Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

1 hour ago, No Nonsense said:

The Bears keeping Eberflus is potentially huge for Washington in their pursuit for Caleb Williams. Marvin Harrison Jr is definitely in play for the number one pick. 

They've fired their OC, though, which would indicate a complete reset for the offense and, thus, most likely a new QB in town.

1 hour ago, No Nonsense said:

The Bears keeping Eberflus is potentially huge for Washington in their pursuit for Caleb Williams. Marvin Harrison Jr is definitely in play for the number one pick. 

Totally agree ….Combine Harrison & Moore, TE Kmat (or however he spells it) and upgrade the OL (all the while keeping Fields) and Da Bears could be a force imho…. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

I gotta say, I’m surprised by this.  The offense was playing better down the stretch.  They fired the entire offensive staff.  I wonder if they have a plan on hiring a group of guys.  

I wonder if they already have their eyes on somebody who wants to bring in all their people on that side of the ball. Weird.  

Edited by Voice_of_Reason

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

The QB position isn't just the most important in football, it might be the most important position in all of sports... we finally have a natural way to draft 1 of the 2 best QBs in a class with 3 top potential options and we want to trade it away? We don't need more chances to pick the forbes and youngs and davis's of the world... we need a potential game changer signal caller. 

No need to get cute here, throw every football front office resource at vetting these kids and rank your best 2, you're getting one of them. 

Also, kind of feels like these two 2024 draft threads should be merged at this point right? 

Its makes perfect sense and it is the most important position, only, the best 2QBs in a class actually has yet to have been determined. The two best prospects preliminarily determined by the same people that failed to determine the best one just last year. And what else vaults the QBs up the full chart - a draft that is weak overall or specifically at other positions.

Ironically, its the most important position yet its taboo to draft 2 QB studs despite there being a high fail rate at the position.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Command The 414 said:

Totally agree ….Combine Harrison & Moore, TE Kmat (or however he spells it) and upgrade the OL (all the while keeping Fields) and Da Bears could be a force imho…. 

100%. Why would you dump Fields? You know what you have. Sure, get a new OC, design things to Fields strengths. Even get a QB coach, but then yes in the draft, you go and pick up Harrison. 

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, RandyHolt said:

Thank you very little. We see top picks flop every year yet those that said they ARE a top pick are never called crazy. Not only that, they should seek a career change far more often than they do.

Yet we sheep keep blindly following the experts who have a lower % of their picks hitting than Ron's win %.

My last post was mostly just a joke.... that said, I agree with your assessment that many evaluations turn out to be inaccurate.  The part that doesn't make sense to me is the relative value of hitting on a QB vs other positions.  If your base assumption is that our FO is only gonna get it right 25% of the time.... would you rather a 25% chance at getting a Josh Allen, or a 25% chance of a Jamar Chase?

If our scouts truly don't think any of the QBs are worth drafting.... OK.... adjust accordingly.... but you better **** well be certain, because it is rare to be in the position to even have the option of getting a top 1 / 2 QB....

Edited by DiscoBob
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

100%. Why would you dump Fields? You know what you have. Sure, get a new OC, design things to Fields strengths. Even get a QB coach, but then yes in the draft, you go and pick up Harrison. 

Bingo been saying this the last few weeks since he (Fields came back from injury) imho drafting another QB and trading Fields puts them back at least a year or 2 on a perfect scenario…. Totally agree with what you said 👆🏻

While I hesitate to post this... because any thought that isn't "DRAFT QB OMG!" tends to get criticized into oblivion...

I'm going to do it anyways:

I see the argument for a guy like Marvin Harrison, Jr.

Having a stand out, dominant receiver makes a big difference for any quarterback. They can make mediocre QBs look great. Receivers are an undersold aspect to making an entire offense tick.

I don't think THIS franchise should make that move. So no, I'm not saying to take Harrison instead of a QB. I'm just saying, I don't think it's all that crazy to advocate for a receiver.

I don't think talking about a trade down is crazy, either.

I think evaluating all possibilities is just plain old smart. And not just saying, "HA! NO!" when someone says it, but think through the positives of each move.

I've done that and I think QB is the move that makes the most sense for us, but I certainly won't be throwing shade at anyone who formulates a different thought. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Command The 414 said:

Bingo been saying this the last few weeks since he (Fields came back from injury) imho drafting another QB and trading Fields puts them back at least a year or 2 on a perfect scenario…. Totally agree with what you said 👆🏻

This might sound strange but think about this.  Remember when Pederson was stuck dealing with Foles as his QB after Wentz went down?  Did he turn around and design plays based upon Wentz's strengths and then foist it upon Foles? No. He designed plays that highlighted Foles strengths while getting the best out of his whole O unit.  And they won a Superbowl, in part because he was flexible IMO.  

So, when I look at the Bear's or any team for that matter, if you know you drafted a decent QB, you have to play to their strengths and put them in a position to win. And that means sometimes shaking things up.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

38 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

They will move away from Fields because after 3 years we know exactly who he is.  And what he is is an inconsistent quarterback who has amazing moments but you just can't count on him for 17 games plus a long playoff run.

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Dan Quinn probably goes there and the Cowboys get worse. It’s a great development.

Yeah I can live with that.  Just made me think maybe we moved down a spot in the job desirability pecking order.

1 minute ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

WTF?  He's been a great coach for them.

He's old. And it says he is probably going to stay in the org. 

That tells me it's more of a retirement than a firing. 

It says right on it he could stay in the org. 

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

He's old. And it says he is probably going to stay in the org. 

That tells me it's more of a retirement than a firing. 

It says right on it he could stay in the org. 

Yeah that's confirmed:

GDgQnNvbMAIV69h?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by Bifflog
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

Thank you very little. We see top picks flop every year yet those that said they ARE a top pick are never called crazy. Not only that, they should seek a career change far more often than they do.

Yet we sheep keep blindly following the experts who have a lower % of their picks hitting than Ron's win %.

News flash: top picks flop every year, yes—but non-top picks flop at an exponentially higher rate. 

10 minutes ago, Bifflog said:

Yeah I can live with that.  Just made me think maybe we moved down a spot in the job desirability pecking order.

Seahawks aren’t more desirable than us at all, anymore. Not to mention the bar is high to create a lasting legacy in Seattle. Their success is very recent and that fanbase isn’t remotely adjusted to being mediocre yet. The bar is so low to be loved by fans in Washington. So it’s a better spot with more resources and more ability to rebuild the organization in your own image…and the expectations are lower. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bifflog said:

There is basically a impending sale. Jody Allen is waiting until May 2025 to dump the team otherwise Washington state gets 10% of the sale. 

I’m not sure a job with new owner coming in is as attractive as one with the ownership in place like ours. 

• Like 1