Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hamas Attacks Against Israel

Fergasun

5 hours ago, Destino said:

. The idea that misinformation was somehow always combatted and that Elon has changed everything simply doesn’t line up with my experience. Remember what went on a few elections back with Facebook? Remember when ISIS and Al Qaeda were distributing propaganda on major social media sites?

I do remember this, and as time went on it seemed Reddit and Twitter did a better job at least trying to do something about it while Facebook pretended because it fueled their growing number of accounts overseas to makeup for folks starting to drop it in the US.

With X backing off of seriously trying to keep up with misinformation and folks really catching on to how useless and pandering TV news ks, this is seriously not where I thought we'd be right now.  It's not a good place.

Edited by Renegade7

8 hours ago, Destino said:

agreed, but the number of people that have outed themselves as dangerous extremists is troubling. On one side you have people, mostly right wingers, proudly demanding Gaza be razed. On the other people that have decided that what Hamas did is good and just and a wonderful example of decolonization. 

It’s crazy to see people tell you that they view unrestrained violence as something to cheer on. 

I'm being at least a little Devil's Advocate, here. But not entirely. 

But I'll observe that over in the "Ukraine Invasion" thread, openly cheering for one side in a war seems to be viewed as acceptable. 

And no, I'm not claiming the two conflicts are completely identical. But there are some parallels. 

US puts Delta Force and SEAL Team Six on standby

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12617253/seal-team-six-delta-force-israel-hostages.html

I no longer have sympathy for the plight of the Palestine people who refuse to acknowledge their true enemy: Hamas. Hamas and Abbas has doomed them. Happy hunting Israel and to our own "Door Kickers" Godspeed to you both. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

You sweet Summer child. 

Hi, I'm Renegade7, and I'm suffering from a Chronic Debilitating Mental Disorder called "Hopelessly Hopeful".

I don't believe in World Peace, but if they can be pressured into sharing the land versus publicly maintaining status quo and making private phone calls not to kill too many innocent people, that'd be great.

make-a-wish-foundation-utah.jpg

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

We’re supposed to be smarter than this by now.  Do better.

19 hours ago, The 12th Commandment said:

I was skeptical of that too.  Right wing Indian tabloids aren't going to have a very moderate view of Islam.

18 hours ago, Destino said:

I had my doubts, as I said earlier I was waiting for confirmation. You should never be quick to trust anything unconfirmed in a war. I can’t help but note this says “beheaded” though. Were they not killed or were they not killed in that specific manner?The manner of their death matters little as there’s no acceptable way to cruise into town and murder 40 babies.

we shall see. Hopefully, it’s entirely false. 

18 hours ago, NickyJ said:

I hope the Turkish news organization is correct and that the reporter was lying.

Given the conflicting reports, I'll wait for a more reputable organization like BBC to confirm whether it's true or not that they went beyond simply shooting babies.

Right now, all BBC says is that children were killed in their homes, but no details about what manner it was done.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-middle-east-67050350?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=65257f82fd63b979e1accfb6%26Israeli general speaks of babies killed in kibbutz massacre%262023-10-10T16%3A44%3A50.290Z&ns_fee=0&pinned_post_locator=urn:asset:2e9e97d1-a79c-4219-81ac-c2509ceae7cc&pinned_post_asset_id=65257f82fd63b979e1accfb6&pinned_post_type=share

breaking news according to CNN:

Israel confirms they have found babies and toddlers decapitated 

Link:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/10/middleeast/israel-kibbutzim-kfar-aza-beeri-urim-hamas-attack-intl/index.html

Edited by tshile
  • Sad 5

It's inhuman. And it's a clear sign of what to expect when Israel moves in. Complete brutality. Gaza is a horrible place for a civilian to be stranded as it is now. It will somehow manage to be worse once it's a street war. I've seen people sitting smugly in their ivory towers on the other side of world saying that the whole attack is just what Israelis get for treating Palestinians like dogs, and that this is just a dog biting. I know people who are equally disturbing with how eager they are to raze Gaza to the ground because of what they've seen on TV, careless about the average person who had the misfortune to be born in the wrong strip of sand.

Something about the Middle East brings out the worst in people. It's scary how tribal people of so many different walks of life can get about a land that they'll never set foot in, and how even more tribal the people who do live there can really be.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, NickyJ said:

Something about the Middle East brings out the worst in people. It's scary how tribal people of so many different walks of life can get about a land that they'll never set foot in, and how even more tribal the people who do live there can really be.

I’ve often joked about how the further away from the crater of civilization you get, the more civilized people are. 

Im not eager for anything. But given we’ve entered mass decapitation of babies and toddlers territory, I’m fine with total destruction of Gaza and the West Bank. 

the civilian part sucks but that’s where I am. I realize plenty disagree, but I’ve always felt that people in those situations are complicit in some level of they are not actively fighting to regain control of their government/land. 

let it be known when you start decapitating children you will literally lose everything. 

16 hours ago, Gurgeh said:

Hamas has spent years digging surprisingly sophisticated tunnels throughout Gaza and building up fortified defenses. They're well armed with hand-held anti-tank weapons and drones from their Iranian buddies, and we know how effective those can be from Ukraine. There are relatively few ways for Israel to advance into Gaza, and Hamas has laid anti-tank mines across them. Given how much planning Hamas must have put into it's attack, it'd be foolish to think they haven't put in as much time preparing for an Israeli assault.

All that doesn't mean they're going to be able to stop the Israelis, but it's likely to be tough going and as usual it's going to be the civilians who suffer the most, especially as Hamas has a history of storing and firing weapons from residential buildings.

