Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

4 minutes ago, Veretax said:

Tres is probably the best veteran punter in the league, but he also has a high salary, if we are truly rebuilding, I'd not be surprised to see him move on either, sad though that be.

Have we all been snoozing at the radar? We are going to interview Antonio Pierce?  I know he made his name with the Giants, but he was with Washington first.

Now that would be interesting.

That’s the falcons HC search list.

6 hours ago, RWJ said:

I don't know.  I think Jim is of age that he wants one more run at the NFL and win a SB and then retire.  That contract that Michigan is offering is out of bounds!  Huge money for a college deal.

"Michigan has already offered to make Harbaugh the highest-paid coach in college football via a guaranteed six-year deal worth $11.5 million annually. There would be additional performance-based bonuses."  :drooley:

Jim Harbaugh remains engaged in contract talks with Michigan amid NFL swirl (yahoo.com)

The issue with Michigan seems to be around liability/indemnification language in the contract. Seems Harbaugh wants very broad indemnification for any further action resulting from basically anything he does or did.

Michigan quite naturally seem unwilling to give that. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MartinC said:

The issue with Michigan seems to around liability/indemnification language in the contract. Seems Harbaugh wants very broad indemnification for any further action resulting from basically anything he does or did.

This sounds a lot like someone we once had here in Washington. I wouldn't touch Harbough with a 10 foot pole. I don't care if he's a good coach. He has issues.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, ThatNFLChick said:

So both the Eagles and Cowboys keep their coach 

Sirianni hasn’t met with the owner yet; so he could still get the ax.

1 hour ago, MartinC said:

The issue with Michigan seems to be around liability/indemnification language in the contract. Seems Harbaugh wants very broad indemnification for any further action resulting from basically anything he does or did.

The fact Jim wants indemnity against future action, leads me to believe he’s guilty as hell and was probably behind the cheating scheme.

If Philly doesn’t make a change, the other 3 nfc east coaches are on the hot seat for 2024.

Edited by 88Comrade2000
  • Thumb up 1

18 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

This is exactly what happened with Doug Pederson, and Lurie wasn’t satisfied with his proposed staff changes (among other things, one assumes). Lurie went into his meeting with Pederson expecting to keep him. 

So anything could happen with Sirianni

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Conn said:

This is exactly what happened with Doug Pederson, and Lurie wasn’t satisfied with his proposed staff changes (among other things, one assumes). Lurie went into his meeting with Pederson expecting to keep him. 

Lurie is a bit of a loose cannon that at times gets bailed out by Roseman.  

If they fire Siriani, they will have fired 2 coaches who went to (and one of them won) the SBs within 5 years.  

8 hours ago, Conn said:

It's time for Ron to go back to his roots in Philly.  Position flex.  Buffalo nickle. Interesting but not important.  Be where your feet are.   And culture!  How can they resist that package?

Screen Shot 2024-01-18 at 7.28.15 AM.png

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Haha 8

2 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

I think I read the rules were no in person until Monday so all coaches had the same opp.

Ah, thanks. I was probably thinking in person because they were out of the playoffs.  Older rules, no longer in place.

https://www.hogshaven.com/2024/1/16/24040048/washington-commanders-coaching-front-office-tracker-ben-johnsons-virtual-head-coach-interview-friday

Washington Commanders Coaching/Front Office Tracker: Ben Johnson’s virtual head coach interview scheduled for Friday

Teams can conduct virtual meetings with coaches, and Washington has held two of those with Ravens Associate HC/DL Coach Anthony Weaver and DC Mike Macdonald. Teams can’t conduct in person interviews until January 22nd, so teams will have to wait to officially hire their new coach. Cowboys DC Dan Quinn saw his stock drop after the Packers embarrassed his defense, and eliminated them from the playoffs. He has an interview scheduled with Washington on Thursday.

The Los Angeles Rams were eliminated by the Detroit Lions, losing 24-23. Rams DC Raheem Morris has a virtual interview scheduled with Washington this week. Lions OC Ben Johnson is still in the playoffs, but he’s also in high demand for teams looking for head coaches. Johnson has an interview scheduled with Washington on Friday.

Edited by HigSkin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1