Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, RVAskins said:

I can't imagine ever seeing DQ on the sideline during a game with his arms crossed and his mind seemingly a million miles away. 

The last 3 years he coached from the booth.  And whenever the defense was on the field he stood up. Jerrah provided him a perfectly good chair and he stood up and was jumping around while standing basically alone, away from most cameras, and coaching.

I don't think that was planned, or done to make an impression.  I think he's a ball of energy which can't be contained. 

There's a greater chance of committing homicide of a ref who made a bad call than him standing on the sidelines, arms crossed looking disinterested.  

Btw, did we ever settle the Jerrah vs. Jerruh debate?

2 hours ago, RVAskins said:

I can't imagine ever seeing DQ on the sideline during a game with his arms crossed and his mind seemingly a million miles away. 

Wondering what he was having for dinner that evening. 

RR had definitely checked out, but some of the hatred towards the guy was unwarranted,  IMO. He was handed an impossible task (though he signed up for it) and did as best he could. Cleaning up Lil Napoleons mess was as impossible as you could get.

Last season though, you could tell he had mailed it in and knew his time was up.

HTTR!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, skinsfan4128 said:

RR had definitely checked out, but some of the hatred towards the guy was unwarranted,  IMO. He was handed an impossible task (though he signed up for it) and did as best he could. Cleaning up Lil Napoleons mess was as impossible as you could get.

I agree. The level of hatred towards RR is totally unwarranted. While he didn't help himself with some of his decisions, there is no reason for some of the vitriol he received. Now our previous owner, that's a different story. He deserves all the hate and anger that he receives. His one job was to take care of this franchise and he failed miserably.

I agree that RR deserves criticism. He made a lot of mistakes and did check out last season, he doesn't deserve the hatred he has received from some. At the end of the day, this team was a complete mess from top to bottom but now it's time to move on.

Edited by RVAskins
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

In hindsight,  Ron set us up for potential future success by going out the way he did.   I have a renewed hope that DQ will lead us back to relevancy with his awesome staff.   We will all look back on this offseason as when the pendulum finally started swinging in our favor.  I have no doubt.  

• Thumb up 2

5 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

In hindsight,  Ron set us up for potential future success by going out the way he did.   I have a renewed hope that DQ will lead us back to relevancy with his awesome staff.   We will all look back on this offseason as when the pendulum finally started swinging in our favor.  I have no doubt.  

👏👏👏 Round of applause for Ronny for tanking the **** out of last season!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Btw, did we ever settle the Jerrah vs. Jerruh debate?

I'm in the Jerruh camp as its sounds more redneck doltish.  Saw he took a paternity test today after being accused of fathering a child of a 25yo.   Jeebus

take my take however you will as I'm a (Jiff) guy for Gif image.

2 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

RR became incredibly self absorbed in the final throws of his tenure here. In the end that was to our benefit. He deserves a share of criticism though.

Amen. Dude tried to use Howell as his ticket to save his ass. Told us all he was the guy and finding him was his greatest achievement. Then he benched him. :)

2 hours ago, DiscoBob said:

👏👏👏 Round of applause for Ronny for tanking the **** out of last season!

Bro he didnt tank. He was just that bad and had completely lost the locker room. Lets not forget last season is right up there with the worst this franchise has had IN ITS HISTORY.

41 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Bro he didnt tank. He was just that bad and had completely lost the locker room. Lets not forget last season is right up there with the worst this franchise has had IN ITS HISTORY.

Oh, I know he was trying to win... but by a loose definition of tanking (i.e. sucking), he did a stellar job 😀

• Haha 1

I said this on a post about harris,

He may be just learning the process
He may be curious how real talent evaluators work
He may be there to laugh at Caleb Williams for not having a real agent, like seriously, advice young man, Love your dad, don't let him run your life.

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

I was about to wonder about this till I saw the Mac Jones comment.  LOL

What if they want him as a back up?

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, RVAskins said:

I agree. The level of hatred towards RR is totally unwarranted. While he didn't help himself with some of his decisions, there is no reason for some of the vitriol he received. Now our previous owner, that's a different story. He deserves all the hate and anger that he receives. His one job was to take care of this franchise and he failed miserably.

I agree that RR deserves criticism. He made a lot of mistakes and did check out last season, he doesn't deserve the hatred he has received from some. At the end of the day, this team was a complete mess from top to bottom but now it's time to move on.

Most everyone agrees RR is a good guy, I was rooting for him.  But he had total control of personnel and after 4 years the team is worse than the "train wreck" he inherited.  He was supposed to be the savior and he made the situation worse with his horrible draft picks and free agent signings.  If you evaluate his track record in personnel here you would be hard pressed to find a group who did worse. And that's saying something given the previous groups. 

He was supposed to clean up the disfunction yet we saw every bit as much disfunction while he was here, maybe even more.  Just what did he clean up?  I know it was not him but did he really improve the culture, was it better than when Jay Gruden was the HC?  Even his own players who supposed to love him graded him a C-.

Then there were the tired excuses such as claiming they were a young team when the truth was they were league average. He clearly had no answers because, as his record indicates, he is just not a good Head Coach and HORRIBLE at personnel.  The bottom line is The was 26-40, never had a winning season, and left the team void of good young talent on affordable rookie contracts which is critical to every team's success.  This lack of good, young, affordable players will hinder this team long after he is gone. 

