Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

16 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Another HC job open

Just went to Titans message baord and they are not surprised but think he can have success elsewhere. Glad to know we are not the only ones with some delusional fans (not saying everyone, if this does nto fit you then ignore), but more than a few were "surprised" "dissapointed" they did not get trade value from Vrabel. Just not sure how many people trade for a coach with a losing record the last 2 seasons - LOL  

22 minutes ago, MartinC said:

He's an ass. Just the way he carries himself and speaks generally. He's similar to his brother in that way.

In terms of actions as an example he threw a junior member of his coaching staff under the buss and refused to take any responsibility for the whole stealing signals thing. No way that junior staff member did that off his own bat, or that Harbaugh had no knowledge, but rather than hold his hands up take responsibility he allowed that staff member to be fired and declared his own innocence.

Is an investigation or trial set for them to look into this further.  They should, I hope!  Thanks for the input.  :)  

1 minute ago, goskins10 said:

Just went to Titans message baord and they are not surprised but think he can have success elsewhere. Glad to know we are not the only ones with some delusional fans (not saying everyone, if this does nto fit you then ignore), but more than a few were "surprised" "dissapointed" they did not get trade value from Vrabel. Just not sure how many people trade for a coach with a losing record the last 2 seasons - LOL  

He’s somebody I would want to talk to.  He’s always good for a game or two a year where his team just put coaches the other team and wins because of that.

Offensive guy is my preference. Im not as enamored with Ben Johnson, but let’s say it’s Ben Johnson/Bobby Slowik for me as 1/2 in some order. 

I think Dan Quinn and Vrabel might be 3/4 in some order.  Good coaches who probably shouldn’t have been fired and both had a lot of success, are still young and players LOVE them.  The question for both would be, what’s your plan for the offense?

I think right behind them would be the Ravens DC.  And I wouldn’t argue if he was slightly ahead. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, MartinC said:

He's certainly got a great track record. But I am not a fan of him as a person or the way he goes about his business. I would have a hard time warming to him as the leader of the football team.

Unless he brought winning here. Winning cures everything.

I don’t see the hype about Ian Cunningham . Feel like there’s better candidates , he seems like the Jason wright of GMs. 

And I’m not impressed at all by the bears. They’ll mess up somehow in the draft and FA and they’ll get rid of fields . Trading for Montez was dumb, he was going to be a FA and rarely gets 10 sacks a year.  Feel like he isn’t what we want and he had no real say with the eagles or ravens . His first year as assistant GM the bears spent money and passed on Carter shows everything I need to know about him. 

keeping there coaching staff right now also another mistake. 

Edited by Commander202
  • Haha 1

If I were Vrabel, I’d go to look at either NE or Atlanta.  Tennessee is kind of the worst job (even Carolina is better) out there.  They don’t have their 3rd round pick, have to play against Stroud, Lawrence, and Richardson yearly.  At least Carolina and Atlanta play in a crappy division.  

5 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

For now.

I have been the outlier from the beginning in this and I could turn out to be wrong, and I’m not getting the mortgage on it, but I think he agrees to reduced personnel duties and stays.  

I wonder if Vrabel doesn’t get a head coach job goes and joins him as the heir apparent…

2 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

If I were Vrabel, I’d go to look at either NE or Atlanta.  Tennessee is kind of the worst job (even Carolina is better) out there.  They don’t have their 3rd round pick, have to play against Stroud, Lawrence, and Richardson yearly.  At least Carolina and Atlanta play in a crappy division.  

For sentimental reasons he probably goes to NE. But Atlanta is a way better job IMO - just need to figure out QB but the rest of the offense is there and Blank seems like a good owner.

11 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Offensive guy is my preference. Im not as enamored with Ben Johnson, but let’s say it’s Ben Johnson/Bobby Slowik for me as 1/2 in some order. 

The reason why I prefer Ben Johnson over Slowik is profile wise he jumps more as a personality.  The same reason why I disagreed with you two off seasons ago when you pushed Scott Turner as a potential HC candidate -- I thought among other things his low key personality wouldn't feel much like a HC.

Slowik isn't billed low energy like Scott but very low key, mild mannered and not the most charasmatic dude.  Ben Johnson's personality is billed as much as his coaching style.

I am intrigued by Slowik but I do have some pause about whether he'd be a good leader of men.

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2023/11/16/23963127/detroit-lions-offensive-coordinator-head-coaching-candidate-nfl-network-ben-johnson

On Pelissero’s daily show “The Insiders” on NFL Network, he took things a step further, suggesting Johnson was not only a hot candidate for a head coaching job, but likely THE top candidate.

“Based upon the conversations I’ve had with a variety of different people around the league,” Pelissero said, “a lot of people begin the discussion with, ‘ok, it’s Ben Johnson and who else in this (hiring) cycle?’”

The rise of Detroit Lions offensive coordinator Ben Johnson

• woodyard_eric.png&h=80&w=80&scale=crop
    Eric Woodyard, ESPNSep 28, 2023, 06:00 AM ET

DETROIT -- It didn't take long for Amon-Ra St. Brown to realize Ben Johnson was different.

Ahead of the 2021 season opener, the then-tight ends coach was tasked with presenting red-zone installs in front of the entire Detroit Lions team.

