Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Maybe, but it does not always goes down like that.  For example when Pace got the GM job in Chicago he didn't even interview Bieniemy even though they were together at KC.

Someone here awhile back said they read or heard somewhere that Peters and Ben Johnson know each other very well and go back with something in the past.

All this Peters is already our GM talk, feels like a jinx to me.  I know you said you don't believe in jinxing but I do....:ols:

Not superstitious.  What happens, happens.  There is always a plan, purpose and reason for things happening.  JMO and beliefs.  

8 minutes ago, Curtisp5286 said:

It’s possible, but who knows.  Knowing someone better doesn’t always mean that you like them more, lol.

Connections mean somethings but you could be right, Curtis. :)  

4 hours ago, spjunkies said:

Oh man, I completely screwed up your question. Apologies, let me see if I can find something on 2020.

I've never been good at multitasking lmao

There was no other candidate in 2020.

Remember we were led to believe Dan had a group of advisors. That was false.

Joe was his only advisor and Joe said to go after Ron.

Ron was hired on 1/1/20; literally right after the season ended.

35 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

But would they have not explained is, what QB they would have taken instead in those drafts? It started as a why you take a top 3 QB, look at Atlanta. Would have they been better to pick those busts QB I posted and wasted all that draft capital to move up? Coach might have got fired last year?

Are you purposely obtuse? Nobody cares about Arthur Smith, it’s merely an example of how failing to acquire a QB, whether it’s understandable or not, gets you fired. 

It. Does. Not. Matter. That’s the point you’re missing. They either never had the chance or never took the chance. Either way, heads rolled. 

We have the chance. It has to be taken. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 2

37 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Yeah, I saw a tweet the Chargers are like minus $74 mil and we're +$74 mil.  Polar opposites!

34. You might be thinking of New Orleans, who are 70mil+ over. 

LAC should really take a rebuilding year, but "cap hell" is nonsense, 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Conn said:

..Then the GM jumps in ASAP on the next round of interviews and has a major say in the final choice.

This makes sense. It was probably my Snyder ptsd creeping back in there for a moment. Dont worry, im on meds and therapy to resolve the issue.  :D

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

There was no other candidate in 2020.

Remember we were led to believe Dan had a group of advisors. That was false.

Joe was his only advisor and Joe said to go after Ron.

Ron was hired on 1/1/20; literally right after the season ended.

They interviewed Marvin Lewis. Seemed like a Rooney rule formality before he chased Ron.

3 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

34. You might be thinking of New Orleans, who are 70mil+ over. 

LAC should really take a rebuilding year, but "cap hell" is nonsense, 

Who they cut and still say they have around Herbert, though?  Do they even have any stars in rookie deals now that even Herbert has an extension?

1 hour ago, illone said:

head scratcher for sure. Ill wait until this all plays out, but definitely weird. 

The likely coaching candidates are busy in the playoffs and you can’t do in person interviews for 2 weeks until 1/22, for coaches employed by other teams.

Plenty of time to get a Gm in place and be there once interviewing starts.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Who they cut and still say they have around Herbert, though?  Do they even have any stars in rookie deals now that even Herbert has an extension?

They need to move on from Mack and Mike Williams, imo. Linsley is likely gonna retire. 

Plenty of moves they can make but I'm not going to spend a lot of time right now discussing what the Chargers should do. 

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

lol it was pretty predictable that if Harbaugh didn’t want to go to the NFL last year, it would probably be this year or the year after. He’s had the itch (and leveraged some nice raises to ignore it). The fact that they went full bore in the other direction and traded picks for Payton is hilarious, they just needed a placeholder. 

6 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

They need to move on from Mack and Mike Williams, imo. Linsley is likely gonna retire. 

Plenty of moves they can make but I'm not going to spend a lot of time right now discussing what the Chargers should do. 

I believe this situation is undersold, but I don't want to talk about it either.

I'm keeping trading for Herbert as a potential backup plan, but otherwise, good luck to them.

Him or Daniels in NYG would concern me.

Just now, foreverskins said:

Why? Even if you call Harbough a retread, he's the best retread out there

For once, I'd like us to take the less "sexy" route and take young, hungry talent rather than a big name guy - even if he's got a good track record.

Just now, Renegade7 said:

I believe this situation is undersold, but I don't want to talk about it either.

I'm keeping trading for Herbert as a potential backup plan, but otherwise, good luck to them.

Him or Daniels in NYG would concern me.

They're not trading Herbert and it's silly to even be discussing it. 

1 minute ago, foreverskins said:

Why? Even if you call Harbough a retread, he's the best retread out there

I don't agree he's better then BB.

Not that I'm banging down the door for either after hearing the options we are going after.

The point is we can do better then either of them.

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Ball Security said:

I think it’s a great sign that Peters is taking the interview after turning down others last year.

Harris kept mentioning “Head of Football Operations”. Should we be viewing this a synonymous to GM? Or will the HOFO be one layer up?

Can’t help but to believe we’ll end up with:

Adam Peters HOFO/GM

Ben Johnson HC

Drake Maye QB

*salivates and nods*

26 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

They interviewed Marvin Lewis. Seemed like a Rooney rule formality before he chased Ron.

Ron is a minority. We met the then Rooney requirements by hiring him. Don’t think the interviewing 2 minorities rule was in place then.