Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

40 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I would unless we recoup draft capital by other means. A move up from 3/4 to 1/2 is costly.

Using the draft value chart it would take #4, #36, #68 and were still short on trade value.  We have a ton of holes and trade ups have not worked well in recent history. It does too much damage to the ability to build a team, especially if the guy you take isn’t a world beater.

We’ll see. I’ll let it play out before landing too hard on an opinion.

I think it would probably be worse than that to go to #1. You’d have to pay the QB1 1st overall pick up charge. 

Still, if they think that Caleb Williams is Mahommes, Drake Maye is Trevor Lawrence and Daniel’s is a project, it may be worth the tax. 

It’s at least nice to Be in striking distance and have our options open. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

I think it would probably be worse than that to go to #1. You’d have to pay the QB1 1st overall pick up charge. 

Still, if they think that Caleb Williams is Mahommes, Drake Maye is Trevor Lawrence and Daniel’s is a project, it may be worth the tax. 

It’s at least nice to Be in striking distance and have our options open. 

This is the same thinking that led to trading the farm for RG3

SOS can’t change in week 18 right? Since those are all division games? I mean, if you win or lose, that affects it a little bit, but is irrelevant because the win or loss affects your draft position more than the SOS.

I guess what I’m saying is if we are ahead of New England after next week, we will stay ahead of them unless we beat the Cowboys, right?

49 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

SOS can’t change in week 18 right? Since those are all division games? I mean, if you win or lose, that affects it a little bit, but is irrelevant because the win or loss affects your draft position more than the SOS.

I guess what I’m saying is if we are ahead of New England after next week, we will stay ahead of them unless we beat the Cowboys, right?

The SoS is against all opponents.  So if we have 4 uncommon opponents.  The 2 commanders played win week 18 and the Patriots both lose,  their SoS drops and they likely get the tiebreaker.   

• Sad 1

Swinging and missing is fine as long as the swing isn’t debilitating and the miss doesn’t make you gun shy. 

The 49ers had Garrappolo, then traded a bunch for Lance and quickly pivoted to Purdy. 

The Eagles had, Bradford, then Foles, then Wentz and then Hurts. They just kept trying.

The issue IMO isn’t “making the mistake”, it’s not quickly moving on from it.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, dyst said:

Swinging and missing is fine as long as the swing isn’t debilitating and the miss doesn’t make you gun shy. 

The 49ers had Garrappolo, then traded a bunch for Lance and quickly pivoted to Purdy. 

The Eagles had, Bradford, then Foles, then Wentz and then Hurts. They just kept trying.

The issue IMO isn’t “making the mistake”, it’s not quickly moving on from it.

This post is simple yet insightful and is 100% correct.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Redd said:

I mean with the Niners loss does that mean if Pats and Commies both lose out, Commies still have the 3rd overall pick?

Only thing I can tell ya, Redd is that it helps us in a tie breakers with points and Strength of Schedule.  We need to lose out and hope that NE or Arizona win one of their remaining games.  If it comes down to a tie then the SOS and points will determine it.  Make sense? :) 

Edited by RWJ
  • Thumb up 1