Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

5 hours ago, profusion said:

I've long seen the Cowboys as a slightly more competent version of what Snyder was doing during the Vinny Cerrato era. Great at collecting talent, but not great at building a coherent team out of it.

I do wonder if maybe there are changes going on behind the scenes, because the Cowboys have started looking slightly more rational the last couple years.

Idk dude I just think they draft very well and make good low key free agent signings . 

Edited by Commander202

Not surprising that was the vibe, I would even go so far as to call it a pretty tough ask to get your locker room to not see things that way when everyone is obviously getting fired before the season even starts. I’m not one who thought this regime had a chance to impress Harris, they’re too different in approach and goals. The timing of the sale was just bad and unfair to everyone. 

How could you have good, productive energy in that building lol. That was Snyder’s final parting gift to this team and fanbase: delaying the sale enough that this craptastic season had to happen. The non-homers here knew this was about to be an ugly lost season. The real thing it says is how badly Rivera & Co. did in the preceding years. They stole their own present and future by failing so badly to build anything of consequence to win over a new owner. It was a tall order under Snyder, no doubt. But they failed, and that’s that. This season is merely the vigil before the plug is pulled. It was never going to be a great atmosphere, unfortunately.

Good for Sweat for escaping and getting paid. And it does say something that it feels different in Chicago, given that may also be a doomed regime. But they weren’t destined to be doomed like our current staff, they had a fighting chance—and they’re still fighting. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 2

19 minutes ago, Conn said:

Not surprising that was the vibe, I would even go so far as to call it a pretty tough ask to get your locker room to not see things that way when everyone is obviously getting fired before the season even starts. I’m not one who thought this regime had a chance to impress Harris, they’re too different in approach and goals. The timing of the sale was just bad and unfair to everyone. 

How could you have good, productive energy in that building lol. That was Snyder’s final parting gift to this team and fanbase: delaying the sale enough that this craptastic season had to happen. The non-homers here knew this was about to be an ugly lost season. The real thing it says is how badly Rivera & Co. did in the preceding years. They stole their own present and future by failing so badly to build anything of consequence to win over a new owner. It was a tall order under Snyder, no doubt. But they failed, and that’s that. This season is merely the vigil before the plug is pulled. It was never going to be a great atmosphere, unfortunately.

Good for Sweat for escaping and getting paid. And it does say something that it feels different in Chicago, given that may also be a doomed regime. But they weren’t destined to be doomed like our current staff, they had a fighting chance—and they’re still fighting. 

Yep. sale could have been finalized in April but Snyder raised it from $6B to $6.05B and then again delayed it because of the Email/Gruden Lawsuit.

It's why I think a coach like Johnson didn't move and same with Cunningham and Weldt as asst GMs. 

I'm guessing, but I the the HOG had a lot of things in place and ready to go, but Snyder had to **** this fanbase over just one last time.

• Thumb up 2

4 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Not that Ross Tucker (on The Junkies this morning) knows anything but he threw out Eagles Alec Halaby and looking to an indivision team that's had success and knows your competion.

Big time into analytics and I would take him in a second as our GM and would be a very happy man!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Conn said:

The non-homers here knew this was about to be an ugly lost season.

It feels like forever ago, but when training camp started, there was more buzz around this team than there has been in ages.  Perhaps it was the vibe, but I never expected it to be this bad.  My thought was another typical Rivera season, that could maybe swing the other way with some good fortune.  What’s wild to me

is this team has been relatively unscathed from an injury standpoint and still showed no signs of threatening to be a decent team.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It feels like forever ago, but when training camp started, there was more buzz around this team than there has been in ages.  Perhaps it was the vibe, but I never expected it to be this bad.  My thought was another typical Rivera season, that could maybe swing the other way with some good fortune.  What’s wild to me

is this team has been relatively unscathed from an injury standpoint and still showed no signs of threatening to be a decent team.

It’s definitely worse than most could have guessed, but there were those of us who were EB skeptics and thought the defense the year before was a mirage. I was one of those and thought this would be a wasted season until Harris could hire his own people. I never would have expected 4 wins and a shot at a top-3 pick though. No one expected it to be THIS bad, you’re right. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

All I can say is that if Harris makes Hurney a major voice in this organization, it - for me - immediately invalidates Harris as an owner.

And we're right back to being a joke.  

I simply cannot allow myself to believe that Harris - a self-described seeker of "the best people possible" would in any way allow Hurney to guide him.  This would be such a cruel joke on Skins fans.