Friendly reminder that Israel has nukes.

4 hours ago, Chump Bailey said:

US puts Delta Force and SEAL Team Six on standby

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12617253/seal-team-six-delta-force-israel-hostages.html

I no longer have sympathy for the plight of the Palestine people who refuse to acknowledge their true enemy: Hamas. Hamas and Abbas has doomed them. Happy hunting Israel and to our own "Door Kickers" Godspeed to you both. 

I just said to Buzzette last night that I guarantee there are teir units already in the area that can go with 12 hours notice. 

• Like 1

Just now, tshile said:

the civilian part sucks but that’s where I am. I realize plenty disagree, but I’ve always felt that people in those situations are complicit in some level of they are not actively fighting to regain control of their government/land. 

How does a civilian population fight a terrorist group that controls the territory they live I. And has devolved the point of cutting kids heads off?

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

How does a civilian population fight a terrorist group that controls the territory they live I. And has devolved the point of cutting kids heads off?

That's been the challenge for a long time. What does the population really know about what's going on? What information has been held back from them? Airdropping messages has been tried with things like "We know that Hamas is using this school to hide missiles, get out of there before we blow it up", which also gives Hamas time to say it's a lie....and move those misses to a bunker under a hospital next.

****, you could airdrop supplies for the civilian population. Food, Medicine, Fuel..... and Hamas would take it from them while still not being the bad guys to a lot of that population. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

🤷‍♂️ 

but you do. 

I’m aware it’s not fair. 

2 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

well, that's something,

Also, it would be nice if Egypt told them where the tunnels to bring in weapons from their side are located, and help block those off. That would be a start since they'd never invite the people there who are trying to escape, a safe place to live in Egypt, even if Israel and the rest of the world paid to build them houses and schools and hospitals.

Egypt doesn't want the Palestinians in their country

Lebanon doesn't want the Palestinians in their country

Jordan doesn't want the Palestinians in their country

Iran doesn't want the Palestinians in their country

Syria doesn't want the Palestinians in their country

Saudi Arabia doesn't want the Palestinians in their country

But they claim to support the Palestinians. What they really support is using the Palestinians for their own ends. They are disposable to all those countries. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, tshile said:

🤷‍♂️

but you do. 

I’m aware it’s not fair. 

I didn't suggest letting an entire civilian population go into extinction because I didn't k own what to do, you did.

We have similar problem here in our inner cities, folks know who's the same folks Killin folks over and over again, but afraid to say something for they might get killed as well.

Situations like this need outside help, it's like saying Haiti and their civilian population should jus kick the gangs out themselves.  The cartels in Mexico are kidnapping people left and right and putting them in a barrels of acid to let it be known they're in control and no one else.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

Driving the news:

Since the Hamas attack on Saturday, Gantz and opposition leader Yair Lapid have called for the formation of a unity government.  

While Lapid demanded that the far-right parties be excluded from the security cabinet in the unity government, Gantz's only condition was to form a smaller ministerial committee that would run the war effort.    

Netanyahu hesitated for a few days and put forward his own conditions but slowly agreed to move ahead. 

Between the lines:

According to several reports in the Israeli press, the prime minister's wife Sara Netanyahu objected to the formation of a unity government, which made the move harder.     

But after reports about her objections emerged, Sara Netanyahu issued a short statement on her Instagram page on Wednesday calling for a unity government.

33 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

****, you could airdrop supplies for the civilian population. Food, Medicine, Fuel..... and Hamas would take it from them while still not being the bad guys to a lot of that population. 

im pretty sure this actually has happened. 

I believe medical supplies and basic needs were sent by boat, the boats were blocked from docking to deliver it, and when they finally let them in they took all the supplies and refused to let civilians have any of it

i seem to recall them accusing the red cross of smuggling weapons in the supplies

From @Cooked Crack ‘s post

According to several reports in the Israeli press, the prime minister's wife Sara Netanyahu objected to the formation of a unity government, which made the move harder.     

But after reports about her objections emerged, Sara Netanyahu issued a short statement on her Instagram page on Wednesday calling for a unity government.

so. I’m not familiar with how government in Israel works. But that seems odd to me

May have been Palestine land first after Israel moved there following the holocaust in '45. And what's going on to Palestinians is sad. It's cramped up there in Gaza and the West Bank. Densely populated. And they are victims. Let's get that straight.

THAT SAID, when you behead babies and children, and kidnap people against their will to be held hostage, that is not what a "non terrorist organization" does, I'm sorry. That's what ISIS does. That's subhuman, slime behavior.

I get it clones. You want to be free. You want human rights. Fine. But find a peaceful resolution. What is going on is just pushing things over the line, and overly provacative. You cannot expect a reasonable response. "Let's sit down at the table, I'm sorry I chopped your kid's head off." You will not get a rational response, I'm sorry.

"Israel is bombing civilians in Gaza. Israel is bad too."

Nobody is denying that. Hamas also locates themselves near civilian centers in order to "draw sympathy" when Israel fires off a rocket. Honestly it is very difficult to see a peaceful resolution anytime soon. Hamas poked the bear. Play stupid games...

12 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

I get it clones. You want to be free. You want human rights. Fine. But find a peaceful resolution. What is going on is just pushing things over the line, and overly provacative. You cannot expect a reasonable response. "Let's sit down at the table, I'm sorry I chopped your kid's head off." You will not get a rational response, I'm sorry.

Begs the question on if they even wanted a rational response based on where Hamas money is coming from.