Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

1 hour ago, mac8887 said:

The more I think about it, the more I want Barkley from the Giants. We need blue chip, elite talent on this team, and he is that. Not sure if what trade value B rob would bring but if we were to sign Barkley, I’m not sure if we’d keep B rob if we could receive a decent pick for him, if not, than we would have a legit 2 headed monster in the backfield.

No. You can draft a much cheaper option.

30 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

The market will dictate his worth, and it just so happens that we have the most space and can afford to pay a million more a year than the rest do.

Ever since the OG days of Dan Snyder where we over paid, sometimes extremely, for players past their prime, we have been bargain basement shoppers, trying to fill our roster with mid to lower tier free agents. Neither have worked out in any meaningful way at all.

I think we should build through the draft and use our cap to resign our best playmakers, and lineman that play well and deserve to be extended. And then use the rest of our free cap space to sign truly elite, blue chip talent, coming off of their rookie contracts.

Players that are top 3 in their position hardly ever come into free agency, especially guys that just finished their rookie contracts. These are the guys you want to spend on, these are the true game changers. Let someone like Curl walk, he is not a game changer, and hasn’t earned the significant portion of the cap that his contract will eat up.

We have yet to try this strategy since free agency started.

The only non game changers that should be getting paid are O lineman, we should’ve done everything we could’ve to keep Brandon, Trent, and Morgan. 

If no younger, blue chip, elite, top 5-7 player at their position comes out in free agency, don’t settle for lesser talent, fill that spot with a rookie and push that money to the next year and sign the next available super star that comes into free agency, unless there is no need to fill that position because we already have a great player there.

Now someone like Clowney I could get behind as well. Older guys that still have worth and are proven, but only on one year deals. I’d love to sign him and Josh Allen to be are ends this year. Allen is a beast, and would be worth the money. Just please, no more multi year deals for guys past there prime or mid to lower tier guys like Wylie. 

They said they won’t use all the cap space in free agency. I think you have use 90% per nfl , so that’s probably how will go.

• Thumb up 1

54 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

Smith is going to want an enormous contract to finish out his career. Hopefully they will move away from these types of selections.  I thought it was a solid idea, but he is on the backend of his career, and that injury history is horrendous. No thank you. 

Smith was expected to give Jerry a hometown discount. Now all of a sudden, he’s testing free agency……..

• Haha 1

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/39637538/2024-nfl-combine-latest-buzz-news-rumors-free-agency-draft-trades

Sleeper free agents getting buzz?

Fowler: OK, time for some sleepers -- free agents who aren't household names but should do pretty well this month.

• Jacoby Brissett: He's considered a top backup QB or 1A option after spending 2023 in Washington.

• Mike Danna: As a versatile lineman who can play inside or out, he had 6.5 sacks for Kansas City last season.

• Darnell Mooney: The Chicago wideout is much better than his 2023 stat line of 31 catches for 414 yards and 5 TDs suggests. The Chiefs or Titans could be players here.

• Colby Parkinson: Sure, he played behind Noah Fant in Seattle, but he has field-stretching ability. The free agent and draft tight end classes aren't deep, so keep an eye on Parkinson.

• Graham Glasgow: Guard-needy teams that don't want to spend top dollar will still allot quality money to the next tier. Glasgow started 15 games for Detroit and held his own, and he can play all three OL spots. (The Chiefs' Nick Allegretti and the Seahawks' Damien Lewis are two more guards to watch.)

• Lloyd Cushenberry: One of the best centers available after playing solid in Denver, he could hit the $10 million-per-year mark.

• Dorance Armstrong: This key Dallas defensive lineman has plenty of interest. He most likely won't be back with the Cowboys; new Commanders coach Dan Quinn could try to snag him in Washington.

• Blake Cashman/Azeez Al-Shaair: These two do-it-all linebackers for Houston and Tennessee, respectively, have caught teams' attention.

• Darnell Savage: Enough teams will like his first-round traits to give him a chance on a nice deal after he spent the past five seasons in Green Bay.

