Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders @ The Patriots

zCommander

Sam has at least one of those highlight reel TDs every game. I'm starting to expect them, which is a VERY positive change from how things used to be.

Just gotta clean up the costly INTs and give him more quick developing plays.

• Like 3

Going back a couple plays, the incomplete to Robinson on flare-out: That's the first time this year I can remember Howell back peddling straight back, and not using the very traditional WCO side-step backwards.  

And the throw was inacurate.  I've seen that in the Reid offense, but VERY rarely.  It was not in the Walsh version of the WCO. It absolutely is part of the Corryell offense. 

Just an observation.  But I don't think they should use that footwork, Howell is getting better at the traditional footwork, keep drilling that.

• Like 1

Our issues do not stem from Sam Howell. I know. The fifth rounder isn’t the guy many envisioned of being our guy for at least a few seasons. Everyone wants the elite prospect. But if it makes you feel any better, I had Howell as a first round rated QB and the best QB in his class. I’m not Mel Kiper, so clearly that doesn’t matter much. But, our issues are much deeper than our QB… for once.

Need to shore up coaching and the offensive line. Need to have receivers make plays… need to get some LBs (I think linebackers change the defense in a significant way). We’re in an gently sloping upward trajectory.

• Like 8
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

Howell is the only really not replaceable player on this roster. If we add a TE and a big WR1 this offense could be special with the right OC/HC.

Not to jinx him but Howell has ranged sans that pick from good to great after hearing all week that young QBs have no chance against Belichick 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Not to jinx him but Howell has ranged sans that pick from good to great after hearing all week that young QBs have no chance against Belichick 

He doesn't play like a young QB most of the time. He'll have a couple dumb throws a game out of 40 but mostly he's very poised and confident.

• Thumb up 1