Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

3 hours ago, Ball Security said:

If we had a choice between McDaniel and Johnson, I’d have no problem going with Johnson.

In 1993 you would have gone for Norv Turner over what Belichick had done in 2 years in Cleveland too. Right?

Guess we will just have to see.

41 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Ok ok ok, I’ll play along.

Whats a HOFO?

Fo sex!

1C2EB3A4-506C-4563-9645-E932BD437BFB.gif

lol. Im with you I was thinking Hall of Fame etc, but I think it might be Head of Football Operations? which is a bummer considering I was hoping for today. I should probably just listen to the entire clip though.

Funny how Belichick lingering around now makes the national sports media think that if Dallas or Eagles slip up this weekend somebody's getting fired. 

I'd love it but don't think it's happening.

• Like 1

I’m seeing a lot of folks advocate for defensive coaches and quite frankly I’m surprised.

I think defensive coaches are fine head coaches. In most cases I think looking into them is incredibly intelligent.

Here, though? I have reservations. Why?

Well, we’re going to take a QB at 2 overall. You don’t want to hire a defensive coach, have the OC and QB have a good year together and watch the OC leave for a HC position.

A rookie’s development is too important to play around with hope.

We need our HC to be our OC and paired with our new quarterback for long term sustainable success…

The only reason I wouldn’t hire an OC as HC is if the offensive candidates aren’t remotely close in qualifications. I don’t believe that to be the case.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Funny how Belichick lingering around now makes the national sports media think that if Dallas or Eagles slip up this weekend somebody's getting fired. 

With all these current coaching vacancies and possibly more to follow, I can only imagine all the back door scrambling that's going on. But Im with you on the Belichik to the Cowboys or Eagles thing. 

1 minute ago, Chris 44 said:

With all these current coaching vacancies and possibly more to follow, I can only imagine all the back door scrambling that's going on. But Im with you on the Belichik to the Cowboys or Eagles thing. 

The thought of Jerry and Bill in the same room together though would be fantastic. lol

• Like 1

Honestly, I don’t want Bill anywhere near the Cowboys. With the ammo they have on that defense I wouldn’t be surprised if he made it to a Superbowl.

I know the shine on Bill has worn off this season. But I think the demise of his coaching abilities has been greatly exaggerated. 

• Like 2

Just now, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Honestly, I don’t want Bill anywhere near the Cowboys. With the ammo they have on that defense I wouldn’t be surprised if he made it to a Superbowl.

I know the shine on Bill has worn off this season. But I think the demise of his coaching abilities has been greatly exaggerated. 

It might make for a good Hard Knocks. lol

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

That’s very confusing. He was in the war room in 2017 and not involved in 2021?

I watched it and read the article after posting.  I don't think its clear one way or another.  But it definitely gives the vibe that Kyle was all over that pick.  I recall the articles at that time some of which suggested that Kyle preferred Mac Jones.  But between Kyle being in a sort of a co-partnership drill with the FO and being the dude running the offense -- I doubt that Kyle did.  The truth is probably somewhere in between where he was toying between those 2 QBs.  Peters didn't have the power to make the final call.

3 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Quinn is a really good defensive coach.  I'd worry more if they swapped an offensive minded coach with McCarthy.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I watched it and read the article after posting.  I don't think its clear one way or another.  But it definitely gives the vibe that Kyle was all over that pick.  I recall the articles at that time some of which suggested that Kyle preferred Mac Jones.  But between Kyle being in a sort of a co-partnership drill with the FO and being the dude running the offense -- I doubt that Kyle did.  The truth is probably somewhere in between where he was toying between those 2 QBs.  Peters didn't have the power to make the final call.

I agree. I just don’t like people picking what was good he was responsible and what was bad he was not. The 49ers are the number one seed in the NFC. He’s done a good job. Doesn’t hurt to work directly with Kyle to see what he looks for in players. It helped Kyle Smith here.

6 minutes ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

I agree. I just don’t like people picking what was good he was responsible and what was bad he was not. The 49ers are the number one seed in the NFC. He’s done a good job. Doesn’t hurt to work directly with Kyle to see what he looks for in players. It helped Kyle Smith here.

