Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Kyle Pitts, Drake London, Bijan Robinson.  All college studs.    All good players.  Yet their offense sucks because they don't have a QB.   it's not rocket science and its relevant IMO to some of the discussion on this thread.

Surely you jest.  They signed the best QB of the last 50 years in the off season.  He beat Brady, Wilson and others.  He was great and he gave out Jordan’s to his teammates when they won.

The only issue is they dummy played Ridder for most of the season and then BENCHED! The almighty Hallock TWICE!!!

Next year they are going to ride Hallock’s water pistol to glory!!!

• Haha 2

Good short window into Maye's persona for those curious

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Surely you jest.  They signed the best QB of the last 50 years in the off season.  He beat Brady, Wilson and others.  He was great and he gave out Jordan’s to his teammates when they won.

The only issue is they dummy played Ridder for most of the season and then BENCHED! The almighty Hallock TWICE!!!

He has a lot of moxie!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Good short window into Maye's persona for those curious

He has a lot of moxie!

I'm getting jazzed about drafting Maye and signing Tee Higgins to a big deal to give him Higgins, McLaurin, Dotson and a mid-round TE to throw to with a revamped OL. Plus his former teammate and friend Howell to support him in the QB room. The situation is as important as the player and it seems like we could put him in position to really thrive.

• Like 1

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Maybe they take one later in the draft?

I see what you did there...

But nah, they need a rebuild, that means taking QB in first round, best prospect you can get.

That site jus tryin to start ****...

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yep Logan Paulsen gushes about the Atlanta O line every time we play them.  #5 ranked O line by PFF.   Atlanta in theory is a dream team for some of the theories I've read here.  They have the whole formula down.    And heck they've run this formula for a few years now let alone just one off season. 

Kyle Pitts arguably was the best player in that draft.  Some say the same for Bijan albiet he is a running back.  Drake was one of the top receivers.   High draft picks on the O line. 

You give a QB a generational TE, one of the best college receivers, the most hyped college RB since Barkey --- and also give them protection, then sit back and watch their success unfold.   😎

We just need to find our own Desmond Ridder and a veteran like Heinicke and surround them with protection and weapons and we will also find the promised land.  It's not so much about the QB but about finding the right pieces around them. 

And heck even if you believe that the QB is critical -- its no biggie because whenever you decide the time is right for the QB, they will appear.  With that logic, Atlanta should be SB bound soon. 

I think you need to give Atlanta a little credit for for not taking almost all the QB's they had a chance to take. 2020 they had the16th pick no chance, 2021 Lawrence, Z. Wilson, Trey lance, they had the 4th pick and took Pitts those to bust QB's were 2nd and 3rd.  Lawerence is having a not so no.1 pick in the draft, not to mention they could have taken Fields who they also passed on.  They picked 8th the next year 2022 (Londoun) I guess they should have taken K. Pickett the only QB drafted in the1st. rd. They had the 8th pick 2023 QB's Young, Stroud, A. Richardson. Looks more like they did a pretty good job to avoid the top overal and the 3rd. out for the year picks. So out of that who would have been better picks at QB? Stroud who would have cost a boat load and Lawrence who would have cost even more if they had the draft capital. Jet's, 49ers, Bears,Colts? Steelers,( Pathers have no 1st. this year that would be no.1) They all  F...up, The Falcons did not. They pick 9th this year, they stayed away from the busts the last 3 years had no shot at pick16 in 2020. Not to mention Pitts had a injury and lost a year. Maybe they get their QB this year? I can think of many who tried to build around a Top QB and failed or will most likely, Carolina being the latest.  

Edited by skinsfan66

Just now, CapsSkins said:

What does it change?

He could be a potential top-5 to later part of the top-10's guy. Doesn't change the Commanderskins' needs, but shakes up the draft board a bit.

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

Atlanta should trade for Fields. He's a hometown guy, young, and Chicago is probably moving on. 

They passed on him once, why would they? They have the ninth pick at the moment maybe they like one of fallers after staying away from the QB busts the last 3 years that they had a chance to draft. 

Soooo, apparently, the Pats have played pretty well against the Jets recently.

This is the title of the article from ESPN about the last time they played earlier this season.