St. Brown -- then a Lions rookie receiver -- had heard other coaches present strategies for first, second and third down situations, but Johnson's delivery stood out immediately.

"The way he's explaining the plays, the way he's detailed with how we've got to run these routes in the red zone, I just knew the way he was talking to us, it just felt different," St. Brown recalled. "I told one of my teammates, I forgot who it was, I was like, 'Bro, when Ben gets up there, he knows exactly what he's talking about, he's telling us what he sees in this play, what he wants us to do. There's no gray area. It's super detailed.'"

...While preparing his team to face the Los Angeles Rams in Super Bowl LVI, Cincinnati Bengals head coach Zac Taylor took time during a media session to praise Johnson.

"I've tried to hire Ben many, many, many times. He always just gets promoted to where I can't get him. [Lions coach] Dan [Campbell] knows that," Taylor told reporters. "I've always tried to find a place for him on staff, whether it's offense, defense, special [teams], it doesn't matter. He's one of those guys you want on your staff because he's brilliant."

...Campbell describes Johnson as a "chess player". He says Johnson puts a lot of time and thought into getting certain players touches and when to call plays, which, according to Campbell, is key in building the gameplan for the week.

"He can identify quickly things that, 'Man, I know I've got to be better here. I won't ever do that again. Man, if we play these guys again, this is exactly what I would do,'" Campbell said.

"He's got an answer for all of it in real time and the more he memory banks, he just keeps getting better and better and growing. And then even from the game-plan standpoint, putting players in the best position to have success."

...Players say Johnson's word carries weight around the Lions' facility because they see him logging long hours in the office -- and in the gym -- just like them.

"If he's saying something, there's a reason. I'm not gonna question what he's saying because I know he's up there watching film," St. Brown said. "I know he's spending hours in this building so when he tells me something, I'm not even second guessing. I'm like, 'OK, Ben said this. He's saying it for a reason and I'm listening to him.'

"There's no question. For me, I respect the hell out of that because I know he's putting the work in everyday, he's watching the tape, he wants to be great, and he's never satisfied. That's something that I really like about him, too."

With Johnson guiding him, Goff put together one of the best stretches of his career. His streak of 383 consecutive passes without an interception was recently snapped in the Week 2 loss to the Seattle Seahawks, but it marked the third-longest such streak in NFL history behind only Aaron Rodgers (402 straight in 2018) and Tom Brady (399 straight in 2022). Last year, Goff also posted the franchise's lowest single-season interception rate (1.2%) and touchdown-to-interception ratio (4.14) in a single season.

The former No. 1 overall pick highlighted Johnson's ability to communicate and listen as his biggest strengths, and said he's open to implement suggestions from players during the game.

"Constant communication and honesty. He's not afraid to check me and then not afraid to tell me I'm doing s--t right," Goff told ESPN. "We have a very open communication and relationship, where I can come to him, and vent and he can come to me and I can also go to him with ideas. Obviously, he's the idea guy, but if I have stuff that I think will work, he'll listen to everything. He's a great listener."

Entering last season, Goff and Johnson made a pact that they were committed to having each other's backs, through good and bad times, to build a winning culture in Detroit. They've stayed true to that and now have their sights set on helping the Lions win their first division title in three decades.

"He's not afraid to coach me and coach me hard and that's what I crave," Goff said. "I love being coached hard and I love getting feedback. He wants me to be great as much as I want to be great and it's fun to play for a guy like that."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38508867/the-rise-detroit-lions-oc-ben-johnson

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

In Atlanta he goes to another run-first roster with no QB….

Carolina has Tepper.  

Ick.

• Thumb up 1

11 minutes ago, Commander Adama said:

Whoever comes in can they please fix this monstrosity and give our man a proper statue?!

image.png.fa56426c0d7bf73a5c0c405bf808b770.png

They should have a bronze statue of the Superman leap to get us into playoffs against Philly.  But this JC Penny mannequin works too.

• Like 3

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Nikki from WP and Finlay just talking.  They both think Peters is their top candidate and believe he gets the job and takes it.

See my post below yours.  Makes sense.  Myers hired, friend with Peters, Harris though this through thoroughly.  Hat off the owner.  It's just a matter of time (tomorrow morning) before he's announced.  Not jinxing it for you either.  You can see it as well as other.  Interview at Harris's Miami home.  It's signed, sealed and delivered.  Now I hope Peters is enamored with MacDonald but probably not.  LOL. 

Just now, mojo said:

They should have a bronze statue of the Superman leap to get us into playoffs against Philly.  But this JC Penny mannequin works too.

No, they need to make a manny that looks like Taylor, similar to the one at Pitts Int. Airport and put the uni on it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

This is key.  They want their guy!  

It'll be interesting to see if Peters declines the interviews with others.  We'll know from that whether he's taking the job!

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

This is also something that Keim mentioned on his podcast.  He said he heard this directly from an agent who is representing on of these candidates (didn't say HC or GM) who told him its a great job opportunituy.

For the few Harris detractors, Keim has said multiple times that he's heard that part of the sell is Harris himself.  From what multiple reporters have said, Harris is already well regarded, charismatic and likeable in person and seen as trustworthy -- and to that point it was good that Harris kept to his word and didn't fire Rivera during the season.

• Like 11