Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

17 minutes ago, El Mexican said:

I highly doubt that, bro.

Sam is RR project. Always will be.

The new regime wants to start fresh.

We all saw what El Dano did with Brad Johnson when he took full reins of the team.

Brad and Co. were coming of a very good season statiscally. He was the real deal and everyone knew it, including every other team in the NFL.

That's what I mean by politics. You just can't assume these guys are blank sheets of paper and will suddenly forget their loyalty to their former coach.

hopefuly the new regime is smarter than Dan

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

I could see Williams demanding to come here. Pulling an Eli Manning come home to be hometown hero.

Bears are probably taking Williams or MHJ. They probably have to take MHJ at 1 because if they trade down further then 2 Arizona will take him.

Nobody actually wants to play in DC. This isnt LA or Miami.

1 minute ago, REDSKINS STOMP said:

Wonder if Magic is using any of his deep LA connections to get into Caleb's ear and his representatives about what a great opportunity it would be for him to make sure he lands in Washington?

Now this I could see being a thing. DC has no real allure but Magic does.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

18 minutes ago, REDSKINS STOMP said:

Wonder if Magic is using any of his deep LA connections to get into Caleb's ear and his representatives about what a great opportunity it would be for him to make sure he lands in Washington?

Why would an owner be campaigning to a player about how great it would be to be drafted here when that player has no choice except for being the second 1st overall pick in NFL history to refuse to play for the team that drafts him?

Edited by NickyJ

6 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

They almost certainly stand pat and take Caleb Williams. 

People are going to waste a lot of time talking about a trade down that there is little chance of happening. 

Yep, I'd take +750 bets probably on that scenario if I wasn't so broke. Caleb is going 1.01, damn near lock, 90-95% chance of going #1. Only weird scenario in play I see is Jayden Daniels breaking the combine causing potentially him to go ahead of Maye, maybe even get rumored to go higher etc. But Williams to the Bears is basically as much of a lock as there is at this point. Slight chance they might trade down, but not out of QB range. Every Chicago based rumor I've heard is they love Williams, and that rookie deal he'd be on, Fields is already done with 3 of his 4 non-rookie option years. It's a no brainer. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Nobody actually wants to play in DC. This isnt LA or Miami.

Now this I could see being a thing. DC has no real allure but Magic does.

We are not LA or Miami. Williams is from DC which is are only advantage. The team has never been good since he has been alive. He may be interested in coming home with opportunity to fix this team.

Edited by Redskins 2021

23 minutes ago, REDSKINS STOMP said:

You want one of the new owners to dictate who the QB should be? Do you miss Dan that much?

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Why would an owner be campaigning to a player about how great it would be to be drafted here when that player has no choice except for being the second 1st overall pick in NFL history to refuse to play for the team that drafts him?

Elway did it too, so he would be at least the third.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

far from it.  Besides Manning there was also Elway and Bo Jackson, plus premodern NFL drafts

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

image.png.a63cc7b3f6ca801167de74e932966263.png

Assuming both us and the Pats lose we need 3* to maintain the SOS advantage. Pretty simple. 

I feel pretty good about the Raiders. Colts likely lose. Packers should win. We basically need the Saints to beat the Falcons and one of the other 4 should go our way. 

*Ravens have locked up the #1 seed in the AFC so they’re likely to rest starters which means Steelers have a shot 

Or the Patriots just beat the Jets and make it easy 

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Eli demanded to go to New York and his karmic punishment was 2 Super Bowls.

**If** the new FO decides Caleb is QB1 by a mile, they need to do a full court press to get Caleb to engineer a pick swap. Why else is Magic in the ownership group? Precisely for situations like this.

The RFK stadium site is less than three miles away from where Caleb went to high school.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

I feel like most of this should abe in the QB thread and comprehensive draft thread but maybe it’s nice to have it all in one place.

If we draft Williams or Maye, Howell should not be our backup. We should trade him even if it’s for a 6th. We need an established veteran QB that can help guide our QB in the film room, on the practice field, and help him navigate becoming a professional in the NFL. 

• Haha 1

If we draft a QB, we could have him sit a few years behind discount Russ who would come cheap since the Broncos will be paying most of his salary. Once we have the supporting pieces in place in a couple of years or three, a bruised and bloody Russ can limp aside for our fresh QB of the future to take over.

• Haha 1

Drunk Norvell talking - I am much more of a people person than an analytical person. And I always have to stop myself from liking the players here so I don’t get worn down when they leave unceremoniously (or worse). That said, I have also always wanted to root for a player that grew up here that WANTED to play here and WANTED to be that dude that brought it all back. And Caleb atleast seems like he could be that guy. All the right circumstances point to it being a possibility. 

But also - we have been burned before. I mean DAMN have we been burned before by this exact type of cat. I will remain more skeptical than hopeful. But if he ends up here maybe that will switch. Kinda hope it’s not something I have to worry about getting my hopes up over. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, BurgundyBooger said:

If we draft a QB, we could have him sit a few years behind discount Russ who would come cheap since the Broncos will be paying most of his salary. Once we have the supporting pieces in place in a couple of years or three, a bruised and bloody Russ can limp aside for our fresh QB of the future to take over.

The days of sitting a rookie QB are over, you want them in place ASAP to get full value from  the rookie contract for better or worse. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

33 minutes ago, zCommander said:

You want one of the new owners to dictate who the QB should be? Do you miss Dan that much?

I think you are misreading that a bit. Just try and make some helpful in roads with the guy, should the newly hired management believes Caleb needs to be our guy. Just try and get ahead of things if possible. 

Not claiming Magic needs to be demanding that Caleb is the guy. 

And no, I have never missed Dan, and never will.

Edited by REDSKINS STOMP

5 minutes ago, REDSKINS STOMP said:

I think you are misreading that a bit. Just try and make some helpful in roads with the guy, should the newly hired management believes Caleb needs to be our guy. Just try and get ahead of things if possible. 

No not misreading at all. It should be the GM and the coach who should have a final say. The owner(s) needs to worry about getting a new stadium and such instead and not worry about making inroads with one of the QB in the draft. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

The days of sitting a rookie QB are over, you want them in place ASAP to get full value from  the rookie contract for better or worse. 

Sink or swim doesn’t work unless you have the proper safety nets in place. You start a rookie when you can properly protect him and until we have the pieces in place to do that, you don’t start a rookie qb.

Edited by BurgundyBooger