Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

6 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Good hire for them but I can just about guarantee you, Johnson told him, " I am not interested". Tepper is super fortunate IF he can hire Canales as HC, Tepper messes this up and fires Canales, before his contract is up, should he accept the HC position not many will want to work for him.  

Wait, was it reported somewhere that Johnson said that? He definitely did the first interview with Carolina. He can't do second interviews with anyone yet

Edited by ThatNFLChick

Just now, ThatNFLChick said:

Wait, was is reported somewhere Johnson said that? He definitely did the first interview with Carolina. He can't do second interviews with anyone yer

No, I would back up something like that with a post from a legit beat reporter.  I am just guesstimating that.  Tepper has big issues and to get someone to work for him is becoming more difficult as time rolls and he gets trigger happy firing HCs and GMs.  

19 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Interesting. I expected Raheem Morris and Dan Quinn, since they're already on the list of requests and out of the playoffs. I wonder how many makes a handful, and who they are. 

Edited by SkinsNatsFan
Moved my response down to where it should have been
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I'm sure they have their reasons plus an interview hurts nothing especially with someone already in your building. 🤷‍♂️

My goodness!

It also creates good will and people see and remember that. No reason to disregard him on the way out. Be kind and nice to people and things will hopefully be forever in your favor. 

I wonder if Eric Bienemy would allow Eric Bienemy to hire an O Co and not interfere. Eric Bienemy knows Eric Bienemy would never allow this.

3 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

It's no coincidence that the people who call into 106.7 are also the same people who want to see Bieniemy as the Head Coach. In this case, correlation and causation are the same.

I think the people I heard calling in this morning were not 100% on board with EB being HC but they were giving reasons why they could see it. As an example when you look at KC's offense it works. It can score points and it's back in the playoffs. What we don't know is how much was RR limiting EB? the OL was a disaster, Howell was 95% in the shotgun and very little under center for play action. Then it was mentioned how the offense looked different under the second string QB. 

Personally I could see if the team picked up Macdonald I could see the team staying with EB and fixing the problems. Maybe in his detailed plan he told them how he would do that.. IDK. I did hear that EB would call to many passing plays and Andy Reid had to call run plays every once and a while. So maybe have some sort of plan... flipping a coin or cell phone app that tells him when to run and when to call a pass play.. IDK. 

I'm not advocating for EB, I'm just saying I could see a situation where maybe the upper management might keep him. Not saying that would happen. Just an opposing view. I find it weird that the team brought him in during the last year to do the same job he was doing in KC. Also find it weird if he was so sought after that he would take said job knowing RR was pretty much out the door. Unless there were some promises or offers. The offense looked bad which makes him and his style look bad. If I were him I'd be pushing to stay as OC and fix the mess so that down the road other teams would pick him up as HC. Cause we all know their not calling right now unless its for the Rooney Rule. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 2

1 hour ago, ThatNFLChick said:

The Panthers offense was atrocious this season. Seems odd

While true, I'll always remember Matt LaFleur's offense as OC in Tennessee was ranked 27th the year he got hired. Sometimes the issues are deeper than the play caller. 

15 minutes ago, VRIEL1 said:

I think the people I heard calling in this morning were not 100% on board with EB being HC but they were giving reasons why they could see it. As an example when you look at KC's offense it works. It can score points and it's back in the playoffs. What we don't know is how much was RR limiting EB? the OL was a disaster, Howell was 95% in the shotgun and very little under center for play action. Then it was mentioned how the offense looked different under the second string QB. 

Personally I could see if the team picked up Macdonald I could see the team staying with EB and fixing the problems. Maybe in his detailed plan he told them how he would do that.. IDK. I did hear that EB would call to many passing plays and Andy Reid had to call run plays every once and a while. So maybe have some sort of plan... flipping a coin or cell phone app that tells him when to run and when to call a pass play.. IDK. 

I'm not advocating for EB, I'm just saying I could see a situation where maybe the upper management might keep him. Not saying that would happen. Just an opposing view. I find it weird that the team brought him in during the last year to do the same job he was doing in KC. Also find it weird if he was so sought after that he would take said job knowing RR was pretty much out the door. Unless there were some promises or offers. The offense looked bad which makes him and his style look bad. If I were him I'd be pushing to stay as OC and fix the mess so that down the road other teams would pick him up as HC. Cause we all know their not calling right now unless its for the Rooney Rule. 

EB was given a lot of power for a coordinator. He owned the practice schedule, etc. It’d be difficult to claw back those responsibilities and not have a power struggle with the new HC. I can’t see a new HC wanting that. Especially for a guy, as you allude to, doesn’t call plays that would compliment a defensive coach. 

I just don’t see it happening.

• Like 1