Patriots beat Jets 15-10 to extend their winning streak to 15 straight over New York

Just now, actorguy1 said:

Soooo, apparently, the Pats have played pretty well against the Jets recently.

This is the title of the article from ESPN about the last time they played earlier this season.

Patriots beat Jets 15-10 to extend their winning streak to 15 straight over New York

There's a reason some of us have been looking at that game as a chance for us for a while.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

There's a reason some of us have been looking at that game as a chance for us for a while.

Yeah. Belichick isn't going to want to go out losing to the Jets whom he hates. Will hopefully make all the tiebreaker analysis moot.

31 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Should they have drafted Pickett instead of D. London? Traded up for Tre Lance,Zack Wilson, or drafted Mac Jones or Fields. Traded up from 8th last year to get Young? They could have done a lot worst and lost a lot of draft Capital. It would have cost the future to trade up big time even if they had the Capital to Get Stroud or Lawerence from were they picked. They pick 9th right now will they pick a faller or trade up? If they do they have a lot to work with then what they would have had.

2 hours ago, skinsfan66 said:

I think you need to give Atlanta a little credit for for not taking almost all the QB's they had a chance to take. 2020 they had the16th pick no chance, 2021 Lawrence, Z. Wilson, Trey lance, they had the 4th pick and took Pitts those to bust QB's were 2nd and 3rd.  Lawerence is having a not so no.1 pick in the draft, not to mention they could have taken Fields who they also passed on.  They picked 8th the next year 2022 (Londoun) I guess they should have taken K. Pickett the only QB drafted in the1st. rd. They had the 8th pick 2023 QB's Young, Stroud, A. Richardson. Looks more like they did a pretty good job to avoid the top overal and the 3rd. out for the year picks. So out of that who would have been better picks at QB? Stroud who would have cost a boat load and Lawrence who would have cost even more if they had the draft capital. Jet's, 49ers, Bears,Colts? Steelers,( Pathers have no 1st. this year that would be no.1) They all  F...up, The Falcons did not. They pick 9th this year, they stayed away from the busts the last 3 years had no shot at pick16 in 2020. Not to mention Pitts had a injury and lost a year. Maybe they get their QB this year? I can think of many who tried to build around a Top QB and failed or will most likely, Carolina being the latest.  

I think you missed the point of his post.

He’s saying they’re the perfect example of a team that built up the rest of the roster and kept waiting to insert the QB, and the QB hasn’t come. He’s not saying they should have taken one of them to force the issue—he’s saying they’re a great example of a team that never got the chance, and they stink because of it despite all the talent. Point being, the chance doesn’t come around all that often—you don’t spit in the face of that chance when you DO draft somewhere like #2 overall. You take the ****ing QB.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, Conn said:

I think you missed the point of his post.

He’s saying they’re the perfect example of a team that built up the rest of the roster and kept waiting to insert the QB, and the QB hasn’t come. He’s not saying they should have taken one of them to force the issue—he’s saying they’re a great example of a team that never got the chance, and they stink because of it despite all the talent. Point being, the chance doesn’t come around all that often—you don’t spit in the face of that chance when you DO draft somewhere like #2 overall. You take the ****ing QB.

You’re giving me way too much credit.  I was just taking a not so veiled shot at Hienicke and his hive.  

But all the stuff you said I meant I agree with.  :P 

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

You’re giving me way too much credit.  I was just taking a not so veiled shot at Hienicke and his hive.  

But all the stuff you said I meant I agree with.  :P 

Well, luckily I responded to his post quoting SIP, not you, so no risk of me giving you too much credit :ols:

1 minute ago, Conn said:

Well, luckily I responded to his post quoting SIP, not you, so no risk of me giving you too much credit :ols:

Well I didn’t notice that. 

I didn’t deserve the credit so it’s transferred to the much more deserving SIP. Who apparently I agree with.  

Edited by Voice_of_Reason
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, gooseneck said:

I just hope we do not draft a "generational talent" those one or two players who come out each year.  by the way.  How long is a generation?

Let's see Brady played for over 20 years and in that time the next potential Brady was born and was ready to be an NFL QB. So I say about 21 years. 

• Like 2