Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

5 minutes ago, WashingtonRedWolves said:

Henry to Baltimore

and the cowboys continue to do nothing, I love it

They signed a long snapper :)

Edited by FrFan
  • Haha 3

Just going to say we know that we will run some kind of version of Air Raid.  The great Vince Lombardi ran the "Power Sweep" to perfection in GB and all the teams he faced knew it.  They practiced it day after day and he won 5 championships in GB when he used it.  Just saying.  If we get the right personnel and they stay healthy same principle.  We know that Kliff Kingsbury said he was going to run other schemes and maybe so but I believe it will be mostly Air Raid and if we run it to perfection with the right players like Lombardi did with the "Power Sweep" all is well and good.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, srtman04 said:

I'm loving these FA signings so far.   Our team is already much improved from last season and we still have the draft upcoming.    Love it!  

Probably the best bang for buck free agency !

I get the whole anayltics argument in theory against Ekeler. i am generally sour on veteran RB signings.

But the irony here are the analytics folks mostly LOVE this signing.  Monson from PFF.  Sharp, etc.

Part of the idea with anayltics is value.  And getting a RB who has a great career, coming off an outlier bad season, on the cheap is a win,

I'd get the criticism if they paid big money and or there was no context to Ekeler's slide.  But they didn't pay big money and there is context to his slide.

Great season the season before.  Great first game last season.  then high ankle sprain and he wasn't the same.  A Chargers reporter who covered Ekeler's career was on Standig and told him he thought Ekeler had plenty left.  Will see. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Um, yes.  

Seemed like your post was implying he was still available, thus the reply.  Please carry on!  

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I get the whole anayltics argument against Ekeler. i am generally sour on veteran RB signings.

But the irony here are the analytics folks mostly LOVE this signing.  Monson from PFF.  Sharp, etc.

Part of the idea with anayltics is value.  And getting a RB who has a great career, coming off an outlier bad season, on the cheap is a win,

I'd get the criticism if they paid big money and or there was no context to Ekeler's slide.  But they didn't pay big money and there is context to his slide.

Great season the season before.  Great first game last season.  then high ankle sprain and he wasn't the same.  A Chargers reporter who covered Ekeler's career was on Standig and told him he thought Ekeler had plenty left.  Will see. 

He was signed for basically peanuts. If his injuries have healed, his workload greatly reduced then maybe they found a really productive contributor for 2024. Given the nature of his deal, the FO doesn't seem to be looking beyond that

Just now, RWJ said:

Seemed like your post was implying he was still available, thus the reply.  Please carry on!  

Not sure how I did that, but I'm kind of an idiot, so it's possible. Or likely. 

Wait, what was I talking about? 

• Haha 1

Digging the overall player acquisition strategy (no one is going to, or should, love every single player they bring in). Low risk, high reward signings combined with some foundational pieces for the backbone of the roster. A couple of offseasons and this thing should be ready to make some noise.

• Thumb up 1

18 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

Ertz and Ekeler (and obviously Biadasz) are rookie QB security blankets.

The E's are both completely toast as players. They bring "veteraness" but not much else. I hate the signings as both guys are well past done, but I could see the thinking of just trying to inject professionalism and expertise into place for Maye or Daniels first year, possibly 2 in the league while we attempt to slowly build out an absolute litany of "needs". You can't fix everything in an offseason, and I get why maybe you just aim for guys who know how to do the job and can contribute to the right chemistry. 

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

Ekeler is a low cost move and will be a good 1-2 with BRob. Nothing to get that heated about.

It’s funny when people get all emotional because professionals who know a lot more than they do have a different opinion.

1 minute ago, tmandoug1 said:

Not sure why we are laughing, we signed Mariota

For my taste, don't see why either signing is laughable.  Both capable backup QBs and neither team overpaid for them IMO. 

Mariota with a career QB rating around 90.  About 2:1 TD-INT ratio.  4.48 speed.   Don't like him as a starter.  But he's fine as a backup IMO.

Lock's stats aren't as good as Mariota.  Up and down player with too many downs.  Also not a starter.  But fine as a backup IMO.

• Like 2

OT

WR

S

CB

Another Edge

1 minute ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

It’s funny when people get all emotional because professionals who know a lot more than they do have a different opinion.

Can you go and post this in the QB thread too :rofl89:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tress Is The Way said:

Hearing whispers that fields will be traded to the pats for a 3rd 

Maybe draft MHJ to go with him. Makes the only really place for Chicago to trade down to is us. I think we stay pat though