Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

The Patriots may not need to win 2 more games. We may just need them to beat the Jets. But we should be rooting for the NFC East to lose games while the AFC East win games. This would lower our SOS and boost the Patriots SOS. I’m not sure who we need to root for otherwise. I can look further into the Patriots SOS to see what opponents they have who we can root for to boost their SOS. Looks like something as simple as the Steelers beating the Seahawks could flip SOS to our advantage (we played Seattle, they played Pittsburgh). 

So it’ll really be a week by week update. Root for Saints, Steelers, Colts, Raiders, Broncos, Chiefs, Chargers … there may be a few more. Plus the obvious of rooting for the AFC East to win and NFC East to lose. There is a path to us having a lower SOS if we both have 4 wins. But easiest path is hoping the Pats win 2 more games. And we need the Cards to beat the Bears, which is their only winnable game on paper. 

• Like 1

Arizona at 3 could pick Harrison or trade to highest bidder.   I think jumping them is probably most important.   With Vegas at 6, I think you'd be in good position to get some solid picks and still be in position get one of Harrison, Bowers, top 2 OT. 

Depends on if they want QB obviously.   Less ideal there since at 3 they're talking the last of the top group most likely. 

6 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

The Patriots may not need to win 2 more games. We may just need them to beat the Jets. But we should be rooting for the NFC East to lose games while the AFC East win games. This would lower our SOS and boost the Patriots SOS. I’m not sure who we need to root for otherwise. I can look further into the Patriots SOS to see what opponents they have who we can root for to boost their SOS. Looks like something as simple as the Steelers beating the Seahawks could flip SOS to our advantage (we played Seattle, they played Pittsburgh). 

So it’ll really be a week by week update. Root for Saints, Steelers, Colts, Raiders, Broncos, Chiefs, Chargers … there may be a few more. Plus the obvious of rooting for the AFC East to win and NFC East to lose. There is a path to us having a lower SOS if we both have 4 wins. But easiest path is hoping the Pats win 2 more games. And we need the Cards to beat the Bears, which is their only winnable game on paper. 

If Pats/Cards win one each,  we'd pick 2nd in the 2nd round if your scenario doesn't quite come true here.   

With Carolina picking for the first time,  I see them picking need,  which should give us a  borderline 1st round player,  or make a solid trade option if we stay put in Round 1.

6 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

Cards have a winnable game against the Bears.

Patriots have winnable games against the Seahawks and Jets.

#2 would be such a mind**** spot to pick. Do you call Chicago and try to move up to 1 for Caleb??

If we finish with the number 2 pick I would stick with Howell and trade the pick to the highest bidder, plenty of teams need a QB more than we do in my opinion. Our Roster is ***** we need more picks buddy. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

43 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

If I was Harris I would be telling Rivera to sit any players we will either be keeping or possibly looking to trade, Mclaurin and  Allen for starters, they've been playing with injuries most of the season.

And Sam. Sit Sam to keep him healthy. I know it sounds crazy but I'd sit Sam because he's our top asset right now or at least one of them.

Cards schedule:  SF, Eagles, Bears, Seahawks.  2 of them are winnable to me, Bears and Seahawks at home.  Not saying they win but not impossible.

Pats schedule:  Chiefs, Denver, Bills, Jets.  

As for SOS against the Pats going forward if we just focus on the 4 games left and I understand its deeper than just that for SOS.  The Jets are a wash

So Chiefs, Denver, Bills versus Dallas, SF, Rams

On paper I like the chances better of leapfrogging the Cards than the Pats.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

So things are pretty simple now …

1. lose out

2. Cards win 1 more

3. Patriots win 2 more

We lock up #2. 

If #3 doesn’t happen, we still lock in #3 

if only #1 happens then we lock in #4. 

if we win again, we’d be picking #7 if we go with chalk results ROS, which today showed us doesn’t mean Jack **** 

Your point #1 being the most important.  Gotta lose out.

Christmas Eve vs. The Jets will be very interesting.  

Grant just assumes they win strength of schedule, he's wrong about that but he's right about the value of pick #2.

Among oother things it helps reassure any GM about QB.  they may dig Howell.  But if they don't, they may love Maye or Daniels.  It covers both basis.  

The irony of that is Howell's next 4 games are big on that front.  As much as i like Howell, I don't think he's untouchable the way some here think so if he struggles IMO it adds the chance of a QB, if he plays well it increases the chances they don't take a QB.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

That'd be some real irony. Rons first year starts with pick2 and his last ends with pick 2.

Ron would leave with a roster that argtuably isn't better than Jay.  With a team that likewise crashed.  With ex-players taking shots at the "culture" there.

Ron's legacy to me is nice guy working for a douche.  And it was good to have a nice guy in that context.    But aside from that he accomplished nothing IMO.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Titans and Giants pull of improbable upsets, giving them 5 wins. Miami loses weakening out SOS…

IMG_2905.gif

I said that last night at work and two tables heard me and laughed and said they use that line a lot.

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Ron would leave with a roster that argtuably isn't better than Jay.  With a team that likewise crashed.  With ex-players taking shots at the "culture" there.

Ron's legacy to me is nice guy working for a douche.  And it was good to have a nice guy in that context.    But aside from that he accomplished nothing IMO.

He was basically asked to captain the Titanic, while never seeing the iceberg and used all the life boats for the talent.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

11 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

What a blast last night was.  Having such a rooting interest in 2 random games that came down to the wire was just so much fun. Really upset after the Barkley fumble, I'm grateful that Jordan Love, as I had suspected, sucks.  

I don't think Love sucks.   I think he will be a mediocre QB for a long time, like in that 17-24 range.   But even when Green Bay was on that losing streak he played okay.  That said, he may be the least accurate starter in the NFL will places a pretty hard ceiling on his potential.

• Like 1

Even if we did wind up at number 2 and we decide to stick with Howell, how low are you willing to go in the 1st round, absent some sort of Ditka-New Orleans offer?  Drop any lower than six and the possibility is that Harrison, Bowers, and both of the (at this point) premier tackles are off the board.

56 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Grant just assumes they win strength of schedule, he's wrong about that but he's right about the value of pick #2.

Among oother things it helps reassure any GM about QB.  they may dig Howell.  But if they don't, they may love Maye or Daniels.  It covers both basis.  

The irony of that is Howell's next 4 games are big on that front.  As much as i like Howell, I don't think he's untouchable the way some here think so if he struggles IMO it adds the chance of a QB, if he plays well it increases the chances they don't take a QB.

No one is untouchable.

The new Gm/ coach will decide which players are worth retaining.  At qb, they will decide is Sam the qb they want to hitch their ride to or do they feel we need to draft a qb.  If we draft a qb, Sam is likely traded and we will just sign a veteran as backup. Maybe resign Jacoby.  If we go with Sam, we take Harrison Jr if available or OT. Or maybe we trade down a few spots and get more picks.  Think free agency will dictate our draft approach a lot.

We have to keep fingers crossed they make right decision at QB. The wrong decision and in 3-4 years we are starting over again.

• Like 1