Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

49 minutes ago, Commander202 said:

Idk dude the things he done with Michigan and the SF 49ers last time it’s hard to argue. Either way he won’t be our next coach I do think chargers will get him. Ben Johnson will get total control in Carolina .

Ben Johnson passed on HC jobs last offseason.  I think he wants a good situation.  I’m not sure he would take the Panthers job.  Who knows though.

It kind of blows my mind that so many NFL teams actually do give “total control” to Head Coaches.  Both jobs are so big and these are such big $ organizations, it’s kind of crazy.  That kind of thing has been pretty out of fashion for a while in other leagues where it’s hypothetically easier to manage due to small sizes of rosters and staffs.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Curtisp5286 said:

Ben Johnson passed on HC jobs last offseason.  I think he wants a good situation.  I’m not sure he would take the Panthers job.  Who knows though.

I think panthers will give him way more money than any coach will be offered . Money and power will be a factor , I think any coach takes that . 

13 minutes ago, Commander PK said:

I’m liking the attitude from Cosmi 

Eagles down 24-0 LMAO

Same 

probably Ron best pick lol

18 minutes ago, Curtisp5286 said:

It kind of blows my mind that so many NFL teams actually do give “total control” to Head Coaches.  Both jobs are so big and these are such big $ organizations, it’s kind of crazy.  That kind of thing has been pretty out of fashion for a while in other leagues where it’s hypothetically easier to manage due to small sizes of rosters and staffs.

I don’t blame HC’s for wanting personnel control. Their success and failure depends on the make up of the roster. Plus it’s always the HC who gets the blame for a team’s poor performance since the HC is directly tied to the players and the action. Plus, aside from the owner, whose function and responsibilities can’t be assumed, the buck stops with the HC who has full control, and to them it’s important that the players know that.

Edited by BurgundyBooger

I don't think Harbaugh would want total control.  That need was colored by his experience in San Francisco.  He interviewed with the Vikings who definitely have a GM. He may want veto power on roster rather than actual selecting people by himself.  But I think it's pointless as I do not believe he's coming here at age 60.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

I don’t blame HC’s for wanting personnel control. Their success and failure depends on the make up of the roster. Plus it’s always the HC who gets the blame for a team’s poor performance since the HC is directly tied to the players and the action. Plus, aside from the owner, whose function and responsibilities can’t be assumed, the buck stops with the HC who has full control, and to them it’s important that the players know that.

I get why some people might want that power.  I’m just surprised that so many owners think it’s a good idea.

All the reasons you listed are not really different than what could be said about any other league, and it almost never happens in those sports.

1 hour ago, Ghost of said:

How would you have watched Harbaugh since his playing days unless you watched and closely followed the Big Ten?  As for cheater I'm going to dismiss that out of hand since both the covid dead period violations and the sign stealing are ginned up nonsense misunderstood or deliberately distorted. Compared to the practice of Saban and others who used to do oversigning and medical dismissals, pay players when it was illegal etc 

Meanwhile Jim drew heat from lloyd Carr about his criticism over academics and Jim has coached at two programs that actually have standards unlike many of his peers in college.  

And his teams play clean unlike how Spartans have had serious and even criminal assaults during or after games for years since Dantonio first coached. I may not like OSU but Michigan Ohio games are pretty respectful and clean. 

And the guy with the Niners seemed like he ruined that relationship being a liar and schemer himself. 

Clemson fans don't typically have a strong feeling about Harbaugh without it being entirely second or third hand and even then. 

So which Big Ten team are you a fan of? 

Dude.  He played for the Colts.  He was a pretty big deal in the NFL for a while. 

Sorry, I don't dismiss the cheating scandal the same way you do.  And I also am not talking about how he treats his players.  I made that clear.

I've seen way too many interviews over the years with both brothers where they've made enough comments that compile over the years to develop a heavy dislike for both of them.  If you disagree, that's why they call it an opinion.  Good for you.  I, however, cannot stand either one of those individuals, and, while both are very, very good football coaches, would not want either one as HC of this organization that just jettisoned itself of sleaze.

Again, if you disagree, that's fine.  I'm not trying to change your mind.  But for me, I've seen enough over the years where my opinion has solidified on them both.  

• Thumb up 1

I'll take Jim Harbaugh any day of the week to be the coach for this team. The guy is a winner. From Stanford to the 49ers to Michigan. I haven't really looked into the cheating or sign stealing, but you can't ignore three NFC Championship games and gotten to one Super Bowl in four seasons. The fact that Josh Harris looks up to the Ravens organization and likes the way they do things tells me he's going after Jim Harbaugh. I would like Johnson from the Lions but idk if we can get him. If Johnson is taken and we can get Harbaugh then you get him. We are all as fans are tired of losing,  this guy wins and can get us to be consistent winners and compete year in and out.

• Like 2
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

We can be assured that we'll soon be back on track with the sighting of Joe Gibbs next to Harris in the box today :D

Seriously, I know it's innocuous, but you have to wonder why Joe seems obligated to attend the home Cowboys games. 

18 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

Now that the season is mercifully over, when can we start interviewing GM candidates?

I have a feeling that this is going to be a lengthy process since some of our targets are currently employed on playoff teams. Could be after the superbowl depending on how things play out. As long as it took to get here its going to be as painfully hard being patient during this hiring process lol.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The one thing that we can all tell as fans is that leaks don't exists as before in the past.  Now the work, excitement and fun begin!  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Sounds like Harbaugh wants the Chargers based on a report I heard about an hour or so ago. That would give us a clear shot at Ben Johnson?

I'm also about Mike MacDonald from Baltimore as HC too.