Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

EMERGENCY REMINDER:

For those of you working the daily grind make sure you let your boss know that this year April fools day is an official ExtremeSkins-- "I'm not getting anything done at work today day".

If you need a note for your HR department just ask Jumbo, or better yet, have him call to explain the situation on your behalf. 😊

Quinn gets to gather all the players, new and old, together for the first time.

I'm sure we'll get enough interviews, scandalous video, and juicy gossip to entertain us all day.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Since new coaches are allowed an extra voluntary minicamp; have we a scheduled that yet?

Considering the turnover, figure they will schedule one and my guess it will be pretty well attended.

The post right before yours is about this. April 1st. Teams with new coaches can start early.

I love that we've basically assembled Football U in the NFL. Players and coaches wanting to be here to play football and taking it as seriously as possible. 

It reminds me of Dalton Shultz talking about the Texans instead of the Cowboys. We're going to be like the Texans.

https://www.nfl.com/news/texans-te-dalton-schultz-glad-focus-is-just-football-in-houston-after-time-with-cowboys

"It's literally a zoo, dude," Schultz said. "There's people tapping on the glass trying to get people's attention while they're doing power cleans or whatever. It's different. That's the brand that they've built, that's what (owner) Jerry Jones likes

"The focus is just football, you know what I mean?" Schultz said of playing in Houston. "I'm going back and telling some people about being around the Cowboys practice facility and game day and describing some of the interactions and stuff that you see on a day-to-day basis and it surprises a lot of people. They're like, 'Holy crap. That actually happens at a practice facility?' You think it's normal, and then you come to a place like this."

"This place is a well-oiled machine," Schultz said, via the Houston Chronicle. "The coaching staff -- the coaching changes, I can't speak to the previous stuff -- but the strength staff is phenomenal, the training staff is unbelievable. This has been the most trainers that I've ever seen on a staff and they take really amazing care of the players. The nutrition staff is phenomenal."

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

What do we think Schultz is referring to there, more directly—Jerry allowing celebs and the like to roam the facility and have access/watch the players workout, etc? It’s the only way I can figure out how to interpret that 

I think it means everything they do is part of the show that is the Dallas Cowboys.  I wouldn't be surprised if there is a tourism/open air museum style of feel to their facilities, and they let fans pay to come watch the players.

The Cowboys are the ultimate show.  The team itself is just good enough to keep the show plausible and compelling, but the real business of Dallas (and the NFL) is to entertain and hold viewership, more than it is to be efficiently competitive.  They're the best at this in the NFL, and at times this goal is at odds with best practices for actually winning the game at the heart of the show.

• Like 9
  • Thumb up 1

29 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

I think it means everything they do is part of the show that is the Dallas Cowboys.  I wouldn't be surprised if there is a tourism/open air museum style of feel to their facilities, and they let fans pay to come watch the players.

The Cowboys are the ultimate show.  The team itself is just good enough to keep the show plausible and compelling, but the real business of Dallas (and the NFL) is to entertain and hold viewership, more than it is to be efficiently competitive.  They're the best at this in the NFL, and at times this goal is at odds with best practices for actually winning the game at the heart of the show.

And that’s why Jerry will never win a Superbowl.  

When Steven is running the show after his dad passes, he’d be wise to ditch a lot of what Jerry has done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Conn said:

What do we think Schultz is referring to there, more directly—Jerry allowing celebs and the like to roam the facility and have access/watch the players workout, etc? It’s the only way I can figure out how to interpret that 

That’s what I got from it as well.  To me, his use of the word “zoo” was purely about an audience watching from behind glass vs it being hectic/chaotic/etc (which is obviously different from what a someone might assume just reading “Schultz calls Dallas a “zoo”).  

But obviously the comment is still pretty damning in terms of the Texans being all about football and Dallas not so much.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

"It's literally a zoo, dude," Schultz said. "There's people tapping on the glass trying to get people's attention while they're doing power cleans or whatever. It's different. That's the brand that they've built, that's what (owner) Jerry Jones likes

I imagine it's a lot like this.

6f1fcff21bb2ff90cad0d2f32577375e.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

4 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

This kind of goes here I think. I like it.

May be an image of football and text that says 'Sports Illustrated @SInow The Eagles proposed a rule that replaces an onside kick attempt with one fourth-and-20 play from the kicking team's 25-yard line'

One thing is for sure, it's practically impossible to legally recover an onside kick these days. The rules big time favor the receiving team. Basically seems unfair. I think it would be kinda cool to see the 4th and 20 thing. Percentages would definitely be higher for the trailing team to recover it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

If it reduces injuries, I’m for it.

The more I think about it, getting 20 yards whenever the opposing defense knows that you absolutely have to get 20 yards on one play or the game is essentially over, is pretty dag on tough. It might not be much easier than the current low odds of recovering an onside kick. Probably be kinda like the hail mary, except the defenders all back up about 18 yards or so. Instead of back to the endzone area. I'm not sure if it's that much safer either. I don't think very many players are getting injured on onside kicks these days. It might be more fun to watch though.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2024 at 12:02 PM, RVAskins said:

I imagine it's a lot like this.

6f1fcff21bb2ff90cad0d2f32577375e.gif

My diabetic old man eyes initially couldn't process that there was a transparent barrier between them.

So at first I thought the gorilla was about to kill him and they cut the video in midflight just before impact.

Then I looked closer and realized the gorilla bounced backwards and I thought somebody must have 12 gauged the poor gorilla. lol

EDIT:

Now I'm wondering if there is a written NFL rule that all players have to be homosapiens?

Cause that gorilla would immediately solve all of our left tackle concerns.

Hell he could probably play both ways and lineup as an unblockable edge.

The best thing is he wouldn't hurt our cap space since I'm sure he'd be happy to work for bananas.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

The more I think about it, getting 20 yards whenever the opposing defense knows that you absolutely have to get 20 yards on one play or the game is essentially over, is pretty dag on tough. It might not be much easier than the current low odds of recovering an onside kick. Probably be kinda like the hail mary, except the defenders all back up about 18 yards or so. Instead of back to the endzone area. I'm not sure if it's that much safer either. I don't think very many players are getting injured on onside kicks these days. It might be more fun to watch though.

A defensive holding penalty or something of that ilk is probably the highest chance of success.

Unless you’re playing a defense coordinated by Jim Hazlett, Joe Barry, Greg Manusky or Jack Del Rio.  

Then it’s almost a sure thing.  

God our DCs have sucked for 15 years. And I don’t care what Chris Russell aka the screaming idiot has to say about it. 

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Al Harris was the guy I most wanted Quinn to kidnap for our staff. Hands down the best at teaching coverage technique in the league.

Looks like Jerruh has made a preemptive move to keep DQ from hiring him next year by promoting him and presumably extending his contract, which previously was set to expire after this season...

Harris would have been a great get, but he served under Whitt, who was the secondary coach. I think Whitt was the bigger steal. My BIL is a Cowboys fan, he was not happy about losing Whitt

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1