Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

It probly doesn't mean a damn thing but I know Magic Johnson is part of the Dodgers ownership(?) and they've spent over a billion dollars in free agency this offseason. Gotta believe he's gonna be our biggest free agent recruiter this Winter. Magic is in to win.. and then tweet about it.

5 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

It probly doesn't mean a damn thing but I know Magic Johnson is part of the Dodgers ownership(?) and they've spent over a billion dollars in free agency this offseason. Gotta believe he's gonna be our biggest free agent recruiter this Winter. Magic is in to win.. and then tweet about it.

I agree.  He's your promoter and a good one at that.  Check out a partial list of his accomplishments.  Quite telling.

Magic Johnson’s Best Business Moves – VIBE.com

39 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Go get him for that price, Panthers.  

Why in the world do you care what the HC is paid? There’s no salary cap and that’s a drop in the bucket compared to team operating expenses and the wealth of our ownership group. What a guy wants to be paid should have no impact on whether any poster here wants a HC candidate or not. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Molding this team after the Ravens is not a bad idea.  They've been a model of consistency for a long time.  Can't wait for this season to be over probably the most important offseason to begin after last offseason

I rather we model ourselves after the team that won 3 titles in 10 years with 3 different quarterbacks than a team that won 2 in 30 years.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

18 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

I rather we model ourselves after the team that won 3 titles in 10 years with 3 different quarterbacks than a team that won 2 in 30 years.

If you're thinking of the Patriots and Belichick, I'm not sure what they've done since Brady left and getting Belichick would mean having the same coach-centric model they've got now.

Edited by NoVaSkins21
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Is the timing of this hire not going to hurt our draft process? They have to hire a GM who then is going to set a scouting department and then scouting and setting the board are going to have to be squeezed into such a narrow time frame. 

No, teams do this every offseason, there’s nothing unique about it. The GM (and possibly an assistant or two who comes along for a promotion) will come in with the evaluations from their previous team on his mind, deal with our scouts and their evaluations in year 1 until after the draft, and then rebuild the scouting department after that. Will be a more regimented process with a more hand-picked crew in future years, but offseason #1 is always like this when an organization hires a new GM. It’s really not a problem. The new GM will already have been scouting the current crop of prospects for years anyways, and already be in the process of organizing a big board pending interviews, measurables, and medicals. Nothing is set in stone that early but the evaluations are already deep in progress for these guys. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, BurgundyBooger said:

You want to model ourselves after a team from a bygone era (over 30 years now) instead of after a successful modern franchise? Does that actually make sense to you? 

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Anselmheifer said:

Is the timing of this hire not going to hurt our draft process? They have to hire a GM who then is going to set a scouting department and then scouting and setting the board are going to have to be squeezed into such a narrow time frame. 

Other teams do it with no issue and I’d imagine that they already have people doing draft and FO related intel work in preparation for next season, these people are rich and are going to protect their investment. Hell they may have an entire operation minus the big names in the works that’s just waiting for the go signal lol

1 hour ago, BurgundyBooger said:

That era is dead and gone.  It's the 2020's, not the 1980's and early 1990's.  You don't win that way anymore.  We need to get over the obsession with the "good ole days" and the Gibbs era.  It's now over 30 years since that era.  We need to zoom ahead into modern times, and model ourselves after the stable organizations of TODAY's league, not the league from 1985 or 1991.  The GM matters, the HC sure as hell matters, and the QB position is the most important role in sports.  We are 0/3 in that regard since 1991.  It's time to move ahead to this current century, and find our own Kyle Shanahan, Howie Roseman and Patrick Mahommes/Lamar Jackson/Joe Burrow.

Edited by samy316
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Patrick queen my number 1 target if he’s available 

7 hours ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Molding this team after the Ravens is not a bad idea.  They've been a model of consistency for a long time.  Can't wait for this season to be over probably the most important offseason to begin after last offseason

Actually love the idea and hope we give Joe Hortiz an interview . 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Commander202 said:

Patrick queen my number 1 target if he’s available 

Actually love the idea and hope we give Joe Hortiz an interview . 

if it's Hortiz as GM and MacDonald as a defensive-minded HC, you could bring on someone like Bill O'Brien or Josh McDaniels as OC and feel confident that they won't get poached for another HC gig down the line.

10 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

We beat the Ravens this year in the preseason championship game and broke their streak. It is the biggest win in RR's Commanders tenure.

It was a very special preseason, we can look fondly on that at the end of this season.  It wouldn't surprise me if Ron references it -- he is losing even the crumbs left that he's hung to about his "legacy" here.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

The scouts have done their own evaluations elsewhere which carries.  The amateur example of it would be like us on the draft thread spending time to watch players and we post on it but then switch to another board.  We'd have to repost our takes but we'd remember our takes on the players we like and why, etc. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The scouts have done their own evaluations elsewhere which carries.  The amateur example of it would be like us on the draft thread spending time to watch players and we post on it but then switch to another board.  We'd have to repost our takes but we'd remember our takes on the players we like and why, etc. 

Commanders scouts currently have Taulia Tagovailoa as their QB1. It's pretty easy because his brother is fire! :806:

I do think they will be at a slight advantage over teams already set up, especially like for the Senior Bowl. However I expect the GM and HC to be handled fairly swiftly and all the other assets to be in place, hitting the ground running before the combine etc...

Heck, this board would have drafted wayyyy better than the way the team drafted, especially last year! 

18 hours ago, RWJ said:

Here ya go.  It continues to grow:

Joe Hortiz + Mike Macdonald + Greg Roman +Jayden Daniels or Fields/Murray (Marvin Harrison Jr or Joe Alt included with this package) + trade for Malik Willis as the backup

=

A decade of winning football 

Listening to Keim and Bram's latest podcast.

Keim is reasonable and conservative in his takes typically.  And he's arguably the biggest fan among the media of Howell.

They both go they absolutely have to take a QB if they can get one of the top 2 -- its not even a debate.

I know Keim is a bit more reserved on Daniels because Jordan Reid from ESPN (one of their draft guys) in an interview with Keim said he woouldn't take Daniels top 5.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Listening to Keim and Bram's latest podcast.

Keim is reasonable and conservative in his takes typically.  And he's arguably the biggest fan among the media of Howell.

They both go they absolutely have to take a QB if they can get one of the top 2 -- its not even a debate.

I know Keim is a bit more reserved on Daniels because Jordan Reid from ESPN (one of their draft guys) in an interview with Keim said he woouldn't take Daniels top 5.

Then we have to take Williams, if he slides. I hope.  My take, but it all depends on who the next GM is and who and I hope from input from the HC wants to take.  

Edited by RWJ