Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Just now, sinews said:

If Quinn is indeed the hire, his tenure here very well may be defined by his OC and offensive staff (especially if they take QB at #2). We kind of know his track record of defense. OC is either going to soften the Quinn blow to the fanbase or exacerbate it further. I'm hoping he can at least put together a respectable staff and jettison EB for good. 

That's the million dollar question isn't it.  If they settle for Quinn, they HAVE to get a quality OC to surround the new QB with.  I'm already bummed that we're settling for a mediocre DC as our next HC, but he and the new FO better nail their coordinator hires, or this hire will not work out, that much I can guarantee.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

As an aside, I was looking at the SF coaching staff, Leonard Hankerson is WR coach. Damn I remember him being our latest saviour at WR back in the day.

Leonard Hankerson and Aldrick Robinson. The good old days...lolol

5 minutes ago, boston skins fan said:

Quinn by all accounts is a quality candidate and loved by the players and people in the know.  He's a leader of men from all accounts.  But he's being judged cause his aging quarterback started going down hill and his oc left for greener pastures.  People qlot smarter then me in football think he's a quality candidate so I'll trust the process.  

So far he couldn't convince any team to hire him, I wonder why ?

Just catching up and it looks like we're taking a beating. We might need Joe to come out of retirement for a third time. I don't know if this is anybody's fault but it is disappointing because you would like to hire the coach who is at the top of the list but not only did we not get that guy we also didn't get number two or three on that list. But who knows who was on Peter's list.

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Multiple insiders types have hyped Dan Quinn as one of the hottest candidates.  The fan base doesn't accept that.  But it’s true.  So if we are going with the "league" we should be more than jazzed if it’s Quinn. 

He’s so hot he got passed over by 4 teams in the span of a week including for Canales and Callahan. But don’t worry, he’s our number 1 choice. 🙄

• Like 1

1 minute ago, samy316 said:

That's the million dollar question isn't it.  If they settle for Quinn, they HAVE to get a quality OC to surround the new QB with.  I'm already bummed that we're settling for a mediocre DC as our next HC, but he and the new FO better nail their coordinator hires, or this hire will not work out, that much I can guarantee.

It is possible that EB stays as the OC. 

• Thumb down 4

How much damage could BB or MV do IF Peters did decide to give them a certain amount of control? We have SUCKED for 30 years, there are worse gambles than these two available guys. I hate BB but I want to win. He would give us a chance if the logistics could be worked out. Tom Brady was on Cowherd yesterday raving about BB, called him the best coach he's ever played for. Vrabel is a winner too.

Maybe Harris should bite the bullet and at least talk to him? We are now scraping the bottom of the coaching barrel....

I'll bet BB is hating watching Andy Reid winning year after year....he has a ton of motivation.

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Hopefully Quinn brings Al Harris with him from Dallas. He's an excellent DB Coach and could turn around Forbes.

Mentioned Harris early. Excellent DB coach.

We just need someone to force feed Forbes. Like the scene off Seven.

His name is Dan Patrick Quinn.  Three letters, seven letters, five letters.  

What's that a mirror of?  Joe Jackson Gibbs, that's what.

I smell nothing but All Pros and Super Bowls with this hire.  Am I into the whiskey cabinet early?  You decide.

Edited by Forehead
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, KDawg said:

It’s also entirely possible that they would hire Quinn because he’s the best of what’s left in their eyes.

Just because they aren’t dummies doesn’t make them immune to being boxed in and having to make what they perceive to be the best of an awful situation.

We’ll see. 

I think Weaver does most of the front work for the Baltimore D and he has a good rep and isn’t a retread. 

After him I’d rather hire Belichick.

Quinn is by no means DOA, but just as many are defending that move if it occurred and not listening to feedback, the same is the other way. I don’t think anyone will convince anyone. The only thing that can is time.

Quinn has been mentioned by Keim and Sheehan both whom seem to be the most connected to this ownership group as a hot candidate from the jump.  Red hot.

Heck I who didn't want Quinn -- not to the extreme extent that you and some others here don't want him -- but I mentioned him as a threat to Johnson from the get go.  I wasn't entirely convinced they wouldn't hire him even with Johnson in the running.  He seemed to be the clear at a minimum Plan B from the jump.  

Sheehan flat out said the same when Johnson was still in the running.  He said he talked to someone in the know that they loved Quinn's interview and if not Johnson, Quinn seems to be their next guy. 