• ....Michael Thomas' contract with the Saints is set to void, making him a free agent. A few scouts pointed out Baltimore as a good fit. The Ravens likely won't re-sign Odell Beckham Jr., and they value established veterans at the receiver position. But a reunion with former New Orleans coach Sean Payton in Denver also makes sense. "When he's out there and healthy, he affects the game," an NFC scout said.

• The Rams and 49ers are among intriguing options for quarterback Zach Wilson, who has permission to seek a trade from the Jets. Wilson is looking for a skilled offensive head coach and a place to revive his career. Sean McVay and Kyle Shanahan both need backup QB help at the moment.

• Dalton Schultz didn't get his big payday last year due to a deep tight end class, but it should come this time after a good season with the Texans. Enough teams expect him to clear $10 million per year. New England is one to watch here potentially, as is a return to Houston. The Seahawks' Noah Fant will also do well.

• A C.J. Gardner-Johnson reunion in Philadelphia is on my radar. The Eagles realized they missed the talented safety in the secondary. Tennessee makes sense for him, too. Titans defensive coordinator Dennard Wilson is a big fan of Gardner-Johnson from their Philly days.

• Dallas could be in the market for a linebacker after last season's struggles at the position. Jordyn Brooks, a Dallas-area native and one of the top free agent linebackers, would be a good fit.

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

They said they won’t use all the cap space in free agency. I think you have use 90% per nfl , so that’s probably how will go.

drafting a cheaper rival won't take the talent from a division foe.  I swear Barkley and Thibideaux are the only reasons the Giants can bet (or tie) us

so we got around $96 million.  $9 mill for rookies.  90% of $87 million is almost $79 million

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

You’re not getting a difference maker like a Barkley or Josh Jacobs with a mid round pick, I don’t understand that comparison. I do agree with the current trend that you don’t pay up for a running back in today’s NFL, but at some point that gets baked into the cost and running backs will become a value again. Maybe we are not quite there, yet, but… If the market has gotten so bad for RBs that we can get a stud like those guys on a team friendly one or two year deal, then I think it’s worth considering. We’re in a position where we don’t need to be frugal about the cap right now, and we definitely have a shortage of blue chip players on the roster. Seems like a rookie QB would benefit from the presence of a veteran star running back in the huddle that he can turn around and hand the ball to.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, MrJL said:

drafting a cheaper rival won't take the talent from a division foe.  I swear Barkley and Thibideaux are the only reasons the Giants can bet (or tie) us

so we got around $96 million.  $9 mill for rookies.  90% of $87 million is almost $79 million

It's not just those two.  Daniel Jones is Tom Brady against this team.  Dexter Lawrence destroys our O line.  And for some odd reason their bad O line game plans well against our pass rush aside from the last match up.

A surprise big-money position?

Fowler: Yup, good money will be spent on guards this offseason. So many teams need them and have targeted the position, and Detroit's Jonah Jackson, Miami's Robert Hunt, New England's Mike Onwenu and the Los Angeles Rams' Kevin Dotson are among the top options. Don't be surprised if some or all from this group command $16 million or more.

Will there be enough seats in the musical chairs for all of them to get paid? It's very possible. Consider all of the teams that really need guard help, including the Giants, Jets, Panthers and Jaguars.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/insider/story/_/id/39637538/2024-nfl-combine-latest-buzz-news-rumors-free-agency-draft-trades

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It's not just those two.  Daniel Jones is Tom Brady against this team.  Dexter Lawrence destroys our O line.  And for some odd reason their bad O line game plans well against our pass rush aside from the last match up.

Your points are right on. They just seem to click against us beyond their headliners. Personally I think it's the logo. They've just had our number the past 20-ish years.

I'm hoping it's Snyder being allergic to NY and Harris & Co won't have the same issue now that they're getting their guys in place.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Your points are right on. They just seem to click against us beyond their headliners. Personally I think it's the logo. They've just had our number the past 20-ish years.

I'm hoping it's Snyder being allergic to NY and Harris & Co won't have the same issue now that they're getting their guys in place.

My wife is a Giants fan, I've seen the two play head to head live on and off over the years without a single win.  I figured last season was a gimmie against Devito so I went to that game feeling confident.  But nope.   😢

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, bird_1972 said:

Hopefully, those days are over.

