Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best line from scriptwriters

Larry

4 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

While I'm on the topic of not being a huge Ben Affleck fan, Boiler Room is one of my favorites, and his character is a delightfully pragmatic sociopath. Here is perhaps my favorite monologue in any movie ever.

I think Alec Baldwin in ‘Glengarry, Glen Ross” plays this kind of character better.

”You see this watch. This watch costs more than your car.”

Edited by Corcaigh
  • Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

The closing monologue from American Psycho: 

"There are no more barriers to cross. All I have in common with the uncontrollable and the insane, the vicious and the evil, all the mayhem I have caused and my utter indifference toward it I have now surpassed. My pain is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better world for anyone. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape, but even after admitting this, there is no catharsis. My punishment continues to elude me and I gain no deeper knowledge of myself. No new knowledge can be extracted from my telling. This confession has meant nothing."

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Spicy takes from TTB!

image.gif.94a49477b9ff149bb163175dbdb664ec.gif

Welcome to the club, PB.  For years, TTB has been throwing Peloton and Joe Rogan jokes my way, ad nauseam. I can't wait to see what other dicks you'll be riding in the future.  Better get used to it :ols:

Also, it's not saying much that Robin Williams stole the show in a movie he won best supporting actor for.  

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Shark Attack 3 >>> Tool’s second album >>> PB watching his Boiler Room DVD twice a day in his dorm for three years

My first roommate in college would constantly play my Tool Opiate cd and Se7en VHS. Specifically the title track on opiate. Thankfully I got rid of him after the first month. 🤣

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Well, to be fair, the thread is about best lines from scriptwriters, and that line was not in the script lol...it was adlibbed.

They shoulda brought this guy out on the boat to help kill that mean ol sharky. He'd a improvised the hell outta that scene.  🤣

image.png.8bef14a3dcb539fe79653f89b51644bc.png

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2