Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

He's still running the business stuff and today's a work day.

Personally I don't care if he stays or goes. He has nothing to do with the actual football stuff.

The business side doesn’t work out of Ashburn. He should stay in his office space they rented at the University of Maryland or FedEx field if the office move isn’t complete. There is nothing for him at Redskins park other than wanting to get attention. 

Edited by SoCalSkins

The hat almost made me miss the most important part.

That's my assistant vice president of the hand shaking department right there, knocking it out of the park like a pro. :cheers:

Edited by NickyJ
  • Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

The business side doesn’t work out of Ashburn. He should stay in his office space they rented at the University of Maryland or FedEx field if the office move isn’t complete. There is nothing for him at Redskins park other than wanting to get attention. 

My guy, I don't know if Wright peed in your cheerios or something, but settle down. We have no idea what his duties in Virginia actually are. For all we know Harris could have asked him to be there for the welcome. I know damn well I'd be there if my boss told me to show my face. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

37 minutes ago, gooseneck said:

I think the evolving is the key.  Clearly Rivera could motivate but it seemed like he was behind the times.

Not sure about Rivera's motivational skills especially later in his career here.    Heck in one of the article about this season it came out from a team source that this team isn't motivated-fired up.

they came up small in do or die games in his tenure late in the season, exception being in season 1 and heck even in that one they likely wouldn't have won if the Eagles weren't determined to tank and brought in Sudfeld.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Not sure about Rivera's motivational skills especially later in his career here.    Heck in one of the article about this season it came out from a team source that this team isn't motivated-fired up.

they came up small in do or die games in his tenure late in the season, exception being in season 1 and heck even in that one they likely wouldn't have won if the Eagles weren't determined to tank and brought in Sudfeld.

Rivera was boring, lethargic, and lacked confidence and that attitude permeated down to the players.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Report: Mike Macdonald is highest paid first-time coach in NFL history

The Seattle Seahawks have their new head coach, and they were willing to pay what it took to land former Baltimore Ravens defensive coordinator Mike Macdonald.

NFL insider Mike Garafolo, currently at the Senior Bowl in Alabama, revealed that the Seahawks have made Macdonald the highest paid first-time head coach in the league.

“My understanding is this is the highest paid—I don’t know what the number is exactly—but he’ll be the highest paid first-time coach ever,” Garofalo said. “He had two teams there—when you have two bidders, you can bid one against the other one. That’s the kind of stuff that can happen there. So Mike Macdonald got himself not only a long deal, but also a lucrative deal.”

That other bidder, by the way, was the Washington Commanders. Much like the Seahawks, they were interested in both Ben Johnson and Macdonald, ended up with neither, and hired former Seahawks DC Dan Quinn. According to PFT’s Mike Florio, Washington did offer Macdonald the job, but obviously we know what Mike decided to do.

Garofalo also reported that as part of the ongoing search for a new offensive coordinator, former Atlanta Falcons head coach Arthur Smith was “in contention,” but he took the OC job with the Pittsburgh Steelers.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2024/2/2/24059477/report-mike-macdonald-highest-paid-first-time-coach-nfl-history-seahawks-news

Wonder about Colt Mccoy as QB coach?

Sheehan pointed out that Colt's best games were with Kliff.  About 75% completion rate under him.  He said best QBR under him, etc.

Also on another note, Sheehan said sort of vaguely that Peters might like the other QBs if not more than Caleb and he didn't say that as hypotetical but also not concretely it came off somewhere in between to me.  Came off that it might be something he heard.  Sheehan is probably after Keim the most connected as to a source to owneship. 

Sheehan didn't say that as a report but it felt like a relevant point the way he made it

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

Hard to know who anyone likes until we get through the combine, private workouts etc.

Maye's game translates best to the NFL and doesn't have the diva-like personality that Williams has so it'd make sense they might like him more right now, but again its still early in the process.

• Like 2

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Hard to know who anyone likes until we get through the combine, private workouts etc.

Maye's game translates best to the NFL and doesn't have the diva-like personality that Williams has so it'd make sense they might like him more right now, but again its still early in the process.

In the unlikely event the Bears choose to stick with Fields they will trade the pick far in advance. Just like the Rams did with the RG3 trade. They would also likely trade Fields at the start of the league year not draft day if they are moving on to maximize his value. So we should see some answers in advance.

• Like 1

feeling an intense "calm" over this HC/OC/DC combo. Like its ok to not be overly excited because these guys all know the situation, that it's not going to be a fast process, and that they must have bought into the big picture of how this organization is structured right now. These coaches are here to coach and report to GMAP who with his team and Shen will be working to bring this roster into a modern state. Over the new few weeks position coaches will be added, they'll be going through all the film of the current roster, going to the combine, looking at free agency, and prepping for the draft. If anything, the quieter it is this spring with the exception of FA signings/drafting. The better.

• Like 2

Can't wait to hear the presser. First, I hope Peters will provide us with at least a few details about the hiring process that went on. Second I'm waiting for clarification about EB since technically we have two OC.

6 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

Yeah but he also said Eric Bieniemy helped him so........

Totally agree… And what’s these guys suppose to say, well he wasn’t that helpful or yeah he’s a bum… these type of answers to questions like these imho aren’t anything to base any merit over they’re simply great things to post to try to make a point … nothing more 

Edited by Command The 414
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

26 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Colt Mccoy as QB coach?

I would love that. Especially after watching him break down tape and prospects over the past few months. He comes across as calm, smart and full of knowledge. Seems like a perfect fit to be a teacher to me. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I would love that. Especially after watching him break down tape and prospects over the past few months. He comes across as calm, smart and full of knowledge. Seems like a perfect fit to be a teacher to me. 

Yeah I'd like it too. Seems like a great candidate to groom as OC too in case some team goes mad and hires KK as HC after our #2 overall pick puts up a big rookie year.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

14 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

Yeah but he also said Eric Bieniemy helped him so........

I think the important part of that to me is not that Kingsbury helped him. It is that he discovered him. He was the only person to see what Mahomes could become. He then adapted his system to let Mahomes strongest features shine through. 

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1