There was a dude who works for the team trying to sell on Quinn on twitter a week or so ago.  Keim has been touting Quinn as a strong candidate here from the start.  We all posted all of that.

Our list wasn't their list.   My list isn't their list.  While I am interested on whatever people think about these guys.  I've been more interested in anything, to find any tidbit I can get as to what they think.

And I've been saying for weeks.  Not just today but for weeks it feels like what they are thinking is.

A. Johnson

B. Quinn

C. McDonald.

No way to know for sure but enough crumbs on that point to piece a narrative like that.  Only change seems to be the emergence of Weaver. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

1 hour ago, Stoox said:

Exactly this. And exactly why Quinn would not be "Rivera 2.0" if he is the hire.

Strikes me as weird that the whole fan base was delirious happy that they hired Peters, having complete trust in him. And now if Peters' first decision is to actually hire Dan Quinn, they'll freak out and commit hara-kiri.

This is because of Quinn's track record in Atlanta.  It makes the hire much harder to stomach if Peters goes that way.  Remember, Peters is trusted by most immediately in large part because of his innate talent for accruing great players.  His HC hiring acumen is a complete unknown and an all-together different skill set that hasn't been tested yet.  

It's just simply easier to go along with a complete unknown than it is to trust going with a .500 retread coach.  Doesn't mean that Peters isn't ultimately proven right or that us doubters even want to be proven right.  But I think it's very easy to see the logic in doubting him in this HC hiring area, that's all.  

Just now, KWilliamsAWinfield said:

I knew that would happen, I really wish Redskins would have hired Macdonald but I can understand why Macdonald went to the Seahawks since it is a less of a mess to fix than the Redskins

Maybe we didnt want MacDonald after the interview? Maybe what he was asking for did not line up with what we were prepared to give an unproven HC?

• Thumb up 2

Just now, zCommander said:

It is possible that EB stays as the OC. 

Wouldn't that be the capper to a Crappy offseason?  Please tell me you're joking.  I don't want ANYONE from the previous regime here next season, with an already lackluster HC in Dan Quinn.  Talk about a nightmare scenario.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

At this point if I wasn't satisfied with either Quinn or Weaver I might really roll the dice and consider a college coach.

I know nothing about college football, though.

Are their any college coaches that might be worth giving a shot: Deebo, Lincoln Riley, etc.?

Chip Lindsey ?

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

But I don't think Bob Myers, Peters, etc are dummies.  So if they hire Quinn maybe the players and people who actually know Quinn are right and all us people who don't know Quinn are wrong.  It's possible isn't it? :ols:

I am not excited by Quinn--to echo one of your complaints about last year's offseason--it lacks the sizzle. This whole process feels like my experience in HS: I am the one passed out in the basement while everyone else was hooking up. I will give Peters et al the benefit of the doubt. If I was excited about them last week, I can at least trust their judgement, even if I disagree with it. I know precisely dick about what they see in a candidate, or if that candidate will work out. We'll see...

...I just hope Ben Johnson gets an incurable foot fungus he transmits to the Lions whole team.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, rockluc said:

He’s so hot he got passed over by 4 teams in the span of a week including for Canales and Callahan. But don’t worry, he’s our number 1 choice. 🙄

He wasn’t going to Carolina lol

and Callahan is an offensive minded guy that they desperately need . I’m not huge on Quinn but come on man give this a chance . He either can be very good or fired , we waited to get Ben and it flopped .

Belichick and Vrabel should become relative now. I don't see any reason why you wouldn't talk to both of them. We can't have Quinn leveraging us for some ridiculous 6-year deal because he knows he's the only one left.

• Like 2

Weaver over Quinn is the move to show some balls at this stage. He’s clearly instrumental in the D that Macdonald is rightly getting praised for.

Much like the OL coach at Detroit. Let’s sniff around him too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

So far this off-season we're off to.... a start.

Got top notch consultants - Nice nice

Hired Peters - Awesome 

Stood up by the top coaching candidate - Not so sweet

Top young defensive coordinator - Off to Seattle 

Last team to select a coach - pure disaster 

Former GM's still hanging around the building - What the **** are we doing here????

• Like 3

Just now, JSSkinz said:

Belichick and Vrabel should become relative now. I don't see any reason why you wouldn't talk to both of them. We can't have Quinn leveraging us for some ridiculous 6-year deal because he knows he's the only one left.

I actually think Vrabel is an excellent HC. Doubts about how much power he got would crop up, right ?

• Like 1