Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

2 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

It's the Snyder stench/shadow, still hovering over this franchise like a toxic cloud. We'll get out from under it eventually but it wasn't going to happen in one offseason. 

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Multiple insiders type have hyped Dan Quinn as one of the hottest candidates.  The fan base doesn't accept that.  But its true.  So if we are going with the "league" we should be more than jazzed if its Quinn. 

No fan base accepted that.  Head over to the Seahawks reddit and sort by date and take a look back when Quinn was the favorite to land there.  Pure revolt.

14 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Same reason WE define the best draft prospects, the best free agents etc :ols:

There is a reason why I post McGinn's top 100 prospects, rated by NFL scouts.  It's because it beats the mock drafts and any of us too as to nailing the top 100 as to what actually happens in the draft.

I don't assume that i personally define the hottest draft prospects for the league.  It's about my personal opinion which is a different gig.

14 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

And Johnson was special cuz he just stayed home again. People have decided he displayed some character and behavioral flaw by "pulling out" but we don't really know the details. We have been painted a picture that he had some sort of obligation to make some apparently "timely" refusal rather than just whenever he chose to do it (we don't why he picked that time to do it) and we don't even know all the thinking behind why but some people have decided it too reflects some character issue like "weakness" or "insecurity." That's particularly interesting since no aspect of this lions org or anyone in it, especially working under Campbell, seems to suggest some character trait of "weakness" would work out well there.

🙂

i don't think it's necessarily a character flaw, but proper decorum says he shoulda made this known on monday or any time before peters and harris were in the air. since he didn't, he shoulda just gone through with the interview or met with them and told them face to face...they were gonna be there for aaron glenn anyway. i hope he at least apologized to them face to face.

Edited by xxprodigyxx

6 minutes ago, DarrellsMyHero28 said:

If Dan Quinn were the head coaching candidate that people seem to be talking him up to be, Seattle would have hired him.

I agree.  And he went to Salisbury State. Nothing good comes out of there.....

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Becuse people aren't defined by their record alone.  And its not exactly a train wreck either.  2 winning records.  3 medocre records. And a SB appearance.  and a bad start to his last season.  Not exactly a disaster.   He did this with the mighty Falcons an NFL powehouse :ols:

Pete Carroll was a 500 coach with NE-Jets.  2nd stint he was great.   Quinn did better than Carrol did in his first stint.   

I am a Yankee fan and when they hired Torre, yawn, his W-L record was nothing to be excited about. 

It would be one thing is this fan base echoes the league.  Everyone else thought Quinn was a mediocre joke.  But its been the opposite of that.  I recognized this for weeks even when campaigning AGAINST Quinn.

But I don't think Bob Myers, Peters, etc are dummies.  So if they hire Quinn maybe the players and people who actually know Quinn are right and all us people who don't know Quinn are wrong.  It's possible isn't it? :ols:

It’s also entirely possible that they would hire Quinn because he’s the best of what’s left in their eyes.

Just because they aren’t dummies doesn’t make them immune to being boxed in and having to make what they perceive to be the best of an awful situation.

We’ll see. 

I think Weaver does most of the front work for the Baltimore D and he has a good rep and isn’t a retread. 

After him I’d rather hire Belichick.

Quinn is by no means DOA, but just as many are defending that move if it occurred and not listening to feedback, the same is the other way. I don’t think anyone will convince anyone. The only thing that can is time.

6 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

From another forum:

"As a bitter Ravens fan, I'll offer this: he did slightly give me Brandon Staley 2.0 vibes. He has a meek, bland personality that I never thought would be a great leader of men.

He's definitely good at mixing coverages. I'm not sure how much credit he should get for the front 7 and the pass rush because Anthony Weaver and Chuck Smith are doing great work there. MacDonald basically dials up pass defenses and allows space to run the ball because Roquan cleans up any mess between the tackles. MacDonald's defenses got much better after the Roquan trade, but Roquan is an All Pro and Seattle doesn't have that kind of off-ball LB. He will have to focus much more controlling running lanes on 1st and 2nd down with Seattle than with Baltimore.

Lastly, the Ravens have built up an infrastructure that has given them good to great defense for the past 25 years (only below average defenses in regular season came during injury decimated years (such as 2015, 2021). This includes draft, development, talent eval, and coaching. I guess it remains to be seen how much MacDonald benefited from that or if he is capable of creating that infrastructure in Seattle."

It's like people who watch the NFL don't realize that MacDonald went to Michigan, turned an absolute choking nightmare of a defense (in terms of predictability, leaving guys exposed, etc. with Don Brown) to an elite unit that beat teams with NFL QBs and wideouts. Minter deserves the credit for the title for sure, but I don't know that I'd dismiss MacDonald's work because he transplanted that system to a non-Ravens organization and it excelled and eventually became historically good.

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Did they turn us down or did we turn them down?

Johnson has turned us down hasn’t he. That’s seems logical to me.

Macdonald less sure. Quinn has been pushed more in terms on a defensive minded option.

7 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I just wonder if Harris looks at all the fan feedback and is scared to announce Quinn or whoever.  Just seems strange.  I don't know.  We have to wait until the package is delivered.  It still on the Fedex truck.  LOL

Once everyone is off the market and you don't have the ability to deliver someone who will be embraced, this does not make a lot of sense.

Your gonna take the hit, just take it.

