Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

Would anyone be happy if we got Ben as HC and Aaron Glenn as DC?

Yeah, but how would that happen?  You can’t get Glenn from Detroit without giving him a promotion.

2 hours ago, HeHateMe75 said:

So, if we land Ben Johnson.  Who do you guys think would be the best fit as OC?  Are we to assume that it would be Ben's offense and he would call the plays?  

Rumor was that Johnson would most likely take his current OL Coach, Hank Fraley, with him to be his OC.  Yes, I would assume that Johnson would continue to be the primary offensive designer and play caller.

Summary of Keim on with Sheehan -

• Keim explains in person interviews are a bigger deal
  • Virtual interviews conducted with Johnson, Slowik, Glenn, Morris, Quinn, Weaver and McDonald
  • Quinn, Morris, expects Slowik for in person interviews
  • As to the in-person interviews for final 4 (playoff teams) expect Johnson, McDonald but he's not sure of Weaver and Glenn
  • He doesn't know of other names but definitely not any big name guys (assume he means Belichick/Harbaugh/Vrable) at this point
  • Some banter about how detailed these virtuals can be with coaches headed in to playoff games and suggested to more of a 'getting to know' you interview
  • The in-persons will be more detailed (staff, what schemes to run, philosophy, etc)
  • Keim said EB was on the staff so why not interview him more of crossing T's and dotting I's
  • Keim's best guess - Ben Johnson but not a strong conviction like he had with Peters
  • He hears good things about Quinn and Morris but again it's about best fit
  • People in league think its Johnson but Keim said this group has guys high on their list but not necessarily targeting one guy
  • He doesn't see the fit for Harbaugh (power struggle)
  • Eluded to Vrabel wants more power as well but Keim hasn't heard his name mentioned

Edited by HigSkin
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 9
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, RWJ said:

Oh my!  They need to be patient!  Wait it out, Peters and Harris and Co.  Other teams have waited until after the SB to talk to their candidates.  It can be done.  Peters is a tireless worker. He just got paid, big time I', sure to do the job of a GM.  Wait, start putting your F.O. together and jump on your HC once he is available.  Geezz!  

Why the freak out? You don’t think Slowik deserves an in-person interview? They’ve only Zoomed with the guy. 

1 hour ago, HigSkin said:

Summary of Keim on with Sheehan -

• Keim explains in person interviews are a bigger deal
  • Virtual interviews conducted with Johnson, Slowik, Glenn, Morris, Quinn, Weaver and McDonald
  • Quinn, Morris, expects Slowik for in person interviews
  • As to the in-person interviews for final 4 (playoff teams) expect Johnson, McDonald but he's not sure of Weaver and Glenn
  • He doesn't know of other names but definitely not any big name guys (assume he means Belichick/Harbaugh/Vrable) at this point
  • Some banter about how detailed these virtuals can be with coaches headed in to playoff games and suggested to more of a 'getting to know' you interview
  • The in-persons will be more detailed (staff, what schemes to run, philosophy, etc)
  • Keim said EB was on the staff so why not interview him more of crossing T's and dotting I's
  • Keim's best guess - Ben Johnson but not a strong conviction like he had with Peters
  • He hears good things about Quinn and Morris but again it's about best fit
  • People in league think its Johnson but Keim said this group has guys high on their list but not necessarily targeting one guy
  • He doesn't see the fit for Harbaugh (power struggle)
  • Eluded to Vrabel wants more power as well but Keim hasn't heard his name mentioned

You saved me the trouble 😎 I was going to summarize this and Keim's own podcast, listened to both this morning. 

to add a little.  He alluded to hearing the MOST good things about Quinn, and then alluded to Morris after that and wouldn't be surprised if they interviewed well.

Talked some about the ability to be a strong staff and wondered if someone like Slowik who hasn't been around as long could do it as well 

On his own podcast, mostly the same stuff.  Some additional things.

It won't be Bieniemy. 

Looking for a HC with leadership but also a clear vision.

Talked up Ben Johnson for adopting the system to the personnel.

Highlighted again the ability to add good assistant coaches which is something this team hasn't done well lately

Said talking to a personnel guy about what's a lesson about this playoff season and they go the running game matters. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 6

19 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Panthers podcaster, not sure how plugged in he is, but I'll post from wishcasting

Screen Shot 2024-01-23 at 12.47.38 PM.png

Fraley would do wonders for the O line. No idea how he would do as the OC though.

Edited by Chris 44

6 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Fraley would do wonders for the O line

One cannot beleaguer the importance of not only an OC, but an OL coach. If you don't have talent, they can make up for it and at least patch holes. And they can develop said talent. If you don't have either, and you have poor talent, you get what we got this year. Not saying that's on Bieniemy and whoever our OL coach was, but having a bonafide OL coach and hot OC candidate as our HC could/would probably enhance our OL as it exists now, let alone what it could be after a FA acquisition and a draft pick.

Jonah Jackson would probably rise up to the top of the likely FA signings if I had to guess. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

There is no way we make a decision without doing an in person interview with Johnson and possibly Macdonald as well.

Patience is a virtue...

Definitely. Back to the "rapid but thorough process". I'd guess they'll interview all of the four remaining people in person next week, as soon as possible, and make a decision. If their choice is going to the Super Bowl, they'll have an agreement in place. If their choice is not, they'll have a contract in place. 

Edited by SkinsNatsFan

7 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

So our in-person interview list is currently:

Dan Quinn

Raheem Morris

Bobby Slowik

Ben Johnson

Aaron Glenn

Would expect to add MacDonald to that list. Potentially Weaver as well.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

So our in-person interview list is currently:

Dan Quinn

Raheem Morris

Bobby Slowik

Ben Johnson

Aaron Glenn

Would expect to add MacDonald to that list. Potentially Weaver as well.

I get the feeling we are the bell of the ball and will probably get whatever coach we want.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

1 minute ago, Chris 44 said:

I get the feeling we are the bell of the ball and will probably get whatever coach we want.

We are getting Ben Johnson. That has been all the insider buzz, and even Carolina is now intimating their lead candidate is Canales and that Johnson to WSH seems a done deal.

To me, this is the offseason of Not Overthinking It. GM Adam Peters, HC Ben Johnson, Drake Maye at 2 overall. 

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

Just now, CapsSkins said:

We are getting Ben Johnson. That has been all the insider buzz, and even Carolina is now intimating their lead candidate is Canales and that Johnson to WSH seems a done deal.

To me, this is the offseason of Not Overthinking It. GM Adam Peters, HC Ben Johnson, Drake Maye at 2 overall. 

It certainly appears as if this ownership group is attempting everything it can to bring in the best of the best (or at least what is perceived to be the best) and doing it the right way with respect for the process and those involved. Feels pretty damn good to be a fan right now.

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

Weaver but not MacDonald is interesting. Perhaps MacDonald is expected to go somewhere else, or maybe they want to vet Weaver for a potential DC opening if they believe one of Johnson/Quinn/Morris will be the HC.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, FrFan said:

If Ben Johnson is our future HC, maybe we can get Anthony Weaver as our DC.

I don’t think so.  He is their DL Coach/Assistant HC.  Which is a higher position, a Coordinator or an Assistant HC?  Seems like he would only leave for a HC job.