Regardless of my take on Peters, I 100% do no believe that he imposed Trey Lance on Kyle.  It makes zero sense.  Kyle the boy offensive genius who some say has final personnel control or at a minimum co-vote as to final personnel calls -- gets a QB shoved down his face from Peters of all people who doesn't have the authority over Kyle?

It's certainly possible that Peters liked Lance.  But the odds are zero that Kyle had no serious input on this.  

But regardless, every GM makes mistakes.  Many mistakes.  The 49ers roster is loaded.  Not because they are flawless decision makers -- people like that don't exist.  But because they have killed it on many decisions.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Quinn is a really good defensive coach.  I'd worry more if they swapped an offensive minded coach with McCarthy.

Quinn is a good defensive coach. But he can’t hold a candle to Bill, especially in a one game playoff scenario. The guy is a wizard. 

I also think that Dallas lacks the overall discipline/belief/focus to win a title. I think Bill would give them that. 

I agree they could upgrade McCarthy, but he’s been better than I think people give him credit for. Including myself. 

39 minutes ago, KDawg said:

A rookie’s development is too important to play around with hope.

We need our HC to be our OC and paired with our new quarterback for long term sustainable success…

Seems like the logical and obvious approach we would take. Hopefully so anyway.

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Regardless of my take on Peters, I 100% do no believe that he imposed Trey Lance on Kyle.  It makes zero sense.  Kyle the boy offensive genius who some say has final personnel control or at a minimum co-vote as to final personnel calls -- gets a QB shoved down his face from Peters of all people who doesn't have the authority over Kyle?

It's certainly possible that Peters liked Lance.  But the odds are zero that Kyle had no serious input on this.  

But regardless, every GM makes mistakes.  Many mistakes.  The 49ers roster is loaded.  Not because they are flawless decision makers -- people like that don't exist.  But because they have killed it on many decisions.

Yes and I also agree the top 2 rounds usually need to be signed off by everyone. Then the Hafunga, Warner, Kittle type picks are more scouting base with position coach input.

• Like 1

I was gonna add something similar. It’s weird how we’re trying to white wash the Lance debacle as a way to build Peters up.

Peters was surely involved in those discussions. The rumor was that Kyle wanted Mac Jones but then got persuaded into Lance. But really…who cares.

Adams Peters is a stud. We would be lucky to have him. I don’t care one iota about his involvement or lack of involvement in the Trey Lance deal. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Quinn is a good defensive coach. But he can’t hold a candle to Bill, especially in a one game playoff scenario. The guy is a wizard. 

I also think that Dallas lacks the overall discipline/belief/focus to win a title. I think Bill would give them that. 

I agree they could upgrade McCarthy, but he’s been better than I think people give him credit for. Including myself. 

I don't think McCarthy is good at game managing situations and have heard mixed things about his as a motivator and as to game preparation.

Quinn I've heard is a stud game planner, motivator and leader.

Belichick is no joke but not sure he's much of an upgrade over Quinn.   

I'll say this if bringing Belichick chases Will McClay away which I think is possible even if Belichick doesn't insist on personnel control because from what I've read there are specific personnel people he'd prefer to work with -- I'd drive Belichick to Dallas myself.

I don't McCarthy is good at game managing situations and have heard mixed things about his as a motivator and as to game preperation.

Quinn I've heard as a stud game planner, motivator and leader.

Belichick is no joke but not sure he's much of an upgrade over Quinn.   

I'll say this if bringing Belichick chases Will McClay away which I think is possible even if Belichick doesn't insist on personnel control because from what I've read there are specific personnel people he'd prefer to work with -- I'd drive Belichick to Dallas myself.

I lIke Quinn as a coach. Just like you see around the league, it all depends on the offensive coach you match up with him. He could be Robert Saleh or Demeco Ryan’s. Saleh has horrible offensive coach and Ryans has a coach touring for head coaching jobs.

1 hour ago, HigSkin said:

Oh you man of poor faith ! ;)

7b46a216418761d804c7838aaf5e9dd9.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Well the buzz in Philly Sirianni could very well lose his job without a win Monday.

Dallas is a lock if Boys don’t make championship game.

BB would actually be a good move for Dallas. He’d probably get them over the hump.