Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

5 hours ago, MartinC said:

It cant be any longer than this last season seemed to go on for. The last 5 games really dragged - just not enjoyable at all.

Dropping 8 straight was suffering even for a Snyder team 

1 minute ago, HTTSkins said:

Dropping 8 straight was suffering even for a Snyder team 

Wasn't the last time we lost 8 in a row the foreplay to winning the SB just 2 years later? (during Gibbs 1st tour)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bowhunter said:

Wasn't the last time we lost 8 in a row the foreplay to winning the SB just 2 years later? (during Gibbs 1st tour)

From your lips to God’s ears! I am convincing myself we are on the way back 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, illone said:

Good call. I agree. 

also, did rick spielman really call drake maye a “poor mans trevor lawrence”?

if so 😂😂

After a rough rookie year where Trevor Lawrence had a PFF grade of 59 (1 point lower than Howell who finished at 60.3 this season), Lawrence has become a franchise QB. The past two seasons he has had a 77 and 79 PFF grade.  That is not elite, not even top 12.  But its much better QB than we have gotten lately.  When was the last time we had QB at that level?  In the three season of 2015, 2016, and 2017, Kirk Cousins had PFF grades of 74, 81, and 71.  So that is effectively the level Lawrence has played the past two years.  Decent QB, but still needs to take it the next level.

So no you don't want a poor man's version of that.

But Lawrence was considered the best since probably Andrew Luck.  Some may have had Joe Burrow from the prior years class ahead of Lawrence, but the consensus take was Lawrence was a slightly better prospect than Burrow.   So if he is a poor man's version of Trevor Lawrence as a prospect --that is fine.  Since Andrew Luck in 2012, I think Lawrence, Burrow, and now Caleb Williams made up the tier 1.   I suspect Drake Maye would be at the top of tier 2.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Rick on Maye (calls him the poor man's Trevor Lawrence):

Also the Rick Spielman takes are fun but I believe the only two QBs he had a hand in drafting were....Christian Ponder and Teddy Bridgewater so I'd rather he not be involved too much in that decision (and I don't think he will be)

Maye is more fluid that

2 hours ago, illone said:

Good call. I agree. 

also, did rick spielman really call drake maye a “poor mans trevor lawrence”?

if so 😂😂

I'll need to see a photo of Maye's girlfriend or wife before making a final decision here.

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

On 1/3/2024 at 2:46 PM, CapsSkins said:

Penix Jr is one Myles Garrett or Nick Bosa sack away from retirement. Don't see why any team would take that kind of risk in the 1st round much less top 10

Feel like this was more or less proven out tonight. If he got that beat up against Michigan, his body is not going to last against NFL defenses.

13 hours ago, philibusters said:

After a rough rookie year where Trevor Lawrence had a PFF grade of 59 (1 point lower than Howell who finished at 60.3 this season), Lawrence has become a franchise QB. The past two seasons he has had a 77 and 79 PFF grade.  That is not elite, not even top 12.  But its much better QB than we have gotten lately.  When was the last time we had QB at that level?  In the three season of 2015, 2016, and 2017, Kirk Cousins had PFF grades of 74, 81, and 71.  So that is effectively the level Lawrence has played the past two years.  Decent QB, but still needs to take it the next level.

So no you don't want a poor man's version of that.

But Lawrence was considered the best since probably Andrew Luck.  Some may have had Joe Burrow from the prior years class ahead of Lawrence, but the consensus take was Lawrence was a slightly better prospect than Burrow.   So if he is a poor man's version of Trevor Lawrence as a prospect --that is fine.  Since Andrew Luck in 2012, I think Lawrence, Burrow, and now Caleb Williams made up the tier 1.   I suspect Drake Maye would be at the top of tier 2.

I don't see how you can say a QB who is not even in the top 12 in his best seasons has become a franchise QB.  The love Trevor Lawrence continues to get is very puzzling to me.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

Feel like this was more or less proven out tonight. If he got that beat up against Michigan, his body is not going to last against NFL defenses.

Total agree, my thoughts too. Not at top 3 much later.

21 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I don't see how you can say a QB who is not even in the top 12 in his best seasons has become a franchise QB.  The love Trevor Lawrence continues to get is very puzzling to me.  

He has not been very accurate with the ball, misses to many open WR and easy throws.  Was supposed to take next step this year? No playoffs this year, poor play down the stretch.

1 minute ago, skinsfan66 said:

He has not been very accurate with the ball, misses to many open WR and easy throws.  Was supposed to take next step this year? No playoffs this year, poor play down the stretch.

Yeah. I was never as big on Trevor Lawrence coming out as everyone else was anyway, and I feel like people are afraid to admit he hasn't lived up to the hype at all. Even if we throw away his rookie year because he had an awful coach, his play this year has been uneven, he doesn't come off as a leader to me, seems disinterested at times and doesn't elevate the people around him. He's not a dawg.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rex Tomb said:

She’s got that “girl next door” vibe… cute but not absolute ten.

She has a will get him black mailed vibe involving the FBI then he will dump her for a Eastern European track star after she has his kid. That’s what 2nd picks in the draft do. I don't make the rules. 

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

This. Michigan's defense was pretty much equivalent to an NFL defense so it was a great test and Penix failed,  no doubt.   He's going to need extensive coaching to survive in the NFL.  

3 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Dat Hair fools em?

5CEwGE.gif.ebbb44ab527904502c78eddc09a18000.gif

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

This. Michigan's defense was pretty much equivalent to an NFL defense so it was a great test and Penix failed,  no doubt.   He's going to need extensive coaching to survive in the NFL.  

To be fair no other QB in this draft has been tested like that or played a defense of that caliber so they all may have failed also

2 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

She has a will get him black mailed vibe involving the FBI then he will dump her for a Eastern European track star after she has his kid. That’s what 2nd picks in the draft do. I don't make the rules. 

There's an alternate variety: Dump her for his mom's friend.

2nd overall picks are wild, and it can take them their entire career before they turn over a new leaf.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Haha 1