Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders @ The Jets ~ The One Where One Gets Grounded

zCommander

• zCommander changed the title to Game Day Thread - The Commanders @ The Jets ~ The One Where One Gets Grounded
4 minutes ago, shakinaiken said:

Is this game only being shown in the DMV and NY area? I’m here in Delaware, and for some reason the Cleveland game is the one being broadcast on CBS( Generally, this area of Delaware always shows Washington sports).

Probably an early Christmas gift because this game is gonna be:

image.gif.69e424e872276e7acaa722bcad90a5ee.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, shakinaiken said:

Is this game only being shown in the DMV and NY area? I’m here in Delaware, and for some reason the Cleveland game is the one being broadcast on CBS( Generally, this area of Delaware always shows Washington sports).

Yes, I have to go to a sports bar to watch it or watch NFL Redzone for updates.  There are a lot of Eagle fans in DE who moved from PA to DE.  At the beginning of the season they

were not showing the first one or two games if they conflicted with Eagles or Giants playing in the same time slot so I went to a pizza place to watch the games.

Just now, veteranskinsfan said:

Yes, I have to go to a sports bar to watch it or watch NFL Redzone for updates.  There are a lot of Eagle fans in DE who moved from PA to DE.  At the beginning of the season they

were not showing the first one or two games if they conflicted with Eagles or Giants playing in the same time slot so I went to a pizza place to watch the games.

3 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

Probably an early Christmas gift because this game is gonna be:

image.gif.69e424e872276e7acaa722bcad90a5ee.gif

yeah, but it gives me an excuse to isolate myself from the family and get a little bit inebriated before dinner. 

( I love my family by the way, in case any family members are perusing this board) 

• Haha 2

We've got to really pull for the team today.  Send prayers to the football Gods. They're really going to need our help.  The collective will of the fan base will be necessary.

The Jets are SO bad on offense, it is possible we might win.

We have to do everything we can to make sure that doesn't happen.

What is working in our favor:

- Our defense might be as bad as their offense.

- Nick Gates is back at Center.  

- The Jet's defense is legitimately good.  

- Sam Howell has been seeing ghosts, and has not been playing well.

What is working against us:

- Trevor Siemian is not good.

- The Jet's offensive line might be in worse shape than ours.

- Nathaniel Hacket actually is what a lot of people think EB is.

- Nobody cherishes a moral victory more than Ron Rivera

- The entire coaching staff and FO knows none of them are going to be part of the rebuild, so there is no reason for them to play the players who we know can't win.

I acknowledge the monumental nature of the task ahead of us.  We must not let this opportunity slip away.  It is going to take all of us, and our collective will, to sway the football gods to help us in our noble quest.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Is anybody else having issues pasting animated gifs into the board from a laptop?  Works fine from mobile device, but from my PC, doesn't work. I've even tried saving and uploading, and that doesn't work. It is a Windows laptop.  

Anybody else?  Does anybody else even try to do this?  Or is everybody else using mobile devises all the time.

1 minute ago, Idaho fan said:

10 hours in on this 20lb brisket.  I’m looking forward to it a lot more than today’s game.  

You need to post this in the Grilling and Cooking Tailgate thread...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

We've got to really pull for the team today.  Send prayers to the football Gods. They're really going to need our help.  The collective will of the fan base will be necessary.

The Jets are SO bad on offense, it is possible we might win.

We have to do everything we can to make sure that doesn't happen.

What is working in our favor:

- Our defense might be as bad as their offense.

- Nick Gates is back at Center.  

- The Jet's defense is legitimately good.  

- Sam Howell has been seeing ghosts, and has not been playing well.

What is working against us:

- Trevor Siemian is not good.

- The Jet's offensive line might be in worse shape than ours.

- Nathaniel Hacket actually is what a lot of people think EB is.

- Nobody cherishes a moral victory more than Ron Rivera

- The entire coaching staff and FO knows none of them are going to be part of the rebuild, so there is no reason for them to play the players who we know can't win.

I acknowledge the monumental nature of the task ahead of us.  We must not let this opportunity slip away.  It is going to take all of us, and our collective will, to sway the football gods to help us in our noble quest.  

Well said. This is it- this is what Ron’s four year tenure has been building up to: this specific matchup against the Jets, 12/24/2023. 

We have all the pieces in place, to eek out a victory on 3 field goals and 8 holding penalties, where the ref’s are forced to determine a winner, while they struggle with the baffling ineptitude of both teams.

We got this!

15 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Is anybody else having issues pasting animated gifs into the board from a laptop?  Works fine from mobile device, but from my PC, doesn't work. I've even tried saving and uploading, and that doesn't work. It is a Windows laptop.  

I think it is just you. I am on a Windows laptop too. 

3ab885408e9bf6b811618b68fbd3207f.gif