3 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

What this says to me is that Hurney is trying to save his own skin from the axe that's coming.  Here's hoping he's fired with Rivera, Mahew, and the rest of the bunch

Why though? He's had good draft opinions. Howell and Herbert are good. So I'd want him around talking QBs. Maybe not as the final guy but why so much animosity towards him just being employed?

14 minutes ago, Redwards said:

All I can say is that if Harris makes Hurney a major voice in this organization, it - for me - immediately invalidates Harris as an owner.

And we're right back to being a joke.  

I simply cannot allow myself to believe that Harris - a self-described seeker of "the best people possible" would in any way allow Hurney to guide him.  This would be such a cruel joke on Skins fans.

Hey man, just trust whoever the new GM is. :ols:

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Hey man, just trust whoever the new GM is. :ols:

People are going nuts with this crap.The Commanders are going to flush out any trace of RonMart like a busted septic tank at FedEx.

Shen is most likely going to be the one leading the recruiting of the GM and there is zero chance he wants to be chasing dinosaurs around the building.

• Thumb up 1

I think the “trust whoever the GM is” thing is getting a bit carried away.

First of all, we’ve all been here long enough to know that’s a lie, no matter who gets hired.  Folks are going to armchair GM, **** and moan, etc. because that’s what the few of us who still care enough to follow this team do.

However, I think what that statement really means is that Harris and whomever he hires get a clean slate.  Most of us are confident that he will make legitimate hires.  I am not concerned that Ron or any of his folks will make the cut.  I don’t for a second think he’s leaning on Hurney about what to do next.  Give the guy some credit.  He’s not going to be a raging maniac, flipping over trash cans and telling Ron and all his hires they are trash.  I gather at minimum, he operates and treats people with class. 

I don’t place blind faith in any owner, GM, player or coach.  But I feel very confident that we will soon be a professional outfit.  

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 3

15 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I think the “trust whoever the GM is” thing is getting a bit carried away.

First of all, we’ve all been here long enough to know that’s a lie, no matter who gets hired.  Folks are going to armchair GM, **** and moan, etc. because that’s what the few of us who still care enough to follow this team do.

However, I think what that statement really means is that Harris and whomever he hires get a clean slate.  Most of us are confident that he will make legitimate hires.  I am not concerned that Ron or any of his folks will make the cut.  I don’t for a second think he’s leaning on Hurney about what to do next.  Give the guy some credit.  He’s not going to be a raging maniac, flipping over trash cans and telling Ron and all his hires they are trash.  I gather at minimum, he operates and treats people with class. 

I don’t place blind faith in any owner, GM, player or coach.  But I feel very confident that we will soon be a professional outfit.  

Yes. For me this is what it means to broadly talk about “trusting the GM” who currently doesn’t exist. 

It means moving forward with the understanding that even if I disagree in the micro sense with individual decisions, that I think in a macro sense we will be making hires and making decisions with the right processes. Meaning a normal, rational, NFL process not driven by an egomaniacal idiot behind the scenes. Maybe they’ll be innovative processes, maybe they won’t. Maybe they’ll be driven by a desire to be innovative, and will actually fail. All that matters is that people will be held accountable, and what doesn’t work will eventually be chucked in favor of the next legitimate idea. And they won’t chase mediocrity on purpose. That’s important as well. 

I certainly don’t think I’m going to like every decision made going forward. I don’t even know if I’ll like the upcoming hires. I will criticize and second-guess and backseat drive plenty. But I will do so knowing that the people making the decisions are operating from the right mindset—and if they fail, they will eventually be replaced with someone else who will have a chance to succeed. Normal fan stuff. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

However, I think what that statement really means is that Harris and whomever he hires get a clean slate.  

But they shouldn't get a clean slate. They should be judged on merit. If by clean slate you mean, "they're new, so we need to let them make some moves before judging" - Sure! Agreed. But we will agree and disagree with moves even if they are the best GM of all time. It's what we do. 

59 minutes ago, Conn said:

It means moving forward with the understanding that even if I disagree in the micro sense with individual decisions, that I think in a macro sense we will be making hires and making decisions with the right processes.

But this is an assumption. Probably a VERY ACCURATE assumption. But it's an assumption. And I know you know what assuming means.

I just can't even pretend to trust anything a non existent entity is going to do before the entity even exists. 

4 hours ago, Conn said:

I've said this to anyone who would listen... Lame duck season ahead. I was wishing for this season to pass as quick as possible. The only thing that surprised me is that they're going to be in contention for a VERY high pick as opposed to the early teens I thought they would get.

• Thumb up 1