Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders vs.The Eagles - Someone is getting their feathers plucked?!?!

zCommander

With a competent head coach we win this game easily. It is time for a complete rebuild. We all know that will entail sucking for a while. But it needs to be done. I would put everyone on the trading block except Howell, Payne and Allen. Yes that includes Terry for me. He might be north of 30 by the time we are a real contender. Tear it all down and build it correctly this time through the draft.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Rogue Jedi said:

Refs made some bad calls, but can’t blame them.

Defense was atrocious. Who would’ve thought offense would be the strength of this team with all the 1st rounders on D?

Not to brag but...

I did say before the season began not to be surprised if the O ended up being the strength of the team.  Mainly because it would be the most Redskins thing ever.   😆

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, justice98 said:

They gotta do something to give the onside kick back at least a reasonable chance of being recovered.  It's an exciting play.

saw one recently where the kicker pelted someone in the front line of the hands team right in the ****ing facemask with the ball to bounce it up for his guys. Thought that may catch on as a tactic 

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

With a competent head coach we win this game easily. It is time for a complete rebuild. We all know that will entail sucking for a while. But it needs to be done. I would put everyone on the trading block except Howell, Payne and Allen. Yes that includes Terry for me. He might be north of 30 by the time we are a real contender. Tear it all down and build it correctly this time through the draft.

Everyone is expendable whether on Tuesday or in the offseason.

• Like 3

Cant see many trades going through. Trading away good assets at this stage means you're building for 2-3 years down the road, like Miami did a few years ago. This coaching staff know they don't have 2-3 years so long term thinking has gone out of the window. Unless the Front Office bypass the coaching staff I think our trade business will be one player maybe? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Listen, I mean this constructively… but are you watching the game? As in REALLY watching it? The Eagles were in deep coverage and Howell dropped that thing on a rope to a diving receiver.

No one let anyone do anything there. This is such a strange take. It’s obvious you’re jaded and burned and I get it. No judgement. But this is a strange stand to take.

that is not the kinda play you let people score on

6 minutes ago, Llevron said:

He hasn’t even gotten the offense humming yet and you want to add HC to his plate too? That’s a set up for failure. 

I know, but I don't want Sam to have a 3rd new offense in three years. He seems to be doing just fine with EB, why rock the boat. Sam hasn't been great (he was pure trash against the Giants), but he's not the problem with this team. The offense isn't really the problem with this team.

Edited by Simmsy

Rough way to lose but I prefer to show some fight than get boat race'd

O was very good. That is the kind of O we should have been doing from the start w/ quick plays that limit the opportunities for sacks. We honestly should have ran more as we had some absurd avgs from both our backs, but for the most part everything worked.

D scored a couple turnovers and managed not to give up 400 yards.

These are the kinds of games your supposed to win... but we found a way not to. Par for the course.