Ben Johnson (the F boy)) messed everything up with his shenanigans. If he knew he was going to stay with the Lions he should have mentioned that when they had the first interview. He strikes me as unprofessional and I wouldn’t want him as the coach of this franchise. At this point I would just go with Quinn and EB as OC. Im all on board with whatever Adam does. If the pick is Quinn I hope he brings in young assistants. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bifflog said:

No fan base accepted that.  Head over to the Seahawks reddit and sort by date and take a look back when Quinn was the favorite to land there.  Pure revolt.

Fans don't like coaches generally on the 2nd stint.  I am not arguing otherwise.  I am talking about league insiders, personnel guys from other teams.  Stuff that has been posted on this thread to death.

I'll just say if people think this FO is blowing it.  I can't see how anyone is sticking with Peters.  I'd bail now if I thought he was being won over by a clown potential head coach.

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Becuse people aren't defined by their record alone.  And its not exactly a train wreck either.  2 winning records.  3 medocre records. And a SB appearance.  and a bad start to his last season.  Not exactly a disaster.   He did this with the mighty Falcons an NFL powehouse :ols:

Pete Carroll was a 500 coach with NE-Jets.  2nd stint he was great.   Quinn did better than Carrol did in his first stint.   

I am a Yankee fan and when they hired Torre, yawn, his W-L record was nothing to be excited about. 

It would be one thing is this fan base echoes the league.  Everyone else thought Quinn was a mediocre joke.  But its been the opposite of that.  I recognized this for weeks even when campaigning AGAINST Quinn.

But I don't think Bob Myers, Peters, etc are dummies.  So if they hire Quinn maybe the players and people who actually know Quinn are right and all us people who don't know Quinn are wrong.  It's possible isn't it? :ols:

Ahh I get the whole SB run thing, but man 43 - 42 it’s hard to get excited about. It does reach a point where you are your record, I’ll concede perhaps we aren’t there with Quinn yet, but I’m not sure him heading up our rebuild is the platform for us to find out and for every Quinn there’s a McDaniels.

It’s definitely possible, highly unlikely imo, but possible. Believe me if Quinn is hired here, I would love absolutely nothing more than to be wrong, I want it to be the thing I’m most wrong about ever 😆

1 minute ago, kfrankie said:

I agree.  And he went to Salisbury State. Nothing good comes out of there.....

to be fair that's a chicken or the egg. if, after seattle interviewed macdonald the first time, they hired quinn, i could say "if macdonald was the coach we thought he was, seattle woulda hired him."

Quinn by all accounts is a quality candidate and loved by the players and people in the know.  He's a leader of men from all accounts.  But he's being judged cause his aging quarterback started going down hill and his oc left for greener pastures.  People qlot smarter then me in football think he's a quality candidate so I'll trust the process.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Fans don't like coaches generally on the 2nd stint.  I am not arguing otherwise.  I am talking about league insiders, personnel guys from other teams.  Stuff that has been posted on this thread to death.

I'll just say if people think this FO is blowing it.  I can't see how anyone is sticking with Peters.  I'd bail now if I thought he was being won over by a clown potential head coach.

I don't think he's a clown, I think he cannot take us where we want to go.  So, it probably takes us 2 coaches to get there then (which amounts to more time).  It's less than ideal, and it's maybe because they outsmarted themselves.

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

There is a reason why I post McGinn's top 100 prospects, rated by NFL scouts.  It's because it beats the mock drafts and any of us too as to nailing the top 100 as to what actually happens in the draft.

I don't assume that i personally define the hottest draft prospects for the league.  It's about my personal opinion which is a different gig.

Can you post the top 300 this year please, it will make my job as Vikings GM much easier in the ES 2024 draft thread…..

• Haha 1

Well, this has turned out to be a disappointment.  As excited as we were to hire Adam Peters a few weeks back, we're now on the verge of complete disbelief and shock at being reduced now to Dan Freaking Quinn as our only HC candidate.  I'm surprised that we didn't have a back-up plan for Johnson, in that we should've been casting a wider net than Johnson, Quinn & MacDonald.  I would've been okay with MacDonald, but they should've been more quick to the trigger yesterday in trying to swipe him from Seattle's clutches.  Quinn's inevitable announcement as the next HC of Washington will not be met with much warm welcome, and will probably put a damper into the upcoming offseason.  They need to nail the assistant coordinator hires, because if we do draft a QB at 2, and we don't have the best offensive mind possible guiding the new QB, this offseason will quickly turn into a disaster.

• Thumb up 2

3 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Johnson has turned us down hasn’t he. That’s seems logical to me.

Macdonald less sure. Quinn has been pushed more in terms on a defensive minded option.

Johnson turned both us and the Seahawks down. But some NFL people have said that had to do more with him not feeling ready. MacDonald had his last interview with Seattle after Peters had already left for the Senior Bowl, which would mean we already made a decision on who to hire or no way Peters leaves. Which to me means it wasnt MacDonald.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

I’m still excited. Everything’s new again and we were almost the worst team in the league this past year. I’ll take it day by day and hope for the best. If it’s Quinn then fine. No reason not to give that guy a second chance. Maybe he gets his QB in the draft and the rest will be history. 

• Like 3

If Quinn is indeed the hire, his tenure here very well may be defined by his OC and offensive staff (especially if they take QB at #2). We kind of know his track record of defense. OC is either going to soften the Quinn blow to the fanbase or exacerbate it further. I'm hoping he can at least put together a respectable staff and jettison EB for good. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, boston skins fan said:

Quinn by all accounts is a quality candidate and loved by the players and people in the know.  He's a leader of men from all accounts.  But he's being judged cause his aging quarterback started going down hill and his oc left for greener pastures.  People qlot smarter then me in football think he's a quality candidate so I'll trust the process.  

It's not you.... but I'm just so sick of this phrase....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3