Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

31 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

All of the movie unfolded somewhat like expected.  The only surprise was Ben Johnson didn't get the job.  But Keim among others warned that he wasn't a given.  I was braced that Quinn was a possibilty.  Some others here were too

Labelling ‘Ben Johnson didn’t get the job’ as the only surprise seems like a major playing down of the magnitude of his backing out. However I do agree Quinn was always in play.

6 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

You know who else was hired for his leadership skiils?

Marty and Gibbs and Shanahan and Rivera.

I will say, this does break our Dan-era pattern of going scheme/leadership/scheme/leadership/zorn/leadership/scheme/leadership.

It’s certainly being overplayed. 

22 hours ago, Going Commando said:

Not to mention their personalities and coaching styles are completely different.  Quinn is a dynamo with infectious passion for the game, and an innovative schemer with a special expertise at getting through to players with difficult personalities.  Rivera is an old school stoic who can't go outside of his trusted circle, and is uniquely terrible at working with any players who aren't complete church boys or have a military background.

Great value with him entering after calling games on the defensive side. Hoping he positions himself to stay actively involved and continue calling plays on defense. Must leverage his expertise – the same expectation I'd have for a standout OC transitioning to head coach.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

hahahaha….

I’ve always said, him at 5% or so of the cap is okay with me.

Rumors are Wilson will be had for $10-15 mil next season. Your boy Carr is next in line for a huge salary reduction. 

Edited by wit33

I do find it amazing that we're now in an era where a P5 head coach would leave that job to do the grind of being an NFL OC.

Chip Kelly only has to consistently make the Sun Bowl to keep his 7-figure, relatively low pressure job in Los Angeles. He's willing to given that up to work from 4 AM to 10 PM every day in Ashburn.

NIL and the transfer portal have really changed the game.

• Like 3

There's a big difference between the tangible leadership qualities that emerge on the field and within the team versus this endless PR speak that really is for media and show. It doesn't mean anything in itself, and it certainly didn't mean anything with Rivera et. al. 

But that doesn't mean that Quinn can't or won't display those qualities when it counts. All "talk" of leadership and whatever else is just that, so I don't put much stock into it. Other people might but I've heard those phrases bandied about so much that they've lost all relevance, in this context. 

• Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Labelling ‘Ben Johnson didn’t get the job’ as the only surprise seems like a major playing down of the magnitude of his backing out. However I do agree Quinn was always in play.

Whatever floats Ben Johnson's boat of course though is not in their control.  They didn't do anything wrong on that front.  But regardless, I never thought THEY thought it was Ben or bust.  Plenty of evidence on that from reputable sources for weeks.   

As for me, I wanted Ben Johnson but i said on this thread many times, none of these candidates turn me off, I'd be good in the end with whomever they choose.  I knew Quinn would be the least popular with fans but that's a different subject. 

The specter of Quinn was clear from the jump.  i among others posted about it plenty of times.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

6 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Great value with him entering after calling games on the defensive side. Hoping he positions himself to stay actively involved and continue calling plays on defense. Must leverage his expertise – the same expectation I'd have for a standout OC transitioning to head coach.

hahahaha….

I’ve always said, him at 5% or so of the cap is okay with me.

Rumors are Wilson will be had for $10-15 mil next season. Your boy Carr is next in line for a huge salary reduction. 

Yeah I was into Carr when he had that career year.  But i was out on him after that, when his play started to slide.  So when he became availlable the previous off season, I was against the idea.  Unlike Kirk, Carr fell off a cliff.  You got me why?  Kirk has had sneaky a good career, one of the more consistent of that 2nd tier group.

From what I read they are restructuring Carr's contract not giving him a paycut so in effect that will keep him in NO longer, ironically. 

• Thumb up 1

12 minutes ago, Enforcer_FFX said:

There are still guys out there like Frank Smith (Miami), Mike Lafleur (Rams). 2 guys who could leave to call plays and have full control of offense. And Brian Griese in SF 

If we could pry Frank Smith from Miami, because he doesn't currently call plays, I'd be elated.

He was on my short list for head coach.

LaFleur or Griese would be good options too.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 4

Was watching Parsons interviewed at the Pro Bowl, gushing about Dan Quinn, he came off a bit sad that he's gone. 

I watched Michael Irving yesterday suggest that Parsons and Quinn were so close that don't count him out to go to Washintong in FA when he's up.  Tough for me to believe though Dallas ever lets that happen.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

So... which two do we expect to be hired before we end up with the dregs?  Well, I mean the dregs of the dregs.

Everyone waiting for EB to do their In person interview.

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah I was into Carr when he had that career year.  But i was out on him after that, when his play started to slide.  So when he became availlable the previous off season, I was against the idea.  Unlike Kirk, Carr fell off a cliff.  You got me why?  Kirk has had sneaky a good career, one of the more consistent of that 2nd tier group.

From what I read they are restructuring Carr's contract not giving him a paycut so in effect that will keep him in NO longer, ironically. 

100% concede Kirk separated himself from likes of Derek Carr or that level of QB. He still doesn’t score enough points or throw enough TDs to warrant big time dollars, but Kirk is a good pocket QB. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wit33 said:

100% concede Kirk separated himself from likes of Derek Carr or that level of QB. He still doesn’t score enough points or throw enough TDs to warrant big time dollars, but Kirk is a good pocket QB. 

Crazy how durable Kirk has been up to this season.  Will see if he's the same though post ACL injury.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, RWJ said:

End of Fowler's tweet: "and Washington will consider talking with him."  Consider we might not even talk to Kelly.  Peters might have ties in knowing Kelly but he knows he needs to hit a homerun out of the gate with an OC.  There has to be another connection other than just Kubiak and the Kelly talk.  Anyone know who besides 9ers OC, Griese? 

washington-commanders-assistant-head-coachoffensive-coordinator-eric-bieniemy-walks-down-the-sidelines-during-the-first-half-against-the-arizona-cardinals-at-fedexfield-mandatory-credit-tommy-gilligan.jpg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, SkinsFTW said:

Teams have been turning it around in a year or two, yet we're supposed to be buy into another one of these 5 year deals?

Agreed.  We need to be where the Lions are by Year 3 (though I'll concede a playoff win season if not a championship game appearance).  I was just saying that if they brought in Kirk, they'd be admitting that they are prepared for a 76ers type of a "process".  I'm beginning to hate that word.