Quinn will destroy their offense in its current state, of that I have no doubt.

Our offensive staff is more of a question mark at the moment though.

2 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

No spending spree, I simply don’t believe Peters on that.

I believe he said high priced free agents aren't the way to build a team.   Maybe there was other quotes,  but I think that's very different statement.  I think we'll have 30ish mil left in the season (even after rookie signings).  But getting to 60 million in spending isn't sitting out.

I guess we'll see,  but I'm still thinking 5ish mid level signings and several lower cost,  experienced guys like Ertz / Fowler types.  

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Jones didn't play against us this year

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sleeper free agents getting buzz?

Fowler: OK, time for some sleepers -- free agents who aren't household names but should do pretty well this month.

• Jacoby Brissett: He's considered a top backup QB or 1A option after spending 2023 in Washington

• Colby Parkinson: Sure, he played behind Noah Fant in Seattle, but he has field-stretching ability. The free agent and draft tight end classes aren't deep, so keep an eye on Parkinson

• Lloyd Cushenberry: One of the best centers available after playing solid in Denver, he could hit the $10 million-per-year mark.

• Azeez Al-Shaair: These two do-it-all linebackers for Houston and Tennessee, respectively, have caught teams' attention.

• Darnell Savage: Enough teams will like his first-round traits to give him a chance on a nice deal after he spent the past five seasons in Green Bay.

• Dalton Schultz didn't get his big payday last year due to a deep tight end class, but it should come this time after a good season with the Texans. Enough teams expect him to clear $10 million per year. New England is one to watch here potentially, as is a return to Houston. The Seahawks' Noah Fant will also do well.

• Jordyn Brooks, a Dallas-area native and one of the top free agent linebackers, would be a good fit.

Offense

If the decide to trade Howell, I like Brissett with a rookie QB.

I like the idea of a vet C with a rookie QB, Cushenberry is the target or Connor Willliams(yes, he won't be ready at the beginning of the season.

I want a vet TE while Schultz and Fant are the best, I find Parkinson interesting.

Defense

There are a bunch of solid vet DB's that would be good with the D plan. I have always been a Savage fan!

AL-Shaair, Brooks or Luvu would be a sweet addition!

• Like 3

I’m on board with not paying RB’s a second contract as a general salary cap philosophy.

But there comes a point where a smart team will take advantage of inefficiencies in the market. Are we at that point with an injury prone but elite pass catching RB like Barkley? I don’t know, but I’m not 1000% against it. YAC guys who can break big plays and put fear into a defense can only help a rookie QB. And we wouldn’t run someone like him into the ground on low value touches when we have the very solid Brian Robinson to split with. 

I’m not advocating for it but I do think there’s a point where the market could make it an attractive inefficiency to exploit to help out a rookie QB. But then, I also don’t think Barkley has big money waiting for him out in FA. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Conn said:

I’m on board with not paying RB’s a second contract as a general salary cap philosophy.

But there comes a point where a smart team will take advantage of inefficiencies in the market. Are we at that point with an injury prone but elite pass catching RB like Barkley? I don’t know, but I’m not 1000% against it. YAC guys who can break big plays and put fear into a defense can only help a rookie QB. And we wouldn’t run someone like him into the ground on low value touches when we have the very solid Brian Robinson to split with. 

I’m not advocating for it but I do think there’s a point where the market could make it an attractive inefficiency to exploit to help out a rookie QB. But then, I also don’t think Barkley has big money waiting for him out in FA. 

If we are signing a RB (which I don't think we should devote any big money to), give me Josh Jacobs over Barkley any day of the week.  Barkley has always been overrated.  Just look at last year, Cook was cut for a reason, and then didn't do anything in NYJ.  Don't spend big money on a RB.  I'm not devoting any major cap money on a RB.  

Just now, skinny21 said:

Man, this safety FA class is pretty nuts - Winfield, Dugger, McKinney, Byard, Garnder-Johnson, Curl, Stone, Savage, Chinn and on and on.

And what a year for it...Quinn loves using him a bunch of safeties!

Curl too

• Like 1