So yeah I get all the hate, it's not personal but perfectly understandable.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 3

Old boy has a lot of work to do but KC, NE, Pitt being so low?  Who cares about facilities and players, just win baby

but how is 31st an F for one category but a C for coaches?

IMG_2996.png

IMG_2995.png

Edited by stoshuaj

3 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

Old boy has a lot of work to do but KC, NE, Pitt being so low?  Who cares about facilities and players, just win baby

but how is 31st an F for one category but a C for coaches?

IMG_2996.png

IMG_2995.png

Bc this poll was done in October, no one was rude enough to give their HC less than a C lol. It’s plain that those HC grades are inflated 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

WHY HAS THE INTERNET FAILED ME!

I desperately need a gif of James T. Kirk doing his famous "Flying Leg Kick" from the original series.  Why can't I find this?  INTERNET FAIL!

So I'll use this MMA gif as a representation of Harris' response to Peters. Backwards roundhouse kick.  

5d87ea13baf8bc10b06c1d9ab05a3aa2.gif

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

WHY HAS THE INTERNET FAILED ME!

I desperately need a gif of James T. Kirk doing his famous "Flying Leg Kick" from the original series.  Why can't I find this?  INTERNET FAIL!

This?

anigif_enhanced-buzz-26351-1375728521-20

• Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Most everyone agrees RR is a good guy, I was rooting for him.  But he had total control of personnel and after 4 years the team is worse than the "train wreck" he inherited.  He was supposed to be the savior and he made the situation worse with his horrible draft picks and free agent signings.  If you evaluate his track record in personnel here you would be hard pressed to find a group who did worse. And that's saying something given the previous groups. 

He was supposed to clean up the disfunction yet we saw every bit as much disfunction while he was here, maybe even more.  Just what did he clean up?  I know it was not him but did he really improve the culture, was it better than when Jay Gruden was the HC?  Even his own players who supposed to love him graded him a C-.

Then there were the tired excuses such as claiming they were a young team when the truth was they were league average. He clearly had no answers because, as his record indicates, he is just not a good Head Coach and HORRIBLE at personnel.  The bottom line is The was 26-40, never had a winning season, and left the team void of good young talent on affordable rookie contracts which is critical to every team's success.  This lack of good, young, affordable players will hinder this team long after he is gone. 

So yeah I get all the hate, it's not personal but perfectly understandable.  

The amount of Ron apologists on this forum is hilarious.. which again drives my point that we have some of the dumbest fans in the NFL. 

Ron is a complete buffoon that ran this org in to the ground with his drafts, hiring decisions and public speaking skills. He is competing for the worst DC coach ever... below Zorn level. yet.. somehow its all Snyders fault.

Edited by oraphus
  • Like 3
  • Thumb down 1

1 hour ago, oraphus said:

Ron is a complete buffoon that ran this org in to the ground

I don't know how RR ran the organization into the ground when the team was already below ground level when he arrived. He didn't do anything to help bring it up but I don't lay all the blame at his feet. Our previous owner on the other had was a complete buffoon who ran the organization into ground.

Edited by RVAskins
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

52 minutes ago, oraphus said:

The amount of Ron apologists on this forum is hilarious.. which again drives my point that we have some of the dumbest fans in the NFL. 

Ron is a complete buffoon that ran this org in to the ground with his drafts, hiring decisions and public speaking skills. He is competing for the worst DC coach ever... below Zorn level. yet.. somehow its all Snyders fault.

Uhh, Snyder hired Tugboat Ron. Snyder also hired all the pre-Rivera buffoons too, such as Bruce Allen, Zorn, Gruden, Shanahan...plus he hired all the 'sex pest' front office staffers who were called out for their repugnant behaviors...and Jason Wright who has botched several celebratory events.

Snyder also FAILED to hire a competent GM during 20+ years here. He also FIRED competent people (La Femina) who the league foisted upon him to help turn the team around. And since I'm using CAPS to add emphasis to my arguments, he also MARRIED Tanya Snyder which led to her designing the logo and uniforms.🤢

This organization was already subterranean when Tugboat Ron got here, it just went down a little deeper...from the Fourth Circle of Hell to the Fifth.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Thumb up 1

17 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

I don't know how RR ran the organization into the ground when the team was already below ground lever when he arrived. He didn't do anything to help bring it up but I don't lay all the blame at his feet. Our previous owner on the other had was a complete buffoon who ran the organization into ground.

The team was below average when he joined... and was plain bad by year end 23.

We have the worst D in the NFL

One of the worst Olines

Not a single elite player on the roster.. and only 2 players i would consider good (Curl & Robinson) from the last 4 years of drafts.

No significant FA contributors 

Still no QB

Brought it terrible coaches that set this team back:

OCs - Turner - bad. Bienime - horrible (might have helped destroy Howell career) 

DC - 4 y of this moron.. and he only fired him to save his own butt in 23

Constantly dumb statements on the podium... 

A blind monkey throwing darts at a wish board could have gotten better results. Yes Snyder is a complete sh!tshow of an owner and bears much of the responsibility for the team .. but he was not responsible for most of Ron decisions (outside of Haskins). 

Edited by oraphus
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1