Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

2 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Interesting point by Arjun Menon about that Commanders are ranked #1 in cap and picks this year and how the Texans were in that same position last year.  

Texans are also in a great cap situation this year, out of interest. They could be a major player in FA.

Edited by Est.1974

Just now, Est.1974 said:

Texans are also in a great cap situation, out of interest. They could be a major player in FA.

yeah, he said the Texans signed a bunch of FA guys last year to 1 year deals

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

Texans are also in a great cap situation this year, out of interest. They could be a major player in FA.

That also projects similarly to us. Usually when a team has a load of cap space in any given year, it's because they have very few large contracts on the books. We are similarly positioned to have quite a bit of cap space next year, even if we spend big. And especially if we do a bunch of 1-year deals too. 

Currently we're at $75.5m this year and $133m next year. 

Moving as quickly as we did through the R1 of interviews, I'm surprised we wouldn't hear anything until next Wednesday. I know that's still within a 10-day window of opening the search, which is pretty fast, but considering how quickly we came out of the gate, that just seems like a long time from today to lock things in.

20 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I want someone that Peters hand picks.  Just me. :)  I hope that Harris and Co. give him that right.  They will have input but let him make the final decision.  

I hope he picks me, too!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Plus he’s black.

Doesn't matter still have to do the two interviews.  Didn't Dan Synder get a warning when he hired Rivera?  He thought because he hired Rivera, who was Hispanic, he didn't need to do a second interview with a minority candidate, which was incorrect.

2 minutes ago, philibusters said:

Doesn't matter still have to do the two interviews.  Didn't Dan Synder get a warning when he hired Rivera?  He thought because he hired Rivera, who was Hispanic, he didn't need to do a second interview with a minority candidate, which was incorrect.

From whats been posted it seems since it was in his contract it doesnt matter

10 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Moving as quickly as we did through the R1 of interviews, I'm surprised we wouldn't hear anything until next Wednesday. I know that's still within a 10-day window of opening the search, which is pretty fast, but considering how quickly we came out of the gate, that just seems like a long time from today to lock things in.

Yeah Wednesday seems way too late.

I think something could get finalized today with possibly an announcement of Monday. They won't announce anything during the weekend I don't think.

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah Wednesday seems way too late.

I think something could get finalized today with possibly an announcement of Monday. They won't announce anything during the weekend I don't think.

maybe not but leaks will happen no way this stays quiet until the official announcement.

4 minutes ago, boston skins fan said:

maybe not but leaks will happen no way this stays quiet until the official announcement.

Yeah I'd expect leaks during the weekend. There could even be an official announcement sometime this evening even if it would be during a Friday news dump, with a press conference scheduled for Monday or Tuesday.

17 minutes ago, skinsfan4128 said:

🤔 How long have you been sitting on this information?

Oh, wouldn’t you like to know? Let’s just say I have my ways. Our new front office should really talk to me about joining the scouting department. I’ve been doing some snooping and have uncovered that several potential draft picks this year are also black.

• Haha 2

The fans are hungry for a positive news and steps in the right direction and this ownership group knows that.  If they agreed or have chosen they're guy which is either the best in class or 2nd in class the fans will be pumped.  theyll want to get the news out to prove to fans tetering on following the team again that they know what theyre doing.  Its not like when danny boy leaked fossils name and the fans nearly rioted.  Peters and Cunningham by all accounts are 1 and 2

41 minutes ago, Conn said:

Patriots are a mess and insist on continuing to live in the shadow and dying culture of a fading legend. You can’t even create a legacy for yourself there because the greatest dynasty of all time just recently ended, and the fans are ruthless. Nobody with better options is going there. 

Interesting thought.  Kraft has been loyal as an owner, but he's had Bill and Brady equating 6 championships.  Not hard to support that level of success.  I wonder what his patience threshold will be now that the dynasty is over.  Almost feels like an unknown.  I doubt he's Tepper, but is he Rooney family loyal?  I'd guess if you've had previous dealings with him personally it may be a solid job to consider with complete control of ops...  Every seat in the league gets hot if you don't win. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Plus he’s black.

Mayo is black? Go figure.

We should fill the entire coaching staff with black women. In three years we'll have an entire round of draft picks to ourselves.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I really think we could be looking to offer Peters a more senior role than pure GM in order to get him through the door. 

Its already been said that the position is Head of football Ops - a position that could include GM responsibilities or have a GM report into it.

• Like 1