

15 hours ago, DWinzit said:

Bet Peters listens to all offers...

Successful franchises do 

7 hours ago, Commander Adama said:

Please let KB see this. That bad man, would trade Scary Terry for only a 2nd!! 😭

I would in a heartbeat. Nobody is going to offer that to an almost 30yo WR with the 5th highest contract, but barely cracks 1,000 yards.

I don't want to trade him. I didn't want to trade Sweat, but that pick was too good.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I would in a heartbeat. Nobody is going to offer that to an almost 30yo WR with the 5th highest contract, but barely cracks 1,000 yards.

I don't want to trade him. I didn't want to trade Sweat, but that pick was too good.

AEYf7TdchFLOw.webp

• Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I mean, in fairness, Terry has put up good numbers with:

(takes deep breath)

Case Keenum

Colt McCoy

Dwayne Haskins

Kyle Allen

1 leg Alex Smith

Taylor Heinicke

Carson Wentz

Sam Howell

** I’m not sure if he caught a pass from Fitzpatrick in his 16 plays or not. 

** I can never remember the Covid QB who started the Dallas game in 2021.  Him too.  

He also played in offenses coordinated by idiot Jay Gruden, doesn’t understand the forward pass concept Old Man Callahan, bozo Scott Turner and dummy Eric Bienemy.  

The fact he got more than 10 yards a season should rank him in the Randy Moss stratosphere of WRs.

Imagine what he could do with a competent OC and good QB play?

Mahomes would turn him into a 1500 yard receiver.  

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

6 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

We are also at the point of free agency where I wouldn’t expect us to chip away much more at our cap situation. Almost no chance even with draft capital allotment that we find ourselves south of $25-30m in cap space heading into training camp. Anyone added now likely is back of the roster type signings which one effect our Top 51 cap space. 

I expect one, maybe two, moves still to come.

If we retains both Terry Mc and Jon Allen, I could also see potential contract extensions offered.

8 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I mean, in fairness, Terry has put up good numbers with:

(takes deep breath)

Case Keenum

Colt McCoy

Dwayne Haskins

Kyle Allen

1 leg Alex Smith

Taylor Heinicke

Carson Wentz

Sam Howell

** I’m not sure if he caught a pass from Fitzpatrick in his 16 plays or not. 

** I can never remember the Covid QB who started the Dallas game in 2021.  Him too.  

He also played in offenses coordinated by idiot Jay Gruden, doesn’t understand the forward pass concept Old Man Callahan, bozo Scott Turner and dummy Eric Bienemy.  

The fact he got more than 10 yards a season should rank him in the Randy Moss stratosphere of WRs.

Imagine what he could do with a competent OC and good QB play?

Mahomes would turn him into a 1500 yard receiver.  

I agree our offense was a disaster last year. Your boy EB was a pass happy imbecile. 

Although, Howell threw more than any other QB and if McClaurin was Randy Moss, don't you think he would have been force feeding him the ball long before the last game of the year, when they struggled to keep Terry's 1,000 yard streak alive?

10 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

You’re being a bit harsh on Free Agency. The action might be uninspiring but at least holes are still being filled.

And the grass is changing from brown to green everyday, in addition to growing. Very exciting time of year.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, method man said:

Pretty obvious to me that they are waiting on the next wave of FA that will take place after the draft when vets get cut. You can find decent value then - we signed Leno to a 1 year $5m deal after be got cut by the Bears. Also some of the guys available now who will still be available post draft will get more desperate

I think that wave largely happened already. There will be a FEW cuts after the draft, but not many and you're at the mercy of the slim pickings available. The idea that someone fits a need and is someone you want isn't super great.

Edited by Jericho

12 minutes ago, Jericho said:

I think that wave largely happened already. There will be a FEW cuts after the draft, but not many and you're at the mercy of the slim pickings available. The idea that someone fits and need and is someone you want isn't super great.

Due to the number of OL predicted high in the draft, I could see a couple of OL dropping onto the market, maybe at the Leno ‘standard’….

• Like 2

Any ideas on the teams ?

Former Wales superstar Louis Rees-Zammit is the subject of a three-way tug-of-war between American NFL sides offering him in the region of $900,000 a year to sign up for their summer training squads, RugbyPass understands.

The 23-year-old Rees-Zammit is on a 10-week crash course to prepare to play American football as part of the 2024 International Player Pathway. He received offers before scouts from all 32 NFL franchises watched him in action at an NFL Pro Day on Wednesday afternoon.

He caught the eye at the University of South Florida, clocking an impressive 4.44s in the 40-yard dash before impressing with his neat footwork skills in position drills.

Rees-Zammit could be picked up to play either as a running back, wide receiver or even a punt or kick returner on special teams when his crash course finishes at the end of the month.

He couldn’t have picked a better time to try and crack America. For the first time, NFL franchises have been given an additional place in their practice squads for players who have come through the IPP.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Jericho said:

I think that wave largely happened already. There will be a FEW cuts after the draft, but not many and you're at the mercy of the slim pickings available. The idea that someone fits and need and is someone you want isn't super great.

I don't see a wave but there does always seem to be that 1 or maybe 2 players released just before or just after the draft. Like how we got Deshaun Jackson or Josh Norman. I would hope this FO would be a little smarter in terms of an actual contract as I think the last regime didn't. But those were both impact players released well after the first "wave" of free agency. 

41 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Any ideas on the teams ?

Former Wales superstar Louis Rees-Zammit is the subject of a three-way tug-of-war between American NFL sides offering him in the region of $900,000 a year to sign up for their summer training squads, RugbyPass understands.

The 23-year-old Rees-Zammit is on a 10-week crash course to prepare to play American football as part of the 2024 International Player Pathway. He received offers before scouts from all 32 NFL franchises watched him in action at an NFL Pro Day on Wednesday afternoon.

He caught the eye at the University of South Florida, clocking an impressive 4.44s in the 40-yard dash before impressing with his neat footwork skills in position drills.

Rees-Zammit could be picked up to play either as a running back, wide receiver or even a punt or kick returner on special teams when his crash course finishes at the end of the month.

He couldn’t have picked a better time to try and crack America. For the first time, NFL franchises have been given an additional place in their practice squads for players who have come through the IPP.

He said he would like to model his game after McCaffrey and Ayuk. I’m sure AP is interested. 

39 minutes ago, Lovi said:

think this indicates we are done at OT till the draft 

I wouldn't rule out signing Humphries or trading for bolles etc.  I just think Jones didn't make sense, as he is similar to Lucas.  Vet backup swing tackle.  Ideally, a vet starter becomes available at some point this offseason, then draft starting RT at 36 and 3rd day development OT to compete with Daniels for OT 4.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lovi said:

think this indicates we are done at OT till the draft 

Dagnabbit, really wanted him. Only 26, hadn't had any consistent chance to start, playing behind Pro-Bowl caliiber LTs in Houston (Tunsil) and Arizona (Humphries). Curse those Ravens!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

We are at that stage of free agency where things are more boring than my love life. In other words, its about as riveting as watching grass grow.

Warming up for draft ? ;)

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

I wouldn’t say Armstrong, Luvu, Allegretti have hit their peak yet. Armstrong was just a rotational player. Biadasz Is 27? He’s a well regarded center. Chinn is still 26 and was injured I believe. Meanwhile the older guys we signed are one year deals and Eckeler is a great bounce back candidate. I’d also say only Wagner and Eckler are recognizable immediately.

We also have 6 picks in the top 100. We won’t be near the oldest roster.

Something tells me we are gonna flip those 5 picks after QB is picked into a lot more