Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, DiscoBob said:

I'm horny for Zorny, let's bring him back - Maroon and Black crew 4eva!!!!

#SwingingGate

Agreed, this board is so cynical.  I think they should bring Dan Snyder in as G.M. as he has draft experience.  Bruce Allen can be his assistant.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

And Rivera is getting attention for a DC....somethings just shouldn't be believed.

I could see Rivera succeeding purely as a DC somewhere in the same way I could see EB succeeding as OC on a team with a good QB and offensive players. DC was a terrible situation for both.

30 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I don’t get the vibe listening to Keim that the players like Bieniemy.

As for Pierce the players clearly love hm. And I suspect he’s a good X and Os guy considering many have said he was a super smart caller of a defense when he played Mike LB. 

Campbell definitely a case of a leader type who isn’t a play caller 

That's the kind of establishment I would like to see here as you've seen me mention.  If Ben Johnson is up to is and he's been exposed to it, then let it happen.!  I'm all for it.  It's a culture that has succeeded with the Ravens and will succeed with the Lions and here too, if that's Peters and Harris's goal, I believe. :)  

Edited by RWJ

45 minutes ago, Conn said:

EB’s communication and leadership style has nothing in common with Dan Campbell, or Antonio Pierce even. Are you just lumping together guys who you assume yell a lot? EB has negative emotional intelligence, literally the opposite of Campbell (and Pierce). 

It’s clear you think they’re all just “old school” motivators. That isn’t at all why Campbell is successful. 

We heard what the players said about EBs offense and we heard what Ron said about the players, but I wonder if Harris asked EB about the players and his offense. Did they need a kick in the pants? What happened in these last 8 games? What could have happened differently do that your message was better received? Do you need a different type of player? Did you want to be more physical? If so why didn't you rub the ball? You said your were focused on mistakes in practices, that seems easy for a RB or a WR but how can you do fast practices and measure the mistakes of an OL? How did your respond to criticism from players to your system? How much criticism was there? Was it from just a few players or did it seem like the whole offense? 

Going forward, with what you know, would you coach all 53 players the same way you coached the offense this year? Or how would you coach them differently? And who would you coach differently? Continue? And I'd keep this going as long as possible. 

What I'm doing in these questions is interviewing him but also gathering information for myself about his scheme and our players - which ones like to be coached hard and which ones don't. And maybe some do, don't like certain phrases or certain jokes (like gay jokes or rape jokes so you have to not go there with them)

Then there's the whole thing forward, direction. Plan for QB. Plan for the offense, plan for the defense. And assistants?

What are you going to do with there's an argument with Adam. Adam is saying we need a LB and you want a WR. You're screaming at it the top of your lungs that this is your guy and Adam is saying no this guy is the game changer. Who wins?

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

Plus they do it with a mediocre QB. I don’t care what the stats say, Goff doesn't pass the eye test. Dude is mediocre and they are still doing well. 

Let’s put it this way. Goff put up great stats with Mcvay and Mcvay dumped him (and won a Super Bowl with his replacement). Goff is who he is. He’s ok. He can distribute the football well. He’s never going to wow you and make the kind of individual plays that can change the game. The fact Johnson can say he “improved” Goff over even the stats he had with Mcvay speaks volumes to his chops as an OC. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Going Commando said:

How do the Eagles connect to your take?  Sirianni came up on the offensive side of the ball and was a former OC.

They have lost several ocs and he is not the playcaller

23 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

The Ravens about to do something no team has ever done. The type of accomplishment it would be cool for our franchise to shoot for.

Hard to imagine any team could ever do something like this. 

Joe Gibbs: Hold my sweet tea!

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Thinking Skins said:

We heard what the players said about EBs offense and we heard what Ron said about the players, but I wonder if Harris asked EB about the players and his offense. Did they need a kick in the pants? What happened in these last 8 games? What could have happened differently do that your message was better received? Do you need a different type of player? Did you want to be more physical? If so why didn't you rub the ball? You said your were focused on mistakes in practices, that seems easy for a RB or a WR but how can you do fast practices and measure the mistakes of an OL? How did your respond to criticism from players to your system? How much criticism was there? Was it from just a few players or did it seem like the whole offense? 

Going forward, with what you know, would you coach all 53 players the same way you coached the offense this year? Or how would you coach them differently? And who would you coach differently? Continue? And I'd keep this going as long as possible. 

What I'm doing in these questions is interviewing him but also gathering information for myself about his scheme and our players - which ones like to be coached hard and which ones don't. And maybe some do, don't like certain phrases or certain jokes (like gay jokes or rape jokes so you have to not go there with them)

Then there's the whole thing forward, direction. Plan for QB. Plan for the offense, plan for the defense. And assistants?

What are you going to do with there's an argument with Adam. Adam is saying we need a LB and you want a WR. You're screaming at it the top of your lungs that this is your guy and Adam is saying no this guy is the game changer. Who wins?

The idea that you can imagine a hypothetical world where Bieniemy might need to reflect with a GM and various billionaires about the fact that he shouldn’t make “gay jokes or rape jokes” with certain players is funny because it both perfectly explains why you think he’d fail to be hired as a HC 14 different times, while simultaneously calling into question why you still waste brainpower and server space typing up scenarios where this guy is worth keeping as a coach. 

Edited by Conn

10 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

The Lions have 3 first round picks on the OL, an RB that went 1st round, a 2nd round pick at TE and a QB that was a #1 pick. 

Cant have a great orchestra without a conductor.

• Like 3

Bittersweet.  We have to wait another week.  Now, I hope Detroit upsets the 9ers.  GB almost beat them and should have.  Maybe, just maybe we can have a Detroit Rock City vs. Baltimore Inner Harbor Super Bowl.