Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Just now, OtisDriftwood25 said:

I do wonder if negotiations were an issue with Macdonald and Johnson. Both seem to want big money and years. Will be interested to hear the final numbers on Macdonald but he got 6 years.

Also they might not wanted to come here period.

I am not one of the people here who will jump off a bridge if they hire Quinn.  Weaver seems OK.   

But neither excites me.  Atlanta interviewed like 15 guys. Washington's list seems much more narrow.  I'd love it if they opened this up some.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It might not be Quinn.  He's the one that gets the most buzz from the national reporters and local ones as to their interest albeit Finlay says he's heard Weaver is building some late momentum.

The talk seems to be no more interviews.

If so, they can hire any of these guys now.  What's the hold up?  I got no idea.  Hoffman speculated contract negotiation

But SIP with MacDonald and the owners, I think the owners are like a secret sorority group, Harris should know how much this guy was signed for and how many years, unless Harris is cheap, who the heck knows, he should know what the going rate is to lock down a HC if it's contract negotiations.  Just strange stuff.  Never seen anything like it via my last post.  

Edited by RWJ

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Schefter being the first to talk about them considering others.  I hope so

This is the only thing right now that would make sense. Reset, evaluate all options without worrying about other competition. Not ideal from a college player evaluation stand point, behind the curve somewhat, but still no need to rush at this point.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

But SIP with MacDonald and the owners, I think are like a secret sorority group, know how much this guy was signed for and how many year, unless Harris is cheap, who the heck knows, should know what the going rate is to lock down a HC if it's contract negotiations.  Just strange stuff.  Never seen anything like it via my last post.  

Harris is known for being the opposite of cheap with his hires.    If they aren't coming here if they are wanted I doubt its money.  But how about a bad roster.  Bad stadium.  Bad facilities.  no home field advantage.  There are plenty of reasons to say no to this team.

I suspect they weren't sure about Ben Johnson, plenty of evidence for that, so that might have been a factor with him.  As for McDonald I got no idea.  But Seattle IMO is a more attractive destination especially for a defensive minded HC.

5 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

I'd rather let this team draw up plays on the ground than have Quinn as the HC. Does that sound Petti Labelle? Yes and I couldn't give a **** less.

Choked on his one SB appearance, choked less than a month ago in the playoffs.

Dan Quinn would be high on my list.  For one....he made it to a Super Bowl and we can't get into the playoffs.  His defense didn't play well in the playoffs but they are at least in the big dance.  Plus they have dominated since he has been there as a defensive unit.

You have to remember that wherever he goes you also get Al Harris as well.  Very talented coordinator who appears to be able to teach, motivate and get guys to be productive.  Our defense would be light years better if we could land Harris and Quinn.

Also, I know how everyone wants Bienemy gone....but we all saw how well his offense worked with Jacoby at the helm.  I think Bienemy brings consistency and we need more coaches like that.  I would really think about bring Bienemy back and attempting to lure Bill Callahan back as well.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chris 44 said:

This is the only thing right now that would make sense. Reset, evaluate all options without worrying about other competition. Not ideal from a college player evaluation stand point, behind the curve somewhat, but still no need to rush at this point.

Agreed. What people are really upset or annoyed by are the optics, how this "looks bad" to the outside, or that Harris et. al look weak somehow. But optics aren't reality and also subject to change if things end up working out. And who knows, we might get lucky, even if we can't possibly know that one way or the other right now. 

• Like 5

Just now, Warhead36 said:

That sounds great but not having coaches at the senior bowl is definitely holding us back.

Boom.  That is huge too.  We need to put a coaching staff together.  You just don't use who we have here.  GM is usually involved in the hiring process but ours is down in AL.  Is the Advisory team and Harris the ones doing the searching for the HC and making those decisions with the GM not involved.  If so, that's some strange stuff.  Get a HC and let him have time to put his coaching staff together and usually the GM is involved in it.  This will come to an end eventually.  

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Also they might not wanted to come here period.

I am not one of the people here who will jump off a bridge if they hire Quinn.  Weaver seems OK.   

But neither excites me.  Atlanta interviewed like 15 guys. Washington's list seems much more narrow.  I'd love it if they opened this up some.

if you don't wanna come here you don't take the interviews

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TheBlueIndian said:

Have we really missed out on anything ? 

Harbaugh was never a reality here. Johnson & Slowik are staying put. So we didn't get Macdonald..big deal !

Still lots of competent coaches available and plenty of time to get it right.

Makes you scratch your head about Bill Belichick.  He's going to leave the game as the best coach in NFL history and he is sitting there available for the taking an no one is biting?

• Thumb down 1

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Harris is known for being the opposite of cheap with his hires.    If they aren't coming here if they are wanted I doubt its money.  But how about a bad roster.  Bad stadium.  Bad facilities.  no home field advantage.  There are plenty of reasons to say no to this team.

I suspect they weren't sure about Ben Johnson, plenty of evidence for that, so that might have been a factor with him.  As for McDonald I got no idea.  But Seattle IMO is a more attractive destination especially for a defensive minded HC.

I would agree about Seattle being a more attractive place and with MacDonald's wife being from here and her parents being Commander fans it makes it even stranger to me.  I guess it has to do with all the above but no one knows and we are all guessing right now.  It's odd. 

1 minute ago, Dexter said:

Dan Quinn would be high on my list.  For one....he made it to a Super Bowl and we can't get into the playoffs.  His defense didn't play well in the playoffs but they are at least in the big dance.  Plus they have dominated since he has been there as a defensive unit.

You have to remember that wherever he goes you also get Al Harris as well.  Very talented coordinator who appears to be able to teach, motivate and get guys to be productive.  Our defense would be light years better if we could land Harris and Quinn.

Also, I know how everyone wants Bienemy gone....but we all saw how well his offense worked with Jacoby at the helm.  I think Bienemy brings consistency and we need more coaches like that.  I would really think about bring Bienemy back and attempting to lure Bill Callahan back as well.

I'd trust EB more with a veteran QB than I do with a young one. And he did not get glowing reviews dfrom the players. Brian Greise is the Niners QB coach...I'd look at him based on the way he's developed Purdy. 

• Like 1

Peters may be a good or great talent evaluator but he got burned on this coaching search and will learn a valuable lesson.

I do wonder if the rookie QB class had anything to do with the decisions by these young coordinators to stay put. If there was an Andrew Luck or Peyton Manning level talent do you think either one would be staying at their current teams?

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Referenced he and other beat guys have heard enough on Bieiniemy from insiders (implying at that building) that he'd be shocked if he stayed as a coordinator let alone become HC.  the way he talked about that point, it came off like there are stories that haven't gone public.

Got it.  Keim has insinuated the same.  

I can’t imagine EB staying and he shouldn’t.  

The need to completely clean house.  I don’t think there’s one coach the really HAVE to retain.  Purge all of them. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

OK so maybe McDonald indeed didn't want to come

Wow!  The question is why.  I guess it has to do with what you stated (i,e., facilities, etc but like Johnson, why did MacDonald even interview?). Again, no one knows.  Heck if I know. 

Johnson and Macdonald both turned us down.

Quinn is getting a lot of hype but rather than move quickly with him, Schefter is saying we may reset the process.

It's obvious this process is not unfolding the way Harris, Peters, & co envisioned.

Whether the outcome ends up working out remains to be seen, of course. But I don't think the teeth-gnashing is unreasonable or unfounded.

Edited by CapsSkins
  • Like 3

Just when things can't get any worse w/ this down ridden franchise. Looks like certain guys had zero desire to come here. Can you blame them? Sub par practice facility, no home field, opposing teams fans take over your stadium and perhaps one of the worst rosters in the league.  

Peters and Josh look like of silly right about now. I think they felt they had a legit shot a Johnson or MacDonald and got neither.  Now they're going to get a younger version of Ron perhaps...  Dan Quinn..  smfh. 

Just now, Alexa said:

Just when things can't get any worse w/ this down ridden franchise. Looks like certain guys had zero desire to come here. Can you blame them? Sub par practice facility, no home field, opposing teams fans take over your stadium and perhaps one of the worst rosters in the league.  

Peters and Josh look silly right about now. I think they felt they had a legit shot a Johnson or MacDonald and got neither.  Now they're going to get a younger version of Ron perhaps...  Dan Quinn..  smfh. 

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

Wow!  The question is why.  I guess it has to do with what you stated (i,e., facilities, etc but like Johnson, why did MacDonald even interview?). Again, no one knows.  Heck if I know. 

Perhaps by interviewing with multiple teams you refine your interview skills, learn about the different teams, bargaining power if multiple teams are interested. Your number one destination ends up going in a different direction. Lose nothing by interviewing with multiple teams.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

3 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Perhaps by interviewing with multiple teams you refine your interview skills, learn about the different teams, bargaining power if multiple teams are interested. Your number one destination ends up going in a different direction. Lose nothing by interviewing with multiple teams.

Sounds like real life. Holy cow! Edit: Sarcasm not intended towards you. I think you nailed it.

Edited by mh86