Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

5 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

I hope so....

Very possible, HigSkin.  Tepper has ruined his reputation at this time.  It will take time to build trust back.  That's why I always thought it was a shoe in for Johnson to be our new HC and money wouldn't be the issue with Johnson but Tepper would and still think so.  

9 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

I hope so....

Will be extremely bad luck for him if this doesn’t happen and he gets washed out of two organizations quickly due to turnover, as a promising coordinator. Happened in DEN when Payton came in and could easily happen again in CAR.

I agree, hope they love him in CAR and that spot gets filled. One less suitor for Johnson. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 1

Fun fact: Drake Maye has been working this season with Clyde Christensen, a long time NFL coach including OC with the Dolphins where he worked closely with Assistant WR coach Ben Johnson. Johnson has cited Christensen as a key influence in his coaching journey twitter.com/cxlebjxstin/st…

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

I love Johnson's scheme and aggressive nature as a playcaller while also still mixing in good run-pass balance.

The question is if he has leadership and management skills but he is A1 hot sauce as an offensive mind.

• Like 6

If Johnson does get the HC job, we need a DC who is just as innovative on that side of the ball. I'm tired of DC's who are inflexible and try to put square pegs in round holes. Back in the day, when Gibbs was the HC, I knew they would make adjustments at half time if something wasn't working. I never had that feeling with JDR or RR.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, peanut0862 said:
Fun fact: Drake Maye has been working this season with Clyde Christensen, a long time NFL coach including OC with the Dolphins where he worked closely with Assistant WR coach Ben Johnson. Johnson has cited Christensen as a key influence in his coaching journey twitter.com/cxlebjxstin/st…

Pot calling the kettle, black!  Speaks volumes, if true.  Still have MacDonald #1 and Johnson at #2. Bring on Benjamin!  Already reported that OL Coach Hank Fraley will be coming as OC with Ben Johnson.  Maybe T.J. Barrett as QB coach or if Campbell lets him go, Mark Brunell.  Asst. WR Coach, Seth Ryan as the WR coach.  Don't know who off the Lions roster would be the RB coach as there is no Asst. RB coach or Running Game coordinator but I'm sure Ben has someone in mind already.  The System.  :)  

8 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I love Johnson's scheme and aggressive nature as a playcaller while also still mixing in good run-pass balance.

The question is if he has leadership and management skills but he is A1 hot sauce as an offensive mind.

Telling you with Johnson, he has the old school, smash mouth football scheme, with modern day wrinkles and twists in it too and he's still creating it.  He to me, is our modern-day Joe Gibbs.  With him bringing over Hank Fraley as his OC, we have our modern-day Joe Bugel back too!  Does anyone else envision the same?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Conn said:

Will be extremely bad luck for him if this doesn’t happen and he gets washed out of two organizations quickly due to turnover, as a promising coordinator. Happened in DEN when Payton came in and could easily happen again in CAR.

I agree, hope they love him in CAR and that spot gets filled. One less suitor for Johnson. 

I'm surprised Ejiro is not getting more attention as a head coach candidate, it must be something we don't know about because his recent resume seems phenomenal to me.

He was a big part of the rams outstanding superbowl winning defense, then a year later he was in Denver and despite the team being a total train wreck resulting in the termination of the head coach he had a very good defense and then in Carolina the exact same thing, first year there, complete train wreck resulting in the termination of the head coach, in season this time and despite that an excellent defense. 

On paper he looks incredible. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

If Johnson does get the HC job, we need a DC who is just as innovative on that side of the ball. I'm tired of DC's who are inflexible and try to put square pegs in round holes. Back in the day, when Gibbs was the HC, I knew they would make adjustments at half time if something wasn't working. I never had that feeling with JDR or RR.

Spot on, RVA!  Who that person is, I don't know but I have mentioned DL coach from the 9ers, Kris Kocurek but I've heard reports that he is happy just being a DL coach with the 9ers so hopefully Peters or even Ben Johnson has a dandy in mind.  I would love the Raven's DL coach Weaver but he will likely take over for MacDonald as DC when he is hired as a HC.   

