Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2023 Roster Cuts News & Speculation Thread

MartinC

3 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Like I said...I don't see EB, his first game as OC, allowing the offense to take anything lightly. EB has something to prove.

I like EB too but that's speculation. We have no idea what will happen. I'm just saying that all Washington fans should be well aware of what I'm referring to. The let downs have been plentiful. Sometimes inexplicable.

2 minutes ago, Tress Is The Way said:

The best pass rusher in the NFL? Maybe in 2018.. VM hasn't played a full season since then, there are more scary rushers than him now a days.

I didn't say that he was the best. I said " arguably. " Lol. He is still a beast when healthy.

Edited by AlwaysBeRedskins2Me

43 minutes ago, terpfan said:

This one intrigues me…

Agreed. He is not a vested veteran meaning we can claim him on waivers if he makes it to us. IR Hodges and get Albert O on the roster. Can keep Armah on PS and call him up as needed

5 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Sign this guy. He's a ****ing time traveler apparently. 

14.5 yard average on punt returns? That's like double the league average. Why they cut him?

They are giving the job to their 4th round pick Charlie Jones. Taylor is an alum of the Louisiana Tech program, which this staff loves

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, DiscoBob said:

All I gotta say, is that middle school must've been brutal....

He transferred to ODU from Penn State.  I'm not joking, 1-2 years ago, the last names of Penn States top 3 tight ends were Johnson, Kuntz, and Strange.

• Haha 8

5 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Props to Tinsley for making the team.  Guy played a helluva last preseason game 

I'm not sure if anyone here watches the big Washington fan Louie Tee on youtube, but he really thought Tinsley was headed to the PS. I'm glad he was wrong on this one. Not as glad as the Tinsley family, I'm sure but I'm happy for him.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I really wanted Armah to make it, because the only thing I like better than smash mouth football with a FB is @AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy being proven wrong.

Pretty sure saying y’all are a bunch of drama queens is my most accurate assessment to date. 😆

Excited for the season. Love my ES brethren. Disappointed with Armah as well, guess they will roll with Hodges. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Pretty sure saying y’all are a bunch of drama queens is my most accurate assessment to date. 😆

Excited for the season. Love my ES brethren. Disappointed with Armah as well, guess they will roll with Hodges. 

Yeah, the TE who doesn't catch or block. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

As a Cards player, just how much motivation do you have for this game knowing that the front office is practically throwing away the season?

I also doubt EB will allow them to half ass this game.

A lot of motivation. Players don’t care what the front office is doing. If they feel the front office is “tanking”, they have to feel that there is an opportunity to showcase their abilities for a rebuild. Whether it’s with the Cards or not. There is also an opportunity for them to take on the “underdog” mentality.

If a player is not motivated to be a professional NFL player, he probably won’t be there too long.

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, NYSkins21 said:

A lot of motivation. Players don’t care what the front office is doing. If they feel the front office is “tanking”, they have to feel that there is an opportunity to showcase their abilities for a rebuild. Whether it’s with the Cards or not. There is also an opportunity for them to take on the “underdog” mentality.

If a player is not motivated to be a professional NFL player, he probably won’t be there too long.

Spot on. Absolutely cannot take anybody lightly, ever. Our team better somehow pretend that they are taking on the Chiefs. Lol.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NYSkins21 said:

Lovely sentiment, but working at a ****hole compared to a company you believe in absolutely has an affect on your performance. 

Have you never been to an applebees and seen the dead look in the eyes of your server?

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

31 minutes ago, NYSkins21 said:

I disagree, motivation plays a huge part in football. Playing the underdog role will also only get you so far. When you get punched in the mouth unnecessarily you start looking around.

Edited by Chris 44
  • Like 1

Just to summarize everything so far, based on who we know is cut and who we basically know is one the team, this is what it's looking like

Quarterback (2): Sam Howell, Jacoby Brissett

Running back (3): Brian Robinson, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez Jr.

Wide receiver (7): Terry McLaurin, Jahan Dotson, Curtis Samuel, Dyami Brown, Byron Pringle, Dax Milne, Mitchell Tinsley

Tight end (4): Logan Thomas, John Bates, Cole Turner, Curtis Hodges

Offensive line (8): Charles Leno Jr., Andrew Wylie, Cornelius Lucas, Sam Cosmi, Saahdiq Charles, Chris Paul, Nick Gates, Ricky Stromberg

Total Offense: 24

Defensive ends (7): Montez Sweat, Chase Young, James Smith-Williams, Efe Obada, Casey Toohill, Andre Jones Jr., KJ Henry

Defensive tackles (4): Jonathan Allen, Daron Payne, Phidarian Mathis, John Ridgeway

Linebacker (4): Jamin Davis, Cody Barton, Khaleke Hudson, David Mayo

Cornerback (5): Kendall Fuller, Benjamin St-Juste, Emmanuel Forbes, Quan Martin, Danny Johnson

Safety (4): Kamren Curl, Darrick Forrest, Percy Butler, Jeremy Reaves

Total Defense: 24

Special teams (3): Joey Slye, Tress Way, Camaron Cheeseman

Total Roster: 51

I didn't officially count Christian Holmes, though he seems very likely to make it as another CB (with Martin possibly sliding to safety some). So that's 52. And 53 is the question mark. As has been stated, Tyler Larsen was technically cut, but is expected to be resigned shortly once some roster moves are made.

Edited by Jericho
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Lovely sentiment, but working at a ****hole compared to a company you believe in absolutely has an affect on your performance. 

This is exactly why I’m more bullish on this team than most. Playing on a team with a dreadful QB absolutely affects the entire team.

Kinda like the idea of “still playing good defense when you’re not shooting well” only lasts for so long. 

• Like 1