Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: Washington @ Atlanta

zCommander

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

If they try to go run-run-pass they're going to work themselves out of this lead.

They should never go more than 2 first downs in a row running without passing on first.  EVER.  

They did it 3 times and the third one got stuffed, and all of a sudden, it's 3rd and long.  

Agree. Bad play calling. First half was great. Now we're not seeing the hot handed BRob. Predictable runs and then a slow developing play with guys 10-20 yards down field when you need 5 yards.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Yng Lady88 said:

luckily we have enough of a cushion where we can continue to kill clock and let the defense do their thing. would have been nice to at least go and get 3 on that last drive 

Yeah, this feels like one those "hope they run out of time" games...we need to score again

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

Agree. Bad play calling. First half was great. Now we're not seeing the hot handed BRob. Predictable runs and then a slow developing play with guys 10-20 yards down field when you need 5 yards.

I've been fine until that one 1st down play call.

Everybody clamors EB gets away from the run.  There he got away from the pass.  

Just now, Hdf561 said:

Look it’s going well right now so I’m trying to not be a jerk, but Sam has to throw the ball away…he can’t take these hits and survive a season let alone a career. 

If he doesn’t learn to throw the ball away I don’t know how long he is for this league 

As we get deeper in the season it’s becoming clear he’s a playmaker and it’s a both a blessing and a curse. I love how eager he is to keep the play alive, but he has to learn when to cut his losses. 

• Like 2

Just now, Conn said:

You aren’t even giving enough time to read and absorb what I’m saying lol, or addressing what I’m saying. I’ll bow out of this, I think I’m making a reasonable argument for my point but you aren’t interested in engaging. 

I’m reading it. You seem to think I’m full of **** and lying, which is odd. 

You do NOT give Atlanta a chance to double dip. You just don’t. Its not what I believe in. Especially because our defense stinks .

You just don’t like that I disagree. And that’s fine. You’re allowed to think how you want. No skin off my back. 

And mental gymnastics to defend Howell? Read what I said: Howell screwed up first down, second down was OL, third down was Howell. He should have taken the sack or run and went down instead of stopping the clock. It was stupid on Howell. Taking sacks there is better than clocking it in that situation. And yes, a throw away is clocking it. It’s stupid in my opinion.

So was the decision to push it in MY opinion. It was coaches over extending their team and not understanding the situation… in my opinion…

I told you that *I* would have run it. I can understand why some would try to push the envelope. I don’t trust the OL, Howell or the receivers enough to risk putting our D on the field in that situation. 

You don’t like it. Fine. You’re allowed to have a different viewpoint. I’m tired of talking about it.

This game is a decent example for why Chase being so high in pressure rankings is nice, but isn’t impacting games that often. They aren’t always pressures that cause an incompletion or negative play, and that has to be factored into the stats somehow for those stats to matter. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1