Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I guess Rivera will be shut out.  Must be humbiling for him that he's not getting any coordinator jobs.  Maybe LB coach?

Ron should just retire. He’s 62 made more money than he can spend had health issues. Just go enjoy yourself. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Ron should just retire. He’s 62 made more money than he can spend had health issues. Just go enjoy yourself. 

Sheehan did a whole segment weeks back that he was surprised that Ron was willing to basically take a demotion job at his age.  Wild in theory (albiet it doesn't surprise me one whit though) that he was willing to take that demotion and still didn't get that job.

Be like a long time chef struggle later in their career but is willing to step down and take interviews to be a sous chef and can't get a sous chef job either,

Ron comes off like a nice person.  But last year IMO came off full of himself as to some of his comments especially the send me my SB rings comment.  So I gather it must be humbiling for him to see a new regime being billed as a breath of fresh air from his stale regime.  With a new GM tasked to rebuild the crap roster Ron put together.  And now this.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

We knew that Jerrah was only interviewing RR because of the Rooney Rule.  That's what I think,  Now, hopefully we get the LB coach from Dallas and Harris if Quinn wants to bring them in.  

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sheehan did a whole segment weeks back that he was surprised that Ron was willing to basically take a demotion job at his age.  Wild in theory (albiet it doesn't surprise me one whit though) that he was willing to take that demotion and still didn't get that job.

Be like a long time chef struggle later in their career but is willing to step down and take interviews to be a sous chef and can't get a sous chef job either,

Ron comes off like a nice person.  But last year IMO came off full of himself as to some of his comments especially the send me my SB rings comment.  So I gather it must be humbiling for him to see a new regime being billed as a breath of fresh air from his stale regime.  With a new GM tasked to rebuild the crap roster Ron put together.  And now this.

mabye ron wants to try and end it with what he was actually good at. take a year off...somebody will call

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

@MartinC Zimmer is 67 but is a much better D coordinator than RR.  

14 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I guess Rivera will be shut out.  Must be humbiling for him that he's not getting any coordinator jobs.  Maybe LB coach?

Even LB coach is a reach.  He and JDR couldn't get that right.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, lavar1156 said:

These coach lifers dont have any other hobbies. All they know is coaching. It's why they dont want to retire.

yeah. we are in here talking about this stuff when we arent working. These guys dont want to come work with us

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

This is likely one of the main reasons he's been interviewing:

Mitigation

Guarantees in coaching contracts are offset guarantees, meaning the firing team’s financial liability is reduced if and when the coach secures work and is paid by another team during the term of the contract. While the firing team has an obligation to pay off the contract, the fired coach has a duty to mitigate, meaning he has an obligation to seek and find a similar coaching position with another team (that can be a college team as well). In other words, the fired coach cannot simply sit and collect his paycheck; he has to mitigate and try to find another job, with the payments from the new job offsetting the amount owed from the firing team.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/01/19/business-of-football-end-of-season-coaches-fired#:~:text=In order for the fired,than any off-field actions.

• Like 8

I'm sure most coaches in the NFL (not named Ben Johnson) want to become HCs one day.  I wonder how much of a factor not only working with, but also learning from, Dan Quinn was in their decisions to come here. 

By all accounts Quinn's superpower is his leadership, culture-setting and ability to connect with players.  I wouldn't be surprised if that's a weakness in most positional coaches' / coordinators' tool belts; or, even if it's not a "weakness", they're hoping to turn it into a major strength by working under Quinn.  We know Brian Johnson was interviewing for HC roles and I'm assuming Kingsbury wants to be an HC again one day... working with and learning from Quinn should be a significant boost to their resumes in that regard.  Obviously, future opportunities all largely depend on whether the team is successful or not.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The thing is when was the last time we had a good defensive staff?  Has to be under Gibbs.  It was decent under Zorn with Blache but not as good.  But after that its been downhill.

Cue the 2013 graphic again

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Cue the 2013 graphic again

The defensive staff was pretty meh.  Haz as DC.  Only Chris Russell thought he was a good DC, probably because Haz bought him 47 cases of Thin Mints to say nice things on the radio about his defense.  

5 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Shocking Ron didn’t get any votes.  

• Haha 1