Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

7 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

They did some CRAZY voodoo with Jalen Hurt's contract which pushed ~$86m of cap hits into 4 void years from 2029 - 2032. He only has a $13m cap hit this year.  His contract was VERY team friendly.  

I think it's actually closer to 100 mil. And it's not "team friendly" it's just ridiculously backloaded. Anyone could do that, but the bill comes due in a big way down the line. 

• Like 1

Idk? I’ve had a feeling for a bit that Chicago has planned to keep with Fields and trade #1. They trade for veterans DJ Moore and Sweat at skill positions. They keep their head coach and offensive system.

I’ve thought that Fields removing the Bears from his social media was a bit. That he’s in on the front office smokescreen to obtain a boatload of picks knowing that he’s staying put.

Chicago running out of trade options as we speak. I wonder what they do with #1 if they can’t find any suitors?

3 minutes ago, Tress Is The Way said:

Austin Eke is still out there, I'd definitely try to bring him in

I wouldn’t.  He looked done last year.  We don’t need a top-flight RB.  B-Rob is fine.  Draft a young flex back type with a mid rounder and promote Rodriguez to RB2.

I think you have to pick up the phone and have a conversation with Jones. When he is healthy he is completely dominant. And having BRob would limit his touches. He is a dangerous dude. 

Edited by clskinsfan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tress Is The Way said:

I guess but we already have Brian Robinson and Eke would be a hell of a compliment to him. Wasting draft capital on RBs is not a way to build a team

Especially a class this weak at RB..our NFC east competition is signing big names to their RB core, and guarantee Henry to dallas is coming next we need to keep up

• Thumb up 1

Just now, FootballZombie said:

Fields does not dictate what they will do at #1

They will ship him out for peanuts if they have to.

Yup.  I actually think Philly or the Giants make sense as a backup for them.  Doubt he gets a starting gig.  Darnold goes to Minny or Denver (I actually think Denver).  Vegas won’t want Fields because the Bears former OC is their OC now.  

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

I think you have to pick up the phone and have a conversation with Jones. When he is healthy he is completely dominant. 

Dime a dozen in the draft.  We do better less expensive and get fresh legs. 

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Dime a dozen in the draft.  We do better less expensive and get fresh legs. 

Word up. Other than CMC in SF, I don't think veteran RBs  or their FA movement within the division would cause me any concern. 

It's a weak running back draft class this year, that's why all the studs are flying off the list of available backs on day one.

I guess we'll just have to wait a little longer to get the treat of watching our playmakers de-cleat guys and break away for long touchdowns versus smash into the line and drag a few guys for a couple extra yards.

Some glorious day though I'm sure it'll happen.