Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders vs. The Dolphins ~ The One Where One Is Drowning

zCommander

There will be complete wholesale changes this offseason. At this point, I’m expecting that to include QB.

You’re making as many changes as possible to this defense. You’re making as many changes as possible to an offense that struggles to score. 

I know some folks have become personally involved with the QB. Prepare your feelings and emotions now before they get hurt. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, cougs said:

I am tired of hearing this. This whole team is one big crap pile. The whole thing needs to be blown up. Stop with the it’s Howell’s fault. 

You obviously don't know that I'm a strong supporter of Howell,  but I dont have on beer goggles on either.  

1 minute ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

Add poor drafting. You can’t take Chase Young when Tua was on the board. You can’t take a toothpick like Forbes when there is a stud like Gonzalez on the board, and the list goes on and on. Look at MIAMI Ron, they know how to build a team. You should do the Constanta method, Pick the opposite that you would have picked and you would have been better off. 

The problem with Ron's draft is he constantly drafting raw prospect with huge potential. Davis and Forbes both were raw. He went for the boom or bust picks and it bit him in the ass.

• Like 1

Just now, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

There will be complete wholesale changes this offseason. At this point, I’m expecting that to include QB.

You’re making as many changes as possible to this defense. You’re making as many changes as possible to an offense that struggles to score. 

I know some folks have become personally involved with the QB. Prepare your feelings and emotions now before they get hurt. 

I say keep Howell and nuke the entire site from orbit.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, djpapeleta360 said:

The problem with Ron's draft is he constantly drafting raw prospect with huge potential. Davis and Forbes both were raw. He went for the boom or bust picks and it bit him in the ass.

Ron does not know how to evaluate talent.

Edited by Fred Jones

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

In all seriousness:

I don’t think this is the question for this off-season. Meaning, I don’t think it needs an answer and I don’t think you can really form one given this season

It's the only question, in a league of have or have nots the QB is king, you can never simply disregard it in any given off season.

First round in the draft isn't the only place for us to enhance the O Line there are other avenues. 

17 minutes ago, ananoman said:

The thing is though, when you are constantly playing from behind, you feel like you need to make something happen, so you try to extend the play rather than give up.  This is why you really can’t properly evaluate Howell right now.

Trust me, I'm a Howell guy probably the biggest supporter on this site.   I know full well what you're saying 

1 minute ago, Redskins Reparations said:

This may be the worst Washington football team that I have ever seen.

Worse then 3-13 team in 2013?

Never in a million years did I believe I'd see our best QB this century be useless as the rest of the team around him.

I feel the opposite of hopeless, which makes it harder for me to pick one...this defense is bad as I've ever seen, lost as I've ever seen...

Just now, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Maybe, maybe not. Like the pick 6 was a terrible play calll they saw coming. We have a QB. Is he Brady? Don't think so, but also don't know. 

We might have a QB, but we have 90 bills and 5 top 100 picks, so whatever.

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

We passed on Tua to take a DE who cant even get 10 sacks LOL

Lest you forget, the year before Washington drafted Dwayne Haskins #15 overall at the insistence of Dan Snyder.  There was simply no way that RR was going to be able to give up on the owners pick after the guy had played only 9 games, starting 7 of them.

Dan Snyder impacted this team so deeply and horrifically.  It is going to take a few seasons to dig out of it.

• Like 3

Just now, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

It's the only question, in a league of have or have nots the QB is king, you can never simply disregard it in any given off season.

First round in the draft isn't the only place for us to enhance the O Line there are other avenues. 

Not really this year. There aren’t a lot of quality FA. Even the prelim FA list is bare and that doesn’t include guys who re-sign yet.

Build the lines. When it’s time make a bold move and go and get your guy in the draft. 

Just now, Tonysoprano1 said:

If we fire RR after the game, it would be awesome. No defensive coach, no head coach, that would be an improvement.  BTW, whole bunch of gutless players should be fired too.

Harris is an analytics guy. At this point getting the highest draft pick possible is the top priority. RR is the biggest asset to have towards achieving that goal. The team is completely checked out. EB might get a win against the Jets if a change is made. 

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Worse then 3-13 team in 2013?

Never in a million years did I believe I'd see our best QB this century be useless as the rest of the team around him.

I feel the opposite of hopeless, which makes it harder for me to pick one...this defense is bad as I've ever seen, lost as I've ever seen...

Yep that 3-13 team didn't have a single offensive play over 15 yards I think.   I believe Zorn was the coach?