I just read that Atlanta is pumping the brakes on hiring Bill Belichick. At one time it sounded like a done deal but now they are a bit concerned because no one else is showing interest in him. I don't think teams want a 71 year old HC.

26 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I get a good vibe about his leadership skills.  It's part of the reason why I prefer him over Slowik -- I have some concerns about Slowik on that front.  Reading about Slowik he comes off as a super nice guy but he doesn't scream leadership to me.

But with Johnson, heard good things from his players on that front.   Supposedly he's a great communicator, great teacher, coonnects well with players.  I've read many times how much Ben learned from Campbell about leadership-motivation.

The kicker for me was one of the national media guys who does NFL games saying he's around coordinators before every game and Johnson is the one in a different strata as far as his presence and ability to communicate.   He found him to be the best on that front.

I don't get the vibe that Ben Johnson is like Tony Robbins level motivational skills but I get the vibe that he's a B on that front -- but an A as a dude, A as a teacher, A as a communicator.

I get why so many think Ben Johnson and Peters are a package deal because reading about them both -- they come off profile as similar people. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I get a good vibe about his leadership skills.  It's part of the reason why I prefer him over Slowik -- I have some concerns about Slowik on that front.

But with Johnson, heard good things from his players on that front.   Supposdly he's a great communicator, great teacher.  I've read many times how much Ben learned from Campbell about leadership-motivation.

The kicker for me was one of the national media guys who does NFL games saying he's around coordinators before every game and Johnson is the one in a different strata as far as his presence and ability to communicate.   He found him to be the best on that front.

I don't get the vibe that Ben Johnson is like Tony Robbins level motivational skills buy I get the vibe that he's a B on that front -- but an A as a dude, A as a teacher, A as a communicator.

I get why so many think Ben Johnson and Peters are a package deal because reading about them both -- they come off profile as similar people. 

Yeah listening to him speak in press conferences he gives off a Sean McVay type vibe. Really smart guy, but communicates clearly and is just a really good teacher while being innovative with his scheming and playcalling.

Remember, McVay had a ton of hype too and he has lived up. We had him in our building and let him get away. Its time to go get the next one from someone else.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I get a good vibe about his leadership skills.  It's part of the reason why I prefer him over Slowik -- I have some concerns about Slowik on that front.  Reading about Slowik he comes off as a super nice guy but he doesn't scream leadership to me.

But with Johnson, heard good things from his players on that front.   Supposdly he's a great communicator, great teacher.  I've read many times how much Ben learned from Campbell about leadership-motivation.

I don't get the vibe that Ben Johnson is like Tony Robbins level motivational skills buy I get the vibe that he's a B on that front -- but an A as a dude, A as a teacher, A as a communicator.

Yep. That national commentator was Adam Amin. He is a sharp younger guy who is one of the best in the biz right now

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah listening to him speak in press conferences he gives off a Sean McVay type vibe. Really smart guy, but communicates clearly and is just a really good teacher while being innovative with his scheming and playcalling.

Remember, McVay had a ton of hype too and he has lived up. We had him in our building and let him get away. Its time to go get the next one from someone else.

He comes from a family of educators. The ability to communicate gets passed down

• Like 2

Just now, lavar1156 said:

What's the skinny on Brian Callahan?

I mean the Bengals offense actually didn't look terrible after Burrow went out. He made Jake Browning look good(I know, my wife made quite a few bets on him on Fan Duel betting on him and it actually paid off lolol).

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Was listening ex-GM Mueller on Keim.

He thought Ben Johnson was the best play designer in the league.  But when pushed for a 2nd fav candidate on offense he mentioned Callahan.

Ben Johnson is atop the list for me.

David Canales is a close 2nd.

Then MacDonald.

Then Slowik.

• Like 1