Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Just now, profusion said:

I really thought the Commanders would be one of the first to hire an HC, not the last.

Very wacky offseason.

They're just waiting for the NBA playoffs to finish, then they can surely get their guy.

• Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Conn said:

I don’t see a disconnect, personally. I think Peters can be a great GM. But I’m most excited about his reputation as a talent evaluator. His ability to (hopefully) built a roster. I have zero information about him that leads me to believe that if you put him (a green GM) in a room with a new owner who has only been around Mike Tomlin, a basketball guy, and Spielman—I have no reason to believe that this experienced and well-meaning group couldn’t fall for the wrong type of candidate because they’re overvaluing the attributes they’ve decided are most important to them. It could happen. Wouldn’t mean I’m out on Peters at all.

In a GM centric model the GM's ability to hire a good HC is a big deal.  If he sucks at hiring good head coaches, it will unlikely be a good run here.

And if they are "overvaluing attributes" that's a fatal flaw to me, too.  

The typical argument (not from you) that I get against Quinn is his record.  That is, his record is this, case closed.  He had his chance.  So yuck.  OK.  I am not saying that take is wrong.  But its very basic.  If that precept is indeed correct and Peters can't comprehend something that basic and instead is falling for attributes he and his cohorts are overvaluing and hires a lemon coach -- if it were me I wouldn't give a rats behind if he has good drafts if we got that along with the subpar coach.  

So yeah if I felt that passionately that it would be a terrible hire, I'd be out now on Peters.  Look, its cool to disagree, clearly you do in this case.  But that's how I'd feel in that case about Peters if I felt that way, which I don't.  If I thought Quinn was that bad of hire and that's who they hire, I'd be already out on Peters. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Redwards said:

All I can say is he better get an OC that's equal or better than Kyle because our D won't be able to stand up to that in the playoffs.  We'll need the best damn OC in the league to carry the weight.  

If such a person exists they need to be the HC asap.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

I am actually really warming up to Frank Smith.  I understand he wasn't calling the plays, but I'm sure he is responsible for at least some of the success Miami saw the last two years on offense.  And he's also been voted the #1 most loved offensive coordinator by the players.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

I think it's time ol Josh Harris shows us what he's made of and decides he's gonna coach the team.

The Harbaugh brothers dad is still around? That could be the ultimate surprise.

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Maybe it's just coping, but I'm staying with my opinion that the only thing that matters on your team is the QB.  That's it.  From owner down to water boy.  As long as your team isn't a complete mess otherwise, which is why GM/ whoever evaluates and brings other players is 2nd most important.  

This coach search feels disappointing, but Johnson, Macdonald or whoever wouldn't make it very long if the rookie QB doesn't become great....of course a lot of that is up to the coach but sometimes I wonder just how much.  I think the great QBs are just born with it.  

Definitely a coping mechanism here, but I'm more worried about whoever we get at QB "has it" and less worried about the coach being a "leader of men" and all that. I do wish it would be an offensive minded coach for that matter but beyond that, I'm not crying over being the last team without a coach.

Edited by Dirt
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

You give a monkey a gun and he shoots someone you don’t blame the monkey, you blame the guys who gave him the gun. Quinn is who he is. He’s not an unknown.

Peters and Harris played this like amateurs. Supposedly, Harris is such an experienced owner in sports and he looks like a complete chump right now. Had multiple coaches turn down offers. Not a good look. 

Uuuum,....ok.

They're amateurs eh,....chumps?  Lol,...yeah, sure.  You, me and anyone else on this board don't know the real reason(s) why those coaches "turned down" the offers.

As I said earlier -- considering where the franchise currently is, I'm sorry, but it's not the most attractive job.  The CommandSkins are the dregs of the league.  It's going to be a lot of work.  It's not going to change quickly.

• Like 3
  • Thumb down 1

58 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

What did Sheehan say?

Referenced he and other beat guys have heard enough on Bieiniemy from insiders (implying at that building) that he'd be shocked if he stayed as a coordinator let alone become HC.  the way he talked about that point, it came off like there are stories that haven't gone public.

4 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I am actually really warming up to Frank Smith.  I understand he wasn't calling the plays, but I'm sure he is responsible for at least some of the success Miami saw the last two years on offense.  And he's also been voted the #1 most loved offensive coordinator by the players.

I liked what I've read about Smith but alas he wasn't interviewed and I get the vibe that they aren't interviewing more people but will see.

11 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Yeah, one interesting thing Schefter said at the beginning of the show was they "aren't quite comfortable" yet.

Do you or anyone else recall what show he was on?

I have youtubetv and I record everything on most channels. I'd like to see it.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Referenced he and other beat guys have heard enough on Bieiniemy from insiders (implying at that building) that he'd be shocked if he stayed as a coordinator let alone become HC.  the way he talked about that point, it came off like there are stories that haven't gone public.

Yeah, Schefter said on NFL Live, he didn't consider EB a HC candidate here when they talked about the 4 left on the interview list.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

12 minutes ago, sjinhan said:

same here.  Vrabel is not a bad result as long as he doesnt want all the power

I keep hearing people say that Vrabel was never on the list, because of personality clash of some king with a FO person that adam Peters has a good relationship with.  Only way he ends up here, is if Bill is the HC, I don't see that happening.

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If that precept is indeed correct and Peters can't comprehend something that basic and instead is is falling for attributes he and his cohorts are overvaluing and hires a lemon coach

Everyone seems to think either every one already hired is going to be a good coach, or at least the ones we wanted.  THe odds are much more favorable that everyone in the pool right now is a Lemon, and that it won't matter who we hire, because this team has so many needs in the locker room right now.  I'm trying not to think that pessimisticly, but my engineer analysis paralysis has thought this thought more than a few times.