Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

19 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I'm missing something... Pickett doesn't want to be Wilson's backup for a year so he chooses to be a backup somewhere else that is tied to their starter for several years? What's the logic there?

18 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

This makes no sense. Pickett has a better chance of seeing action behind Wilson then he does behind Hurts. 

I doubt this is being driven by Pickett, he has no say while he’s on his rookie contract. Philly must like him as a reclamation project, and PIT must be ready to move on (they’re correct to move on).

• Like 1

So per the same Drafttek trade chart that showed we netted 118.8 points in the Howell trade, equivalent to 3-95, looks like Pitt netted 56 points in the Pickett trade to Philly, equivalent to 4-119.

Just now, Dah-Dee said:

So per the same Drafttek trade chart that showed we netted 118.8 points in the Howell trade, equivalent to 3-95, looks like Pitt netted 56 points in the Pickett trade to Philly, equivalent to 4-119.

Apparently a different draft points chart said that we basically received the same as a 7th rounder for Howell. How in the world can two charts like this, be worlds apart? I just don't get it.

1 minute ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

Apparently a different draft points chart said that we basically received the same as a 7th rounder for Howell. How in the world can two charts like this, be worlds apart? I just don't get it.

The lower comp calculation used this research project chart, don't know that it's really been adopted into use anywhere yet:

https://overthecap.com/draft-trade-value-chart

Fitzgerald-Spielberger NFL Draft Trade Value Chart

The concept for this research was to use NFL salary data to retroactively grade every draft selection from 2011 through 2015 following the conclusion of their rookie contracts, and to use that data to better project the value of each future draft selection.

First, we found the average of the Top 5 APY (average per year) contracts at each position in each year. For example, the Top 5 QB APY's are $35 million, $34 million, $33.5 million, $33.5 million, $32 million. The average of these 5 APY's is $33.6 million. An APY of $16.8 million would thus be 50% of Top 5 APY. We then converted every new contract in each year into a percent of the Top 5 APY average at the respective position.

In order to get a more accurate representation of the expected performance of a particular draft pick and increase the sample size, we smoothed the data by averaging out the post rookie-contract APY amounts for a few picks before and after each draft pick. The grouping of a few draft picks within a small range removed a lot of the variance that occurs in large part due to “busts” and generated more realistic projections, as the range more accurately reflects the quality of talent available to a drafting team. The ranges start very small (e.g. examining picks No. 1 + No. 2 for the No. 1 slot) and expand in the later rounds of the draft

2 minutes ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

The one that says we netted a seventh rounder is ridiculous.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Veretta83 said:

I'd definitely be open to trading the #2 pick for Herbert straight up.  Not sure how realistic that is, but I think I'd do it.  

I think chargers cap hit would be 100 million on that trade.

Also, Chris Paul from are team and Patrick Paul from u of H are brothers?

Edited by Redskins 2021
  • Like 2

Pickett trade is a win for the NFC East. He had a bunch of factors Howell did not. Good defense, better running back, better line, Better tight end. He does not see the field well.

4 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

So according to WalterFootball's latest mock, Olu Fashanu is slated to go 18 to the Bengals. I would not be opposed to sliding up to 17, if he was there.

If I’m going to 17 I’m taking Fautuna over Fushanu.

• Like 2

I'm kind of annoyed we couldn't do better than the 4-110 Bears gave up for Keenan Allen. What a steal for a Pro Bowl receiver coming off a 108-catch year. 

Also: Cowboys just released Michael Gallup....

Edited by Dah-Dee
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Veretta83 said:

I'd definitely be open to trading the #2 pick for Herbert straight up.  Not sure how realistic that is, but I think I'd do it.  

I dont think it can happen. The Chargers would take like a 130 million dollar dead cap hit.

2 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

Cowboys just released Michael Gallup

Wouldnt hate him opposite of Terry. 

Cowboys released Vander Esch as well. Isnt it fun having a 60 million per year QB?

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

So according to WalterFootball's latest mock, Olu Fashanu is slated to go 18 to the Bengals. I would not be opposed to sliding up to 17, if he was there.

Trading up to draft him and also signing Smith would be perfect for me. Fashanu is only 21 and needs work as a run blocker apparently but the tools (even if they aren’t top end elite) are there to be a good starting LT.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I always wondered why the cap hit can't be negotiated in the trade.

A big portion of what makes it so big is the bonus money already paid.  The new team can't take money paid in the past and the values get accelerated to the original team.  There isn't a way for the new team to take on cashed checks.

Although looking here, there are lots on option bonuses that a new team could potentially take on.  So the dead caps listed here are in the event of a cut.  Maybe a trade wouldn't be as painful depending on the contract language.  Second edit: The first option bonus triggers 3/22, so I think the 50.6 mill 2024 and 45 mill 2025 would become hit for the new team.

image.png.7a733c7be553487724de408144b988c0.png

Edited by CommDownMan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, CommDownMan said:

A big portion of what makes it so big is the bonus money already paid.  The new team can't take money paid in the past and the values get accelerated to the original team.  There isn't a way for the new team to take on cashed checks.

Although looking here, there are lots on option bonuses that a new team could potentially take on.  So the dead caps listed here are in the event of a cut.  Maybe a trade wouldn't be as painful depending on the contract language.

image.png.7a733c7be553487724de408144b988c0.png

He has a 50 million dollar paycheck coming next Friday. Insanity. 

3 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Titans cut LT Andre Dillard (28)

Cowboys cut LB Vander Esch (28)

Cowboys cut WR Michael Gallup (28)

Dillard is really intriguing. Think he played RT in Philly and LT in TEN. 

Dillard did not play well at LT last year in TEN apparently. Wonder if he’d be looked at as a RT for us (if we were interested. We may not be)

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Dillard is really intriguing. Think he played RT in Philly and LT in TEN.

Pretty sure he could barely stay healthy in Philly and only lasted 1 season in TEN before being cut, which is curious. Shame as he was touted as a good pick when drafted